Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Shocking news.

He's been a big part of F1 for a long time.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Channel Ten is covering the whole weekend.
Every other F1 race will be shown as a highlights package on FTA.

That's pretty s**t. I use to watch it every week. Then foxtel got it and even though I had foxtel I stopped watching it for some reason. It's a great sport and should be on FTA. The documentary on Netflix was amazing and a great insight into the pressures and to get to see a different side to the arrogant personas they all put on.

I'm hoping and think my YouTube TV subscription has every formula 1 race as I would a watch it on that, it's just better and easier than foxtel, but if not foxtel still have the rights don't they? As a backup plan.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oooh it's on foxtel in 4k, and it looks bloody nice. Hope the whole season will be in 4k, then foxtels the winner imo.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone elses stream go to s**t on kayo? Switched back to 4k foxtel F1 coverage pretty quick lol. Cancelling trial. Useless. Promises it can't deliver upon.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
But now, my first contribution for the 2019 season.

Based on what I can pick up on. I'm going to say I think we're going to have a tight title fight. It's another year with the same regs form 2017. Another year where Ferrari make up some ground, and another year that MB's advantage gets eroded somewhat. So if nothing else, that should make it closer.

I'm expecting to see a shitload more form Vettel.
Well, it seems this opiion is donw the toilet after the first race.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Expect all Foxtel F1 to be 4K

Nooice. Tbh previewing the 4k channel I wasn't that impressed, and didn't notice a huge difference, but after watching the f1 and the port game in 4k then having to switch back to 504 1080p HD for the Crows game, I noticed a big difference.

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I can understand that pov, but it doesn't surprise me so much. F1 doesn't seem generate mainstream talk or talk within people's social groups.

It's not like footy or cricket, where inevitably someone will bring it up and most people within a group can contribute. I've had experiences, like at work and cricket, where you'll know people for years but never knew they were also into F1 and remember the stuff you remember as a kid. Because it's not talked about at a casual level, I think some people and media get confused about how popular it is. The mainstream sports media barely talk about F1/motorsport even though a large amount of listeners are interested in it.

You look at this board? There's a portion of regulars throughout the week, then heaps of people jump on the race day thread (That's an observation, not a criticisim).

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Only 11pm here so I've a drink and a quiet house to enjoy quali with. Just wondering if the F1 and motoGP quali is offset enough to catch the bikes as well.

Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
But now, my first contribution for the 2019 season.

Based on what I can pick up on. I'm going to say I think we're going to have a tight title fight. It's another year with the same regs form 2017. Another year where Ferrari make up some ground, and another year that MB's advantage gets eroded somewhat. So if nothing else, that should make it closer.

I'm expecting to see a shitload more form Vettel. In the end, the 2018 season is over, and he can start again with a clean shot. He's got a title contending car, and what happened last year is in the past.

Compare the seasons. In 2017, He finished 2nd with 317pts and won 5 races. It was seen a really good, productive year, his first year as a title contender since 2013. But in 2018, he was diminished, laughed at all over the web. Yet he still finished 2nd in the title winning 5 races and scoring 320pts!

If he personally had a worse season, he knows the worst that can happen is finishing 2nd and winning a bunch of races. I don notice in his career, that if he has a slump, he comes back. Despite winning the title, he wasn't that great in 2010, but he came back and dominated in 2011. He wasn't that good in 2012, then dominated 2013. He was soundly diminished in 2014, then redeemed himself in 2015. 0 wins in 2016, 5 wins and a championship challenge in 2017. Crap in 2018, but in 2019...

For Hamilton, it's another year of the same s**t. He's already fended off two title challenges from Vettel, and is now going to have to do it again. That's fatiguing. After beating Rosberg in 2014 -15, he had to do it again in '16. But he just wasn't in it and made plenty of errors that weren't as notable as Vettel in 18.

If it's a closer title fight, then team orders will be even more blatant. Bottas has understandably been written off, but is a top level driver who wouldn't get a contract extension if he wasn't pulling his weight. Leclerc is rated hugely by some, but a dark horse for mine. There's a difference between being in F1 in the lower teams and going for it all the time, and being in a championship contending F1 car. The front running cars in F1 expose all the weaknesses the drivers have that weren't necessarily that obvious beforehand, so I hope he's got his s**t together.

With Verstappen? He's one of these guys where he gets kissed on the dick a lot (Like Schumacher, Hamilton, Rossi in MotoGP, etc.), so he'll do something for something will happen that will go his way.

Ricciardo? It's obviulsy a long term game for him. but let's hope there's more of those crazy, unpredictable races he's won most of his races in.
Well, it seems this opiion is donw the toilet after the first race.
No no. I was right the first time!

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Fine. How about "preferred", or "the number 1 driver" then.

You're deluded if you think Hulkenberg and Ricciardo will be treated equally. F1 teams don't pay one guy 7 times as much as the other and then treat them the same

The first time he makes contact with Dan's car
so... uh how's that number 1 driver thing coming. lol

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Shattered for LeClerc.

Dan at the mercy of a poor strategy, they had to try something but alas it didn't work

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I didn't watch the race so I don't know what you're referring to, but regardless of that a 2 race sample size is hardly big enough to prove or disprove how a team is treating its drivers
1 stop was the clearly slower strategy, but I can see why they tried it. I mean both cars failed anyway.

Horner being a bit of a flog, but what he fails to realise is the rookie in the McLaren is also Renault powered.

Back