2019 Formula One Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Not so awesome news that a few of the drivers (VER, HAM) say you can't overtake and it's going to be a procession.
I watched that lap on Twitter and that was my first thought too.

Its basically the opposite of all the Tilke-dromes that have been prevalent recently. Lots of long curves that lead into each other and one relatively short start/finish straight doesn't really work with the heavily aero-dependent cars we have now.

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF DLC LFC KSC PRLC
RIP Niki Lauda.

Must have lived his life in enormous pain since 1976 but refused to complain about the hand he was dealt.

Fairly ruthless campaigner too, but he will be missed.
Considering the era I’m always surprised he survived that 1976 crash. The fact that he lived another 40+ years and achieved so much is an amazing testament to his determination and strength of character.

An unbelievable man. RIP Mr Lauda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Geelong
Jeez HHH, how about you start following nonagenarian wheelchair racing instead. :eek:
I'm only fiddy. fiddy-one next month.

I remember when I was real young, getting my parents to wake me up at midnight or whenever on a Saturday night / Sunday morning so I could watch Ali fighting on free to air or to watch Evil Knievel's latest stunt.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
He missed only two races after that crash. And just missed out on winning the world title, by 1 point I think. A lesser man would have given up on the sport.

Unbelievable.
That's amazing! He's a true legend and will be honoured as such.

Top Bottom