2019 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that'd ramp up the Hamilton story even more!

Think about it? "Hamilton wins the championship despite a mechanical dnf where Bottas had none. He's the greatest of all time ebcause of it."

I'll retract from saying the Bottas has been fantastic because he hasn't. Hamilton has been very good this season, while Bottas has been ver good.

The 182 points Bottas has scored in the races so far this season would've lead the last 3 seasons at this point. 2nd in 14 and 15 (Better than Hamilton in 14).

He has the weakness of using his tyres more than Hamilton does. But normally with all the unknown factors that occur during the season, it wouldn't be so costly.

Yeah, that'd ramp up the Hamilton story even more!

Think about it? "Hamilton wins the championship despite a mechanical dnf where Bottas had none. He's the greatest of all time ebcause of it."

I'll retract from saying the Bottas has been fantastic because he hasn't. Hamilton has been very good this season, while Bottas has been ver good.

The 182 points Bottas has scored in the races so far this season would've lead the last 3 seasons at this point. 2nd in 14 and 15 (Better than Hamilton in 14).

He has the weakness of using his tyres more than Hamilton does. But normally with all the unknown factors that occur during the season, it wouldn't be so costly.
He also has the weakness of the team still favouring Hamilton.
But Hamilton is a world Champion many times over, so Bottas would know that down to the wire Hamilton will always get the teams preference.
Take nothing away from Hamilton, despite as posted that his race results are being boosted without him having to work for it, you simply cannot ignore his Saturday performances.
Breathtaking how he can pull that extra one or two tenths over the opposition when he needs it.
And his ability to take a supposed equal car and get it out of DRS range within the first five laps is testimony to his skill.
He is a supreme pedaller

He also has the weakness of the team still favouring Hamilton.
But Hamilton is a world Champion many times over, so Bottas would know that down to the wire Hamilton will always get the teams preference.
Take nothing away from Hamilton, despite as posted that his race results are being boosted without him having to work for it, you simply cannot ignore his Saturday performances.
Breathtaking how he can pull that extra one or two tenths over the opposition when he needs it.
And his ability to take a supposed equal car and get it out of DRS range within the first five laps is testimony to his skill.
He is a supreme pedaller

Yeah, he is.

Still a giant tool though

Personally, I think the Hamilton pole thing may be a bit overstated. With some of these "super pole" laps, he already had it and was just a freebie attempt. He and Bottas have been have also been fairly even.

On another note. Bottas already has more podiums this season than he had the whole of last season. The last of which was in r17.

So RIC is being sued by his former manager for a sum of 10million pounds in unpaid fees over his move to Renault.

The more interesting thing is listed in the lawsuit as the first defendant is a company called Whitedunes International Holdings Limited, a British Virgin Island company owned by Ricciardo, who is listed as the second defendant.

Did someone say, Tax dodge??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did someone say, Tax dodge??
emoji14.png
Hardly surprising. Mark Webber lived/lives in Monaco (for much the same reasons I'd imagine)

Oh yeah, for sure. They all do it. Pretty sure Ric lives in Monaco as well.
I actually goggled it. He bought a house in Beverly Hills this year apparently, has a big house in Perth and a 1 bed apartment in Monaco (that he presumably "lives" in during season to qualify as a resident there)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still find it weird that Lando streams on Twitch, and not just sim racing either

And if FOM want to appeal and grow the sport to a younger audience, its in their best interest to do everything possible to ensure he can continue to stream.

Last edited:
Nawwww poor diddums, gotta keep up that Instagram persona.

Well, that wraps up the debate.
Is he an all time champion? Or just an overpaid flog?
The opportunity to show how much a knife edge is competitive sport at the highest level, and how even the best can have off days, is lost. All for ego.
The latter in my questions appears to be the answer.

Alonso on his day was as good as any out there. Could defend like no one's business, and could overtake like he was smoking meth. More importantly, he was consistent. Winning two championships on the coat tails of Schumi's dominance, while being a fairly consistent competitor and thorn in the side for the likes of Pabs, baby schumi, Raikkonen (who I loved then), Button and Coulthard. First season in the big time and he did well against great opposition, basically consigning Kimi to 2nd place in 2003 with his Hungarian win. Poor Kimi, only needed 2 more points to clinch it. Stuck it on pole in his second time out.

That McLaren was a seriously good car, it's just a shame that Kimi was partnered by one of the fattest and most punchable blokes to have ever driven an F1 car.

Alonso on his day is exceptionally good. If you're really picking between the most punchable double champions of the last 15 years, my money is going on Hamilton. Alonso was good and he knew it, Hamilton was just a smarmy little bastard, and in recent years, he's been driving a car a child could win a championship in.

As much as I don't like Verstappen, he's definitely a better driver, in a car that's lacking a fair bit of power.

I was genuinely heart broken when I watched Massa win in the rain at Brazil in 2008, while Hamilton's fortuitous tyre change won him the championship by mere seconds, fanging it past Glock's stricken car, barely keeping on the tarmac. Was in genuine pain, because I couldn't really think of a better champion, and a more distasteful outcome.

It just made me happy that Button won in that amazing GP1 former Honda in 2009 while Hamilton languished mid-pack, while Rosberg easily out-drove him in a comparable car, while he bitched and moaned and complained like a spoilt baby. Vettel's 4 titles in a row for me is far better than Hamilton's recent dominance, because in Vettel's era, the Redbull wasn't the fastest.

2010 - he won it on the last track by winning the race, while Alonso and Webber had chances to clinch the title, making him the youngest ever winning. 2012 - If Alonso had won the final race, he would have won the championship, but this has to be one of the all-time drives to win a title, coming from last place to finish 6th with a banged up car on the first lap!

Last edited:
Biggest problem for me has been the turbo-hybrid era. It's basically become a complete s**t-show for the F1, because the more powerful engines have gone back to dominating, like it was before the aero days. There are more gains to be had with a turbo-hybrid set-up as far as power is concerned, than there are with with the NA engines.

Probably doesn't help that Ferrari were desperately in need to a Lauda type to tell them their car has been, and still is, a pile of s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back