2019 Formula One Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Got to assume that Mercedes is massively sandbagging so far. Also looks like McLaren is doing the opposite putting in a low fuel lap on softer tyres to end up near the top of the time sheet each day

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #178
Ferrari are always strong this time of year, but even more so this year.

I get the feeling though they are going to replicate Mercedes with the 1st driver, 2nd driver approach. I hope they don't and let Leclerc race.

Last edited:

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
If MB/Ferrari are matched even closer than before, then everything is going to count. So depending on what happens early on at Albert Park, it wouldn't surprise me to see team orders being implanted as soon as AP.

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #182
How I would rank the teams purely on their performance in Test 1

1. Ferrari
2. Red Bull
3. Mercedes
4. Alfa Romeo
5. Torro Rosso
6. McLaren
7. Renault
8. Haas
9. Racing Point
10. Williams

Teams 4-9 should be relatively evenly positioned this year.

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I think Renault is ahead of McLaren right now. The fact McLaren ended up near the top of the times each day is because they would consistently do a low-fuel, soft tyre "glory run" that lots of other didn't

Broken

Brownlow Medallist
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Redskins
I think Renault is ahead of McLaren right now. The fact McLaren ended up near the top of the times each day is because they would consistently do a low-fuel, soft tyre "glory run" that lots of other didn't
How are McLaren for sponsors? Being near the top would be a nice selling point I'd imagine.

newblueo

Club Legend
Suspended
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee William's look like being speed humps this year. Reading robs comment they only really did 12 laps with bad areo parts on.

So Ferrari didn't run the soft type at all and Lewis ran the 2nd best tyre.my maths still has Lewis with 2 tenths over the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Despite Always On The Run being an all time great song, Kravitz is a campaigner. He's a huge smartarse.

Anthony Davidson can go back to what he does best. Punt innocent class leading cars out of the way, and the try to justify it like he's Ayrton Senna.

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #192
The Ted thing was fake news. Turns out he's just been mysteriously quiet during testing
Both he and Davidson are still with Sky, alongside Jenson Button who should be good

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It appears Mercedes have already given up on their unique take on the front wing end plates and have switched to ones that more obviously direct air flow out and around the front tyres. Their new, more bulbous nose is quite ugly too

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #194
There is probably no chance of this happening, but it would be absolutely hilarious if Torro Rosso ended up being faster than RBR.
We are getting to that point in testing, where teams are starting to focus on lap times

GCStormie

Team Captain
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
I welcome all the new fans to the Enstone Renault team. may your stay bring success.
Also kinda cool actually hearing about my team in mainstream news now rather than just redbull this redbull that :D

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Anyone ever played F1 Fantasy ?
See adverts for it all the time on F1 Social Media, curious if its any good ?
Its ok, I stopped a few years back because couldn't get into a league with enough people so its gets boring quick when there are only 4/5 of you doing it.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Also, just seen the team tire choices for the Aus GP.

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.chambers.5/posts/981779868684225

They've made an absolute mess with the different compounds. Just call them Prime, Option and Quali so everyone is using the same language as the teams (or Soft, Medium, Hard if its really that difficult). Easy

The public dont need to know which of the actual compounds (now differentiated by C1/C2 and so on) make up that 3 tyres for that weekend.

Top Bottom