Position 2019 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak, Darling, Kelly, Gray, Billings and Dev Smith. Who would you start, have Heeney and Danger like everyone else. Name another player if you think they're a better option too.
Dev Smith is a no. Showed nothing in the JLT. Hopefully drops in price and is an upgrade target
Darling is a no also for me. Don't trust KPF and don't trust Darling
Kelly is a good pick, will just good numbers every game. No for me, but good
Boak looks like a good pick. Good price, played mostly forward last season and still averaged 88.
Billings I like, despite how trash he was last year.

Soooo Boak or Kelly, Boak gets my tick
No love for Mitch?

If you're talking about Wallis I can't pick any Doggies fwds as it's a lottery who's going to get the required mid time. Dunkley would be a lock if guaranteed the same time he got back end of last year.
To add to this, Bevo could play McLean/Dunkley/Wallis almost full mid for a few weeks/months, suck everyone in then bang back to the fwd line. The only guys I trust will be full mid are Hunter, Macrae and Libba.

Thought this article was interesting on Walters: (after their intraclub match on Feb 22nd)
https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-02-22/sonny-showed-class-in-midfield-effort

Walters has been slated to step up in the midfield for the first half of this season with the likes of Connor Blakely on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.
The star Docker has split time between the forward line and midfield in recent seasons but spent most of the intraclub clash in the midfield

Sonny hasn’t spent a whole lot of time in the middle this summer, so it was good to get him in there,” Mundy said

So the initial plan was for Walters to play primarily forward this year. I reckon with Hogan and Lobb in the mix now, they wanted his class running around at their feet. With Blakely out for a while, Walters comes back into the midfield group.

Scored well from low ToG% in the JLT.

My question seemed to get bypassed. LOL!

Is Vandenberg a viable option at F4?

Is he best 22?

Scored well in JLT and looking for someone cheapish at F4.
Came back into the side last year, managed to stay in and played 7 games. He averaged 66.4
Even if that improves by 10 and he averages ~75, is that worth paying $283k for?

He had 16 tackles on the weekend, don't think that'll happen again. No for me

Anyone considering Jack Higgins?
Yes, currently have him at F3 (Greene F4). Reckon he's a good chance to break out this year, especially if Dimma plays him in the Mids more often.
Has probably been one of the hardest trainers for the Tiges over the summer.

72 ppg in his debut year is pretty solid and he plays a very SC friendly game (See his DT:SC in most games). Started the year as a small forward, but moved more into the Midfield after the byes and averaged 83 from then to the prelim. From memory (and help from FanFooty), he played in the mids against Sydney RD15, Crows RD16, Saints RD18, Pie RD19, Cats RD20, Dogs RD23, Hawks QF and Pies PF.

1552344672119.png
1552344223241.png

JLT average of 89, which is where I think his average will end up by the end of the year as he moves out of that small forward role and into more of a proper mid. Might still have a couple games where he is stuck in that forward line and gets a 50 or 60, but those should be balanced out by more consistent 80+ and 90+ games.

With little value in the Forward line he is a decent option and could be a nice POD. Others around that $300k-450k price mark that also could be considered are Greene, Billings, Worpel, Dahlhaus. IMO from that bunch, Higgins and Greene, followed by Billings are the best options to hit that 90+ average.

Came back into the side last year, managed to stay in and played 7 games. He averaged 66.4
Even if that improves by 10 and he averages ~75, is that worth paying $283k for?

He had 16 tackles on the weekend, don't think that'll happen again. No for me

Back to the drawing board for me then. Haha!

Cheers mate. :cool::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, currently have him at F3 (Greene F4). Reckon he's a good chance to break out this year, especially if Dimma plays him in the Mids more often.
Has probably been one of the hardest trainers for the Tiges over the summer.

