Position 2019 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Reckon it comes down to Sexy being an elite forward. Port have no one as dynamic as him. Boak's s**t as a forward, he'll be thrown back into the mids. Ebert playing forward is a myth, he'll be in the guts, maybe rotating between the middle and HF. SPP takes up another spot. Butters will spread :moustache: from the middle. Likewise for Burnliff. As a forward, Robbie is the pick of the bunch.

Ebert has played predominantly forward.
Boak will return as a midfield rotation.
SPP isn't competing for Robbies role in the midfield.
Rockliff will rotate with SPP/Ebert.
Butters is a first year player

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I think we all need to ask two questions in regards to Robbie Gray;

1) is he going to end up a top 6 - 10 forward?

With the new 6 - 6 - 6 rules, he will be more valuable than ever before and should continue on his merry way as a premiu forward.

2) will his time split between the middle and forward upset his capabilities of scoring 100+?

I don't see it hurting him as much as others. I see him continuing on his merry way of averaging 95+. Happy enough with that from my F3.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Here2tellyouwhy can you shed any light on the ruck situation out West?
Hickey will start our number one ruck with Vardy coming off the bench and should play slightly more forward then Hickey.
When JK or Darling are on the bench the resting ruck will go forward, that will be Vardy.

Nic is due back round 8-10 but I reckon we will hold him back until after the bye. What we do after that is anyone's guess. Hickey could be in trouble as Vardy is the better forward.

Braydz

Rookie
Apr 11, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Why no love for Tim Kelly? was a gun last year in the mids and with Ablett playing more forward surely his mid time goes up?

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Why no love for Tim Kelly? was a gun last year in the mids and with Ablett playing more forward surely his mid time goes up?

There is this bloke Called Dangerfield, may have heard of him? Virtually the same player as Tim Kelly, just a better version. Most people feel we can only carry one in our teams to start (considering the byes)

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

Yep i've got him. I'm fully expecting the 'heartbreak' story of the season to be the realisation that Tim Kelly is worth far more to the Cats than Ablett and watching Gaz's career run out of puff stuck in the forward pocket. Danger, Selwood, Duncan and Kelly are surely their first string midfield. Joel was even doing some work off half back in the JLT wasn't he?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

With the new 6 - 6 - 6 rules, he will be more valuable than ever before and should continue on his merry way as a premiu forward.

2) will his time split between the middle and forward upset his capabilities of scoring 100+?

I don't see it hurting him as much as others. I see him continuing on his merry way of averaging 95+. Happy enough with that from my F3.
Can you see Gray and Rocky interchanging between midfield and forward 50 ......this is the sense I get

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Yep i've got him. I'm fully expecting the 'heartbreak' story of the season to be the realisation that Tim Kelly is worth far more to the Cats than Ablett and watching Gaz's career run out of puff stuck in the forward pocket. Danger, Selwood, Duncan and Kelly are surely their first string midfield. Joel was even doing some work off half back in the JLT wasn't he?

That’s okay we’ve got 2019 Brownlow Medallist in Jordan Clark :devil:

Nah Jelwood played a little bit off half back last season, but this JLT he’s been playing on the Wing which I didn’t expect him to play as well as he did but now I see it works so well for him. It allows others that centre bounce midfield time (Kelly, Parfitt, Narkle, Constable) but still keeps Jelwood close enough in the middle to rack up the ball, possibly less chance of being tagged as he’s not right in the centre (we’ll see), still being able to lead & help structure the team running up and down the wing, plus might keep him around a bit longer on-field with a bit less crash & bash for him to do.

Would love Jelwood in my side but can’t fit him.

CrozaN

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That’s okay we’ve got 2019 Brownlow Medallist in Jordan Clark :devil:

Nah Jelwood played a little bit off half back last season, but this JLT he’s been playing on the Wing which I didn’t expect him to play as well as he did but now I see it works so well for him. It allows others that centre bounce midfield time (Kelly, Parfitt, Narkle, Constable) but still keeps Jelwood close enough in the middle to rack up the ball, possibly less chance of being tagged as he’s not right in the centre (we’ll see), still being able to lead & help structure the team running up and down the wing, plus might keep him around a bit longer on-field with a bit less crash & bash for him to do.

