2019 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I understand, its a totally new engine next year.
Until now, all that could be done was upgrade the s**t design they were stuck with.
Renault having a completely redesigned engine is predictable seeing as they poached one of Mercedes power-train designers mid last year. Here’s hoping Renault get a substantial power output upgrade and increase in reliability.

Also hoping that the dumb downed front aero pulls Red Bull back to the midfield. Can’t stand Marko the smug prick or his golden arrogant love child Max.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting that into perspective though, Ferrari predicted their cars to be 1.5s slower than 2018.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-new-rules-cars-slower/4339041/

Here's a quote from Crash.net from their opening day article:

And while the nine teams running in Barcelona all appeared fairly content with their initial findings, Williams found itself a world away. As the final build of the new FW42 car continued back in the UK, team personnel - and the Robert Kubica fans present at the track - were left waiting on news of when they would finally be able to hit the track.

Having already cancelled a planned shakedown over the weekend and pulled out of Monday’s running, the team issued a statement saying it was “more likely than not” to miss Tuesday as well.

Word in the paddock is far from positive. Deadlines have been missed, team morale is low as they work long hours to get the car finished, and concerns are that the “next-gen Williams” promised by deputy team boss Claire Williams for 2019 could be even further adrift than last year.
With the likes of Toro Rosso and Alfa Romeo appearing to grow in strength, a step forward was crucial for Williams to end stand still relative to its rivals, let alone to close the gap. And losing at least one-quarter of its pre-season running is very worrying indeed.

Even if the team were to get the car built tomorrow and down to Spain in time for the start of Wednesday’s running – which seems like a best-case scenario right now – the lack of a shakedown could leave Williams waiting until next week before properly hitting the track with the FW42.

not good news at all....

Is there a minimum requirement for teams to participate in testing in order to participate in Melbourne.
Not that I'm aware of. All of the rules I have read talk about limiting testing not insisting on minimum amounts of testing.

There are plenty of examples of teams being late to test, or not testing at all, just not in recent years. The biggest example I can think of is HRT, who were still putting their car together at the track for the 2012 Melbourne Grand Prix. The car did an installation lap and not much else, but was ready for the next grand prix, which I think was Malaysia, a week later. HRT had missed pre-season testing during the previous 3 years.

Teams must present their cars for each race, and there a rules that surround that, including penalties for not competing.

Last edited:
I know, its like its a professional sport or something??

Its a shame testing wasnt given to the broadcasters for the main season (Kayo etc) I wouldn't sit down and watch every second but being home today I would have enjoyed having it in the background and tuning into the commentary whenever it sounded interesting.

Last edited:
I think we can assume that wasn't in the plan
They’re testing the low drag Monza wing early 🥴🥴

DRS - detatchable rear section!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back