Position 2019 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

More than double his average clearances for the year on the weekend. Talented top 10 draft pick, if he plays permanent mid there's absolutely no reason why he can't be a forward keeper and average ~100

Food for though anyway, but 100% disagree with you shutting it down

I think he would be a good choice due to his better fitness base allowing him to get to more contests and rack up more of the ball. For the last 2 seasons he was injured for much of the pre season, yet managed 21 and 22 games respectively, so he has a decent fitness base. This pre season was the first uninterrupted one that he’s had and it’s showing in his TOG. In only 6 of his 43 games over the previous 2 years did he have better than 79% TOG and in 5 games this year, he’s had at least 79% TOG in all of them and had the highest of his career so far last week.

Think the top 4 forwards are pretty safe if they stay healthy in Danger, Boak, Heeney and Kelly. Who do you think will be the other 2 players that jump into the top 6?

Think the top 4 forwards are pretty safe if they stay healthy in Danger, Boak, Heeney and Kelly. Who do you think will be the other 2 players that jump into the top 6?

Maybe not top 6 but worth look.

Daniel looks a soild choice.
Dunkley if gets more mid time can go BANG.

Maybe not top 6 but worth look.

Daniel looks a soild choice.
Dunkley if gets more mid time can go BANG.
Players i think that could be top 6 from now till end of the season are
- Dunkley if he gets more mid time
- Gunston if he plays forward
- Robbie Gray
- Daniel if he continues to take the kickouts and play down back
- Westhoff if Dixon was playing but think hes out for a while
Not sure I can go Walters and Billings purely because they have burnt me before but both have had great starts. Assume walters
plays more forward once Blakely is 100%

Players i think that could be top 6 from now till end of the season are
- Dunkley if he gets more mid time
- Gunston if he plays forward
- Robbie Gray
- Daniel if he continues to take the kickouts and play down back
- Westhoff if Dixon was playing but think hes out for a while
Not sure I can go Walters and Billings purely because they have burnt me before but both have had great starts. Assume walters
plays more forward once Blakely is 100%

Gunston if he plays defence

You like him down back? Feel like he just doesn’t get involved enough, maybe I’m putting too much into last weeks game against the cats

Last week he was all over the shop.

If clarko locks him into a permanent hbf role I'd bring him in asap

F6 still my weakest link after Drew's 60 last night. Need to upgrade there ASAP. He'll still have a low BE (~10 is my guess) with that 105 in his rotation, so 1 more week I reckon

Punchable is still an option for the masochists.( ie me)
100%

I need to see 3 games in a row. Even if he scores 3 x 100s, he'll only be like $410k, still a bargain for his potential. Highly doubt he'll go 3 x 100s anyway, reckon there's some more 70-90 scores in him before he finds his rhythm, so will be able to get him under $400k

If he plays round 6 (Swans), 7 (Saints) and 8 (Hawks), then I'll bring him in in round 9 for a run of Blues, Demons, Suns, Crows and Kangas. I'm getting wet just thinking about it!!! :D

Problem with this is Cats are 4-1 and he’s still only averaging 77... a 25 point drop in average is worrying. The young hands are taking a lot of his mid time.

He also scored surprisingly poorly @ home games last year.
Only 2 big games in the last 2 against *awful* opposition got his home average up to his overall.
(Cats with a lot of home games to come.)

Bringing in Jeremy Cameron this week. Averaging 103 this year with 3 tons and only 1 score under 85. Also seeing him play he is in career best form imo.
He has an incredibly arousing run up to his bye:
Saints, Hawks, Blues, Demons, Suns, Crows, Roos.
Can see him averaging ~120 up until his bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lunchy Smith under 400k soon is a bit tasty.
Wasn't there a rumour in the preseason that his knees were screwed but they couldn't get him in for surgery before season started or something along those lines.

I would need to see 3 games in a row of 80+ ToG% and 90+ scores before I even considered him

Wasn't there a rumour in the preseason that his knees were screwed but they couldn't get him in for surgery before season started or something along those lines.

I would need to see 3 games in a row of 80+ ToG% and 90+ scores before I even considered him
hadnt heard that one

Plenty of reduced fwd options, with current team state I’ll be dipping into a couple as well.
Just have to hope your lucky numbers come up in the midweek draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I remember that rumor posted on this forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back