GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Hard to believe Hulkenburg is now a veteran of nearly 10 years and 150 odd races. It just doesn't seem that long ago that he was the new 22 yr old coming in with the GP2 title (and having won just about everything in the 2 or 3 years before that). A lot people had him picked as a future F1 champion, probably could have been with a decent car.
Thats the thing with F1 you not only have to be good you have to luck into the right car at the right time. If Hulk had been in that Red Bull that Dan's been driving... well he certainly wouldnt have that record for most race starts without a podium.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Can’t blame Daniel for walking away from RB.
49 million reasons.
Even if he doesn’t win a race, that a big boost in his pay packet, after years of RB paying effectively unders for his talent.

True, but he owed RBR for the first year or two that he was there, as they paid a lot of his way through their junior program and years at Toro Rosso etc.

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
About to fly out to Melbourne and attend my first Albert Park F1 weekend. Heard the helicopter flight around the track is a must do. Any other advice or tips?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I've never done it, waste of money if you ask me.

If you're going General Admin then get there early on race day as the best spots get taken pretty quick.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Yeah to be fair, was cheaper for me to get flights, accommodation in Malaysia for a week + 3 day pit grandstand pass to the GP over there in 2012, than it was to just fly and get GA tickets to Melb.

Though I will probably hit up Melb GP one day, just to have "done it".

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I've never done a helicopter ride, but I guess being from Melbourne I don't really need to see Albert Park from the air

If you're going General Admin then get there early on race day as the best spots get taken pretty quick.
I second this. I used to be there by 9am to get a good spot on the hill at either Turn 2 or 9/10 (although this was over 10 years ago now)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I've never done a helicopter ride, but I guess being from Melbourne I don't really need to see Albert Park from the air

I second this. I used to be there by 9am to get a good spot on the hill at either Turn 2 or 9/10 (although this was over 10 years ago now)
I've sat there (9/10) the last 3 times we've been and that's my favourite spot but you do have to get there pretty early

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watching the repeat of the season launch, Webber is a pain in the arse of a host. Keeps on saying about how they don’t have much time, yet he goes on random tangents. Also kept on talking over people so it made for pretty awkward viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wouldn't do general admin. Only ever done good seats and loved it. Walk the GA areas pre-race and thats cool, but in my prime seat for race time. Did Austin last year and that was awesome except for the lack of available commentary on track, hope Melbourne still do the FM coverage.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I just wouldn't do general admin. Only ever done good seats and loved it. Walk the GA areas pre-race and thats cool, but in my prime seat for race time. Did Austin last year and that was awesome except for the lack of available commentary on track, hope Melbourne still do the FM coverage.
I can't justify a grandstand ticket for Melbourne.

Most of the best corners are in GA zones so why bother.

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
Just landed. The business upgrade was worth it! Going to be so hard ever flying cattle class again.

Got seats in the Fangio grandstand for the whole weekend. Can’t wait! Barcelona was very light on entertainment outside of the F1 and I only had GA ticks so hoping for a better weekend here.

Ardent Roo

All Australian
May 9, 2011
1st & Goal
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Auburn Tigers - War Eagle!
Does anyone know the rules around GA and kids. It says that kids 14 and under are free with a paying Adult, but does that work with 3 kids and 1 adult? Or does it need to be a 1:1 ratio?

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Terrible news. :(

Well, at least we know what EP1 of next years season of "Drive to Survive" is going to focus on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back