2019 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a leak a week ago claiming you were playing Gold Coast at home round 1 and we were playing Geelong in Geelong.

That would be just a fabulous way to start the season.

They did that to us with the Hawks unveiling their flag at the beginning of the 2014 seasons - as if we hadnt suffered enough the bastards

That might be the round 2 game. I think you get the first round home game this year.
That's what I meant, they will want that Carlton v Richmond blockbuster to open the season and not be distracted with a grand final replay for round one.

If Freo is playing Gold Coast in round one we start at 2:40pm Sunday

That's what I meant, they will want that Carlton v Richmond blockbuster to open the season and not be distracted with a grand final replay for round one.

If Freo is playing Gold Coast in round one we start at 2:40pm Sunday

I think they will avoid the 2.40 Sunday that early in the season. My bet would be they mirror this year and do 4.20 local time or Saturday night at the same time as a "VFL blockbuster".

Whilst I like the idea of a win first up, don't like playing bottom teams early as often they play well early in the season before dropping away (e.g. Gold Coast this year won their first two games from memory)

Whilst I like the idea of a win first up, don't like playing bottom teams early as often they play well early in the season before dropping away (e.g. Gold Coast this year won their first two games from memory)
I agree, huge potential for a negative campaign to begin with a loss to Gold Coast. They could beat Hawthorn, Collingwood, West Coast and Richmond in the next four weeks and the ball will already be rolling that the Dockers are facing a terrible year because we go into round one expecting a win.

We want the exact opposite. Playing Richmond away and we win by four goals, Jesse Hogan kicks 8.4 while Colyer and Conca combine for 55 touches and 4 goals. The lid is blown off, Richmond can lose the next five games and it will only slightly diminish the spirit the first win would generate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle Dockers
@freodockers

We'll face North Melbourne in round one of the 2019 AFL season at @OptusStadium!
1f4f0.png
bit.ly/2qdjuVp #foreverfreo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back