Would love Jelwood in my side but can’t fit him.

JLT1 he played wing, mostly.....didn't see JLT2 but did he do same position?

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
JLT1 he played wing, mostly.....didn't see JLT2 but did he do same position?

Very similar time on the wing from what I remember. Usually starting there on centre bounces, then around regular stoppages still being around the ball, possibly a bit more on the outside (shown by 27 uncontested possessions, 11 marks with 10 of those marks being uncontested, 5 inside 50s and 3 rebound 50s showing his hard work up and down the ground).

Could be the best POD of 2019.

CrozaN

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very similar time on the wing from what I remember. Usually starting there on centre bounces, then around regular stoppages still being around the ball, possibly a bit more on the outside (shown by 27 uncontested possessions, 11 marks with 10 of those marks being uncontested, 5 inside 50s and 3 rebound 50s showing his hard work up and down the ground).

Could be the best POD of 2019.

The wing move has me very interested. I remember JLT1, he was wing and commentators were saying he was basically coaching along the wing, but the role makes me very interested.....JLT2 11 marks, that's not something he normally does, he could rack it up there with stints in the middle with the new 6/6/6 rule...hmmmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
The wing move has me very interested. I remember JLT1, he was wing and commentators were saying he was basically coaching along the wing, but the role makes me very interested.....JLT2 11 marks, that's not something he normally does, he could rack it up there with stints in the middle with the new 6/6/6 rule...hmmmmm

Exactly right, sort of like a Luke Hodge type on-field coaching role but a bit further up the ground.

Going over his stats from JLT2 they were very different to his regular stats from previous seasons considering the amount of uncontested possessions, uncontested marks, rebound 50s especially.

If I picked Jelwood it would have to be instead of Angus Brayshaw.

CrozaN

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Exactly right, sort of like a Luke Hodge type on-field coaching role but a bit further up the ground.

Going over his stats from JLT2 they were very different to his regular stats from previous seasons considering the amount of uncontested possessions, uncontested marks, rebound 50s especially.

If I picked Jelwood it would have to be instead of Angus Brayshaw.

We in forward thread how did this even get brought up LOL

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Dont think ive seen Dahlhaus in a single team yet, why the no love? only 26 and returned home to geelong. 118 in JLT2 suggests he can still pump out a big score, could get back up to 90+ av after an off year?

True, I just feel like he’ll be quite up & down as some games we might want/need him closer to goal for longer periods. That’s the mean reason I’m not considering him.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Dont think ive seen Dahlhaus in a single team yet, why the no love? only 26 and returned home to geelong. 118 in JLT2 suggests he can still pump out a big score, could get back up to 90+ av after an off year?

For me it's just a matter of Geelong having too many point scorers.
His MAX would be 90, which is fine, but I'd like to find someone who could go higher.

Last year Geelong had 7 players avg. above 90, which is very high, most teams are around 5.

So either one or two of Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Duncan, Kelly, Menegola and/or Hawkins have to dip a fair bit, or Dahl becomes an 8th player to avg. 90 in the same team, which is fairly rare.

kane22

Team Captain
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thought this article was interesting on Walters: (after their intraclub match on Feb 22nd)
https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-02-22/sonny-showed-class-in-midfield-effort

So the initial plan was for Walters to play primarily forward this year. I reckon with Hogan and Lobb in the mix now, they wanted his class running around at their feet. With Blakely out for a while, Walters comes back into the midfield group.

Scored well from low ToG% in the JLT.
Oh please don't do this to me, I have changed my f4 way too many times and now Walters sounds like he could be the guy.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Will he stay healthy is usually a pretty important question for him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back