Prediction 2019 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

X11l7TA.jpg

TWo Games in the Perth fortress. Thanks heaps AFL :(

Here's a weird one. Each club plays in Perth at least once a year, 4 clubs have to do the trip twice. This year it was Port, Bulldogs, Essendon and St Kilda. Next year it's Port, Bulldogs, Essendon and North. Not exactly sharing it around.

Seeing as we like to beat the reigning premiers in the last couple of years, pencil down the WC game as a win. But still finish 9-10th
Forgot about that. What are we, 5 out of 6? starting with finally beating Sydney in 2013 after 7 years of losing to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd really like us to beat Geelong. Our record against them since 2007 is an absolute disgrace.
Try since we beat them in the QF in 2004. Post that we are 2-18. Post 2007 GF its 1-13.

I have 6 out of 7

Port v Syd r13 2013 (W)
Port v Haw r10 2014 (W)
Port v Haw r4 2015 (W)
Port v Haw r21 2015 (W)
Port v Haw r16 2016 (L)
Port v WB r22 2017 (W)
Port v Rich r12 2018 (W)
I dont count the 2nd time we play a premier in that season.

Wins against teams since the '07 GF:

Melbourne 11
Adelaide 10
Gold Coast 9
St Kilda 9
Brisbane 8
Fremantle 7
Hawthorn 7
North Melbourne 7
Richmond 7
West Coast 7
Collingwood 6
Carlton 5 (lol)
Essendon 5
Western Bulldogs 5
GWS 4
Sydney 3
Geelong 1

Dwayne Russell's article on the eve of the 2007 GF played a part in us becoming Geelong's go to bitch.. Choco, Walshy & PED's didn't help either.

Wow. And one of those wins was a goal from Dom in the last 10 seconds. Basically one convincing win (2014) in 10 years.
If we win 2 out of every 3 we play them from now on, we might get to a 50% win rate against ( current is 9-1-22) by 2038. Think about it. 20 years to catch up and we have been in the AFL 22 seasons.

Honestly I don’t reckon the draw even matters, if we sort our s**t out and play to the best we can i’m pretty optimistic we’ll do well doesn’t matter what our draw is.
Yeah the idea that the draw influences our performance in any meaningful manner whatsoever is laughable.

We lose the games we should win, we win the games we should lose.
We set ourselves up early in the season and we fall over late, we lose early and knock ourselves out of contention early and we go on a late season pride-salvaging run.

Here's how the following factors on our team's performance would be weighted (100 = perfect correlation between factor and performance, 0 = least)

-Gameplan 60
-Player ability/talent 20
-The draw 10

with a couple additional Port factors

-How cooked in the head are we today? 100
-Do people expect us to win? -100 (inverse relationship)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back