72 ppg in his debut year is pretty solid and he plays a very SC friendly game (See his DT:SC in most games). Started the year as a small forward, but moved more into the Midfield after the byes and averaged 83 from then to the prelim. From memory (and help from FanFooty), he played in the mids against Sydney RD15, Crows RD16, Saints RD18, Pie RD19, Cats RD20, Dogs RD23, Hawks QF and Pies PF.

View attachment 633525
View attachment 633521

JLT average of 89, which is where I think his average will end up by the end of the year as he moves out of that small forward role and into more of a proper mid. Might still have a couple games where he is stuck in that forward line and gets a 50 or 60, but those should be balanced out by more consistent 80+ and 90+ games.

With little value in the Forward line he is a decent option and could be a nice POD. Others around that $300k-450k price mark that also could be considered are Greene, Billings, Worpel, Dahlhaus. IMO from that bunch, Higgins and Greene, followed by Billings are the best options to hit that 90+ average.

Good analysis, just hard when a pick is based on their role and judging on last year it is very up and down. I read on Twitter that he only had CBAs in the last quarter, if he was apart of the mid plans would he play there all game? Just a thought.

Also how about Vardy at 300k, as R/F cover? Very tempting, but not sure if he will be solo ruck or not as the two rucks seemed to work for WCE last year.

Good analysis, just hard when a pick is based on their role and judging on last year it is very up and down. I read on Twitter that he only had CBAs in the last quarter, if he was apart of the mid plans would he play there all game? Just a thought.

Also how about Vardy at 300k, as R/F cover? Very tempting, but not sure if he will be solo ruck or not as the two rucks seemed to work for WCE last year.
Yeah Higgins only had 4 CBA's in Hawks game, all in the last quarter. Also had 4 in the Demons game. Watching the games though he mainly started on the Wing or on a Flank and came into the middle after the bounce. Still scored really well when he was in the Center.

Anyone considering Jack Higgins?

I've got him in draft and kinda wanna pick him in regular but he just doesn't really fit.

Reckon it's the last time he'll be able to be picked as a forward in SC, he had already transitioned into a midfielder by the end of last year. Lack of DPP is a shame.

Also don't like picking 2nd year players hoping they'll be keepers, they rarely come off.
Might jump on if one of my fwds is a bust and Higgins gets off to a flyer.

My question seemed to get bypassed. LOL!

Is Vandenberg a viable option at F4?

Is he best 22?

Scored well in JLT and looking for someone cheapish at F4.

It would be a no from me.. A number of other options who are certain best 22 available at a similar price to AVB.

Hickey will be no. 1 ruck. Vardy is a better fwd. They'll have 2 rucks, if it ain't broke.....

Got Dunkley at F4 atm but really want Spudegola, who I'm 800 big ones short of. Who are the next best options up forward? Already got Danger, Heendog and Mundy.

Got Dunkley at F4 atm but really want Spudegola, who I'm 800 big ones short of. Who are the next best options up forward? Already got Danger, Heendog and Mundy.

Ive made my thoughts clear on Robbie Gray. I like him as someone who should end up one of the top 6 forwards.

Port have a ton of mids and sweet **** all forwards. Would bet money that he's gonna play fwd 50 and score like s**t

Who are these mids that everyone continues to throw up? I don't see it.

Ebert is set to play more forward, Boak played forward last year, Wines is under done, they are set to blood 4 debutantes, Hartlett is still missing, SPP is an inside bull so not competing for Robbies spot.

Who are these mids that everyone continues to throw up? I don't see it.

Ebert is set to play more forward, Boak played forward last year, Wines is under done, they are set to blood 4 debutantes, Hartlett is still missing, SPP is an inside bull so not competing for Robbies spot.
Reckon it comes down to Sexy being an elite forward. Port have no one as dynamic as him. Boak's s**t as a forward, he'll be thrown back into the mids. Ebert playing forward is a myth, he'll be in the guts, maybe rotating between the middle and HF. SPP takes up another spot. Butters will spread :moustache: from the middle. Likewise for Burnliff. As a forward, Robbie is the pick of the bunch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back