2019 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a great track, the cars have just outgrown it IMO.

Unlike some.of the new places they go to, it'll have a cracking atmosphere.

Not so awesome news that a few of the drivers (VER, HAM) say you can't overtake and it's going to be a procession.
I watched that lap on Twitter and that was my first thought too.

Its basically the opposite of all the Tilke-dromes that have been prevalent recently. Lots of long curves that lead into each other and one relatively short start/finish straight doesn't really work with the heavily aero-dependent cars we have now.

I've not had a chance to follow the season too closely, am I right in thinking that I haven't missed much?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

RIP Niki Lauda.

Must have lived his life in enormous pain since 1976 but refused to complain about the hand he was dealt.

Fairly ruthless campaigner too, but he will be missed.

Terrible news. RIP.

RIP Niki Lauda.

Must have lived his life in enormous pain since 1976 but refused to complain about the hand he was dealt.

Fairly ruthless campaigner too, but he will be missed.
Considering the era I’m always surprised he survived that 1976 crash. The fact that he lived another 40+ years and achieved so much is an amazing testament to his determination and strength of character.

An unbelievable man. RIP Mr Lauda

RIP Niki. :'(

f1-french-gp-1975-niki-lauda-ferrari-312t.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez HHH, how about you start following nonagenarian wheelchair racing instead. :eek:

I'm only fiddy. fiddy-one next month.

I remember when I was real young, getting my parents to wake me up at midnight or whenever on a Saturday night / Sunday morning so I could watch Ali fighting on free to air or to watch Evil Knievel's latest stunt.

He missed only two races after that crash. And just missed out on winning the world title, by 1 point I think. A lesser man would have given up on the sport.

Unbelievable.

When he took his helmet off after that Monza race, his balaclava was soaked in blood and bits of his head.

The pain must have been enormous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back