Roast 2019 Fixture

Will we get more games Interstate or at Marvel Stadium?

• Interstate

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Marvel Stadium

Votes: 16 25.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL have as usual royally ****** up, it should be rich/Coll on the Thursday and Dees/bombers on the Friday leading into Anzac eve and day.

One or both of tigers and demons heading into Anzac eve on the back of 3 full days off. ( sun, mon, tues )

second half of that game could be a shocker due to fatigue.
The AFL should break the rules a bit here imo. Have Essendon vs Melbourne on Thursday Night, Kangaroos vs Carlton for Good Friday during the day and Richmond vs Collingwood on Good Friday night.

Alternatively if they don't want to break the rules. Brisbane vs Melbourne on Thursday night, Kangaroos vs Richmond Good Friday, Collingwood and Essendon play against other teams on Saturday afternoon.

Normally I don't want us to play on good Friday, but due to the break before the ANZAC eve game I would be okay with it this time around.

Last edited:
The AFL should break the rules a bit here imo. Have Essendon vs Melbourne on Thursday Night, Kangaroos vs Carlton for Good Friday during the day and Richmond vs Collingwood on Good Friday night.

Alternatively if they don't want to break the rules. Brisbane vs Melbourne on Thursday night, Kangaroos vs Richmond Good Friday, Collingwood and Essendon play against other teams on Saturday afternoon.

Normally I don't want us to play on good Friday, but due to the break before the ANZAC eve game I would be okay with it this time around.
The problem is the AFL is stubborn, they are obsessed with having the same teams on the same set dates and not even for one year waiver from that, it's this stubbornness that leads to fixture sameness and shitness every year.

Richmond v Carlton in round 1 on a thursday every ******* year has grown old and i for one am over it, you want to put interest back into seasons, all they have to do is change it up and stop playing the same teams on the same set dates. I want to play someone different in round 1.

If Richmond actually treated Round 1 as seriously as Carlton obviously treat it it’d be a great game (from a Richmond pov, if we treated it seriously it’d be a bloody 70-80 point win in round 1).

Enter Gopies1981.
After having read a fair number of gopies posts and upon careful reflection I have come to the inescapable conclusion that he needs (desperately ) to be shot repeatedly with balls of his own s**t ...the guy is an A grade twit and needs to be launched into space in a shopping trolley with nothing but a onesy and a snorkel to check out the feasibility of asteroid mining by entry level life forms ...please don't mention him on this board again

After having read a fair number of gopies posts and upon careful reflection I have come to the inescapable conclusion that he needs (desperately ) to be shot repeatedly with balls of his own s**t ...the guy is an A grade twit and needs to be launched into space in a shopping trolley with nothing but a onesy and a snorkel to check out the feasibility of asteroid mining by entry level life forms ...please don't mention him on this board again

Quality melt :thumbsu::D

Okay.

We seem to play Fremantle in Melbourne every year too.

Would be nice if the AFL changed it up so we play Fremantle in Perth and West Coast in Melbourne more often.
Our last 5 games against WC have alternated between home and away. We just only ever play them once, and the last time we played them at the G was way back in R3, 2017, so it seems like we only ever seem to go over there. Plus we had a strange run from 2007 to 2014 in which we played them 10 times, but just twice at the G.
Similar thing with Freo, our last 6 against them have alternated between home and away.

Our last 5 games against WC have alternated between home and away. We just only ever play them once, and the last time we played them at the G was way back in R3, 2017, so it seems like we only ever seem to go over there. Plus we had a strange run from 2007 to 2014 in which we played them 10 times, but just twice at the G.
Similar thing with Freo, our last 6 against them have alternated between home and away.
Hope we play them at the G.
Get 60K.

We've played Port Adelaide 30 times in their history. 9 of them in Melbourne ... 5 ... that's FIVE ... at the MCG, our home ground. There was one home game we sold in Darwin and a final that they had the right to host but they have had 20 out of 30 at their home ground!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've played Port Adelaide 30 times in their history. 9 of them in Melbourne ... 5 ... that's FIVE ... at the MCG, our home ground. There was one home game we sold in Darwin and a final that they had the right to host but they have had 20 out of 30 at their home ground!
It doesn't get reciprocated either. I didn't count Sydney because that was too hard to sort, but we don't have a clear advantage in H/A ratio against any of the interstate teams - it's all pretty even. Closest you'll get is v GC, 5 home - 3 away, but even then 3 of those home games were in Cairns :drunk:

You can see why too with years like last year where we played just 11 games at our home ground, 5 against teams that don't also call it home, and yet people have the audacity to complain when a couple of finals get scheduled at the G.

Hearing we play West Coast Friday Night at the G in Round 3.

Thursday, March 21

Carlton v Richmond, MCG 7.20pm

Friday, March 22

Collingwood v Geelong, MCG 7.50pm

Saturday, March 23

Melbourne v Port Adelaide, MCG 1.45pm

Adelaide v Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval 4.35pm

Western Bulldogs v Sydney, Marvel Stadium 7.25pm

Brisbane Lions v West Coast, Gabba 8.20pm

Sunday, March 24

St Kilda v Gold Coast, Marvel Stadium 1.10pm

GWS Giants v Essendon, Spotless Stadium 3.20pm

Fremantle v North Melbourne, Perth Stadium 6.20pm

Here's my take:

2 away games in Perth next year West Coast & Freo
1 away game in Adelaide against Adelaide
2 away games in Sydney against GWS & Sydney

Double up games against:

West Coast, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong & Melbourne

We will get reamed in the fixtures next year but we will still finish top 4

Here's my take:

2 away games in Perth next year West Coast & Freo
1 away game in Adelaide against Adelaide
2 away games in Sydney against GWS & Sydney

Double up games against:

West Coast, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong & Melbourne

We will get reamed in the fixtures next year but we will still finish top 4
That’s 3-2-0 for double ups. They rarely if ever do that. Change Essendon or Geelong for a bottom 6 team and it’s a bit more realistic

Back