JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
With finishing 11th or 12th this will mean the 2019 fixture should be a decent one for us.. much like Collingwood got this year.

Round 1 should see us open with a home game

Hoping for double up games against:
Gold Coast
Carlton
St Kilda etc

Would be nice if our home showdown is put in a primetime time slot. Would it be too much to ask for a Friday night showdown? the past 5 years have produced classic games in the showdowns.. full of drama etc. its about time the AFL award Crows/Port a Friday night showdown.

I know most people love Friday and Sat night 7:20/7:10pm games but I am also a fan of the sat 1:15 or 1:40pm time slots.. we didn't get any thins. all our home games were night or twilight so I am hoping for a couple of home sat arvo games in 2019.

What are some of your wants/wishes for the 2019 fixture?

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
16-17 home games like Richmond
That will be nice. Surely it cant be hard to make it show each side plays 12 games at there home ground. Not necessarily home games.
Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne, carlton, hawthorn - MCG
Eseendon, Bulldogs, North, St Kilda- Ethihad
Gold Coast - metricon
Brisbane- Gabba
Sydney - SCG
West Coast, freo - Perth Stadium
Adelaide, Port - Adelaide Oval
GWs - Spotless
Geelong - Cat Park

So instead of Richmond and Essendon playing at the G make it at Ethihad for Essendos home game. Make other Vic teams play Geelong at Geelong other than Interstate teams

Ahhh don't you want the tough teams at home and the easy beats away?
No.

The ability to beat tough teams away is the best way to prepare for finals and especially the grand final which we have to play at a hostile venue.

That said I'd rather not play at non finals venues like Kardinia, Tasmania, Canberra and NT

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
No.

The ability to beat tough teams away is the best way to prepare for finals and especially the grand final which we have to play at a hostile venue.

That said I'd rather not play at non finals venues like Kardinia, Tasmania, Canberra and NT
But that potentially costs you top 4... Im happy with more games at the G I want to play some crap teams there so we get confidence playing there and can get a better feel for the ground.

But that potentially costs you top 4... Im happy with more games at the G I want to play some crap teams there so we get confidence playing there and can get a better feel for the ground.

It doesn't cost you top 4 if you're good enough.

There is no point whatsoever making finals and finishing high if you aren't good enough to win the flag.

If you're not good enough, you want to get good draft picks and go again

If you convince yourself what you're going to get is what you want, you won't be disappointed.
Therefore I request:
Sunday twilight home Showdown, Saturday night away Showdown
1 game at the MCG
At least 1 game at a bumpkin ground that is barely AFL standard
Double ups against the highest ranked sides in each bracket or those most likely to improve (ie, Richmond/WCE, Geelong)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
You can guarantee we will play at Kardinia park some that's already a loss.. we will play WC at Optus stadium.

Also, more Sunday!

(Selfish)
The roster I’ve had the last 3 years has just had me going no sat afternoon/twilight
With my new roster starting today
Just give me as many Sundays as possible

Next Gen Rookie

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2017
Hiding in Bacon8's roofspace
AFL Club
Adelaide
Part of the reason I'd love Port to have somehow jagged 6th spot was they'd be a Top 6 double up, meaning we'd have either 0 or 1 more of them

Shame they let me down ;)

upload_2018-8-21_15-29-7.png

So we will get 2x T6, 2xM6 (inc Port) & 1xB6; won't be 1-2-2 for us.

I like night games. Sat twilight Showdown was good though.

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
Easter Thursday

claim this as our own dammit!!!
I’d rather a good slot this week every year than risk a s**t one every few years sharing with port.

Apparently we didn't ask for it, and it's likely Essendon are going to take it off of us. Heard Rowie talking about it and apparently he messaged Fages who said it wasn't an AFC priority.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Night home games and no sundays. Better atmosphere and we got good crowds this year to our night games despite being s**t

Would like an anzac day as can't understand why essendon get one

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
Easter Thursday

claim this as our own dammit!!!
I’d rather a good slot this week every year than risk a s**t one every few years sharing with port.
I think they'll give it to Collingwood/Richmond next year considering Easter falls a week before ANZAC week.

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
Wish list:

Thursday Night Home Showdown.
2 Sunday Night games Easter Sunday V Sydney, Sunday Queens Birthday Eve V one of Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon.
Minimum 3 games at the MCG

Won't happen but would love us to try and get an ANZAC day game against West Coast, in the past the VFL always played up to 3 games on the day up to 1995. Game could start 4:40 here or 2:40 in Perth, both clubs large supporter bases, best TV rating team in each retrospective state.

Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Opening and Closing rounds at home

3 games at the MCG - 2 of them on Saturday afternoon

Home showdown Friday night. Port showdown early in the day to stop their fans getting so drunk and embarrassing themselves again.

Double Ups - Port, Brisbane, Collingwood, Fremantle, Hawthorn

Home games: Port, Brisbane, Collingwood, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, Sydney, Carlton, Essendon, Geelong

No games in Tassie

Back