NFL 2019 Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

So, a good year to need a pass rusher or a safety in FA, but not much else?
The safety market will be interesting to watch, especially after last year.

I'd love the Packers to get one of the top FA pass rushers, then get a top pass rusher with pick 14 in the draft.

Daryl Williams #27 after being an All Pro RT last season and still only 26yo ? I can only hope the free agent market disrespects him that much but doubt it will, if its not us someone will give him a s**t tone of money.

Earl Thomas is obviously at #5 off reputation alone... 30yo coming off numerous injury plagued seasons, there's a reason Seattle didn't pay him. Some team will though, and whoever that is will have a hefty dead cap hit in two years time.

The Mojave/Long Reef/California/Sunset Strip Riders welcome this news....

------------

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms "multiple teams" are interested in signing free agent RB Kareem Hunt.

This echoes a similar report filed by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Hunt is facing a lengthy suspension for multiple off-field discretions, most notably a physical altercation with a woman outside his Cleveland hotel last February. His punishment should be decided before free agency opens in March and according to Schefter, the 23-year-old shouldn't struggle for interest on the open market. Bears coach Matt Nagy has already said he'd be open to reuniting with Hunt, who he coached while serving as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator in 2017. The league's leading rusher last season, Hunt has undergone daily anger management counseling since late November and teams have reportedly been pleased by the progress he's made. Schefter was told by one league source that Hunt will return to the NFL "sooner rather than later," though he'll need to be reinstated from the commissioner's exempt list before that can happen.

Source: ESPN.com

I'd love the Packers to get one of the top FA pass rushers, then get a top pass rusher with pick 14 in the draft.

I'd like Ford, but not for the money he'd ask for and the probability he'll get tagged and It'll cost two first rounders if he does. (Though I say that without knowing the $$ value for OLB)

Za'Darrius Smith is the one I've circled, but he'll probably get a ridiculous offer from some s**t-truck team that he can't refuse...

Pending FA list is dominated by defensive players, some of them real potential marquee pick ups.

Will do more than a little on how the draft ultimately plays out with that also being touted as a defense heavy draft,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I've got players calling me up all the time wanting to be Rrrrrrrrrraiders".

Yeah sure Jon. They want out more than in. Under you and Mark. Also the way Cooper/Mack were dealt is going to hurt Jon's FA acquisition chances more and more. Players talk and see and know, also the way Gruden hassles Carr. And there are probably stories about Gruden's dumb coaching going around too.

Sheil Kapadia of The Athletic believes the Eagles are "bluffing" and will not assign the franchise tag to Nick Foles unless they already have a trade partner in place.

The Eagles have made clear that Carson Wentz is their starter, so it wouldn't make much sense to assign Foles the franchise tag, which would net him close to $25 million. No team in their right mind would pay that amount for a backup quarterback. The Eagles are clearly posturing to drum up trade interest, though Kapadia suspects the odds of Foles being dealt are still "pretty slim." In all likelihood, the reigning Super Bowl MVP will hit the open market.

Source: The Athletic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back