Analysis 2019 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

6 day break from playing Gold Coast at Metricon to West Coast in Perth... ouch.

Also first 6 rounds have 2 x 6 day breaks and 4 day break.

Also this Hawthorn get a 6 day break and we get 4 after anzac eve

No, i'm just exhausted from ranting about it
After? No we’re on a 10 day break

I like the tough return opponents. You would think All of Pies, Tiges and Eagles will be thereabouts next year. Although the Tiges got Lynch i could see them slipping if they get some injuries, judging by how they played with an injured Dusty in the prelim.

Swans out biggest hoodoo going so double the chance to break that this year. I haven't sussed all the minor details with breaks and travel, but it seems reasonable at first glance and definitely positive commercially.

The move to give the Pies 7 Friday nights and cut off a bunch of other teams, while betting on the resurgence of Essendon is pretty silly. It makes sense seeing good teams or teams with big supporter bases in prime time, but once again they have swung the pendulum too far.

It's going to get boring watching Collingwood every Friday or Thursday night - i would prefer seeing a few more mid-table clubs get at least 1 or 2 Thurs or Friday night games to add some variety.

I actually rate this fixture. Yeah, it's not the best possible draw we could've gotten but it was always going to be tougher when we made it to the final 4. Great to see us being rewarded with 9 blockbuster night games and only like 5 Sunday games in total or so now. Onwards and upwards Dees!!!

I don't understand the heartburn. When you improve of course your draw will be subjectively and objectively harder.

Anyway we get more exposure on FTA and more Prime-time games as well as 4 games that start the round: 3 Fridays/ 1 Thursdays(our Thursday night debut BTW)

Yes it sucks that we have four day break before our ANZAC eve match but so does Richmond. In fact our game comes earlier than theirs.

Its what we do with our draw that counts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After finishing 4th we can’t complain too much about the fixture. 2 extra interstate trip are our own fault due to NT deal. AFL aren’t going to compensate us for that. I believe we can beat anyone anywhere. Bring on 2019!

I remember campaigners complaining about the 6 day breaks this year and we won those. 17 other teams and we play all of them so decent result
And in 2017 our run of four six day breaks ended in our massive injury crisis that season

After finishing 4th we can’t complain too much about the fixture. 2 extra interstate trip are our own fault due to NT deal. AFL aren’t going to compensate us for that. I believe we can beat anyone anywhere. Bring on 2019!
If the only compensation we get for playing in NT is playing all of our home games at the G (as we are for the 2nd season) I'm more than happy.

Have to win 4 out of 6 v Richmond/Collingwood/WCE for mine.
I would settle for 3. I reckon any of the top 4 teams would be happy with going 50% or better against top 4 opposition. Just enough to know you can get the job done and save enough petrol tickets for the finals, when it really matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back