Position 2019 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Wingard leaving Port and the effect on Gray's role, this is how I see it:
Wingard moved to the midfield second half of season, swapping places with Gray. (Partly cos Chad was in woeful form up fwd and was possibly sooking about wanting more mid time)
You could argue that Gray now moves back into the middle to replace Wingard.
But I would argue who then replaces Gray up fwd? Not Chad obviously. Connor Rozee? Big ask for a 1st year player and I think he'll be used on a wing as well where they need speed after Polec leaving.
Gray is needed fwd more imo.
Lycett/Ryder/Westhoff.

Dixon looks to be a stay at home full forward and i expect Westhoff to be the same with Ryder and Lycett alternating. There goes that extra forward spot. Burton one that could impact Gray depending on where he starts. JLT watch.

Lycett/Ryder/Westhoff.

Dixon looks to be a stay at home full forward and i expect Westhoff to be the same with Ryder and Lycett alternating. There goes that extra forward spot. Burton one that could impact Gray depending on where he starts. JLT watch.
For one they are tall fwds, Gray is a small fwd.
Also expect Westhoff to be playing wing and everywhere else including some fwd, but 3 permanent talls is unlikely.
Gray at the feet of Ryder/Lycett and Dixon will be a dangerous set up.

For one they are tall fwds, Gray is a small fwd.
Also expect Westhoff to be playing wing and everywhere else including some fwd, but 3 permanent talls is unlikely.
Gray at the feet of Ryder/Lycett and Dixon will be a dangerous set up.
Yeah except that's not how he was played. He was played out of the square. It's possible, but having tall weapons at their disposal I do think they will have a more traditional forward setup this year. If you look around at other teams in the comp currently who have tall assets they don't traditionally play a small out of the square. I think he still plays forward but i think 65-70% mid time this year. The JLT will be able to tell us more.

Bit more of an update here

Still worrying though to be training seperately on Jan 16th ......my concern is the lack of km's in the legs over the last 12 months + competitive work

He's going to be very rusty when & if he finally gets back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still worrying though to be training seperately on Jan 16th ......my concern is the lack of km's in the legs over the last 12 months + competitive work

He's going to be very rusty when & if he finally gets back

Absolutely, I’m not picking him at all even if he plays Rnd1.

It feels weird to have both Wingard and punchable in my team. This will either end really well or the campaigners will derail my season and ill be nothing short of hysterical.
Join the party :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back