Preview 2019 Fixture

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
The fixture generally gets released around this time although nothing in the press as yet. We will get a top 6 draw.

That guarrantees a double match up with one from the top 6 and likely two. We've had West Coast the last two years, and it seems likely to me it's time for a change.
I hope for the Demons with one at the G. The teams are a good match up to me. My only concern is we would be a temptation to send to the NT as a low drawing club in Melbourne.

I think Richmond and Collingwood have bigger clubs in mind but either would be fine. They would be an MCG game and draw well at Spotless or Manuka.

Maybe the Hawks, but again that matchup away usually gets sent to Tassie.

The middle six again we have one, probably two. The Swans will be one. The Crows again would be good. They are always challenging competitive games.

On a personal level North would be good and kick off the season in Tassie ideally.

The only one I dont want is the Bulldogs, any interactions with them generally lower the tone. They will be easy points again though, so if it happens it happens.

Other than that the bottom six we'll get one and I dont much care.

We do need at least two games in the H/A at the G. All the G tenants look like a good workout next year, so which probably doesn't matter that much.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
The fixture generally gets released around this time although nothing in the press as yet. We will get a top 6 draw.

That guarrantees a double match up with one from the top 6 and likely two. We've had West Coast the last two years, and it seems likely to me it's time for a change.
I hope for the Demons with one at the G. The teams are a good match up to me. My only concern is we would be a temptation to send to the NT as a low drawing club in Melbourne.

I think Richmond and Collingwood have bigger clubs in mind but either would be fine. They would be an MCG game and draw well at Spotless or Manuka.

Maybe the Hawks, but again that matchup away usually gets sent to Tassie.

The middle six again we have one, probably two. The Swans will be one. The Crows again would be good. They are always challenging competitive games.

On a personal level North would be good and kick off the season in Tassie ideally.

The only one I dont want is the Bulldogs, any interactions with them generally lower the tone. They will be easy points again though, so if it happens it happens.

Other than that the bottom six we'll get one and I dont much care.

We do need at least two games in the H/A at the G. All the G tenants look like a good workout next year, so which probably doesn't matter that much.
Agree with the need for big games at the G in 2019

We have a poor record there and need an opportunity to rectify it

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
My requests would be
2 games v the Pies + Bombers
Tigers or Eagles @ Spotless
1 trip each to WA, SA, Qld
3 Games at the MCG
2 Friday night games 1 home + 1 away

I get the feeling that the fixture will reach tipping point at some stage and the growth in crowds will not happen but not next year with Hawks, Pies, Tigers, Demons, Eagles having great seasons I can see record memberships for some of those clubs and again great crowds for those clubs around the country

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies

Could line it up with a NEAFL game against the Thunder. Double header, team travels as a club. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Could line it up with a NEAFL game against the Thunder. Double header, team travels as a club. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Fair enough I guess.

I was thinking more the heat and humidity might leave them flat the following week. Alice Springs would have that problem though.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Fair enough I guess.

I was thinking more the heat and humidity might leave them flat the following week. Alice Springs would have that problem though.

Swings and roundabouts. I’d prefer to be playing at the G because... well... it’s the G and we don’t play there anywhere near enough. But IF we were to travel to the NT, then I’m happy to try to find a positive take.

Last edited:

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good thing it being in Sydney and is it a good time for families?
I could see a good crowd with bombers supporters turning up and if it is a nice day the crowd should hit 15k
Should be a hard game first up as well and I wonder if that means the bombers are one of the double up opponents

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I could see a good crowd with bombers supporters turning up and if it is a nice day the crowd should hit 15k
Should be a hard game first up as well and I wonder if that means the bombers are one of the double up opponents
Just need the club and the AFL to learn a thing or two about promotion 1st.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Mymajor worry is theOlympic Precinct will be a mess with preparations for the Easter Show. Temporary fenced pathways to the ground around around the construction etc.
Still it's a good game and the Bombers are big club.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Possible round 2 doing the rounds.
264f68140c6ef0684b18ca928aaf69fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
AFL House (@AFL_House) tweeted at 5:12 pm on Tue, Oct. 30, 2018:
The AFL wishes to advise the fixture for the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season will be released at midday on Thursday November 1, 2018.
()

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
GWS GIANTS (@GWSGIANTS) Tweeted:
It's here!

Check out the GIANTS' fixture for a huge 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership season!

�� https://t.co/tP3k5v4YvH | #BeGIANT https://t.co/4SG1VRPm00
I reckon this is cool. We've got 3 MCG games. Tigers,Hawks, Demons

Double ups, Swans, Hawks, Tigers, Suns and Bombers.

Just in case the case youngsters need more practice against big hostile crowds throw in the Eagles at Optus and Crows at AO.

North in Hobart for a weekend in Tassie.

And please, please, this year let's smack the Cats in Geelong

Last edited:

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
3 at the G is good
Double up on Hawthorn for the first time in club history. Still yet to double on Collingwood (and haven’t doubled on North since 2012)

3rd year in a row we’re in Hobart (haven’t had a home game against North since r12 2015)

Only 1 game at Marvel

2 trips to Adelaide

Spotless games all twilight except lunchtime v Gold Coast and a traditional 2.10 v the Swans - don’t mind that.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
3 at the G is good
Double up on Hawthorn for the first time in club history. Still yet to double on Collingwood (and haven’t doubled on North since 2012)

3rd year in a row we’re in Hobart (haven’t had a home game against North since r12 2015)

Only 1 game at Marvel

2 trips to Adelaide

Spotless games all twilight except lunchtime v Gold Coast and a traditional 2.10 v the Swans - don’t mind that.

Except round 1 which is Spotless on a Sunday arvo.

Back