NFL 2019 Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Colts signed EDGE Justin Houston, formerly of the Chiefs, to a two-year, $24 million contract.
The Colts easily had the most cap space available, and they are using some of it to fill one of their top offseason needs. Houston has struggled a bit with injuries in recent years, but he recorded nine sacks in 719 snaps last year and has 18.5 over the last two years. Even if just in a rotational role, Houston should be a big upgrade to Indy's pass rush.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 22, 2019, 6:57 AM

Yes GG.exe I concur .

I get your point and agree, the key factor and watch point is a balanced list.

Easy to be swayed and enamoured by a particular star studded section of a roster be that O , D or sometimes ST, its the ability to make a mark in all three phases of the game that makes a team a tricky opponent.

I always look at the philosophical & chemical balance between the appointed HC : his OC and DC.

Often you look at the fit and say WTF ... how is that going to work...cant see a synergy there.

And sometimes its the no name, low profile guys, in the coaching group that just works as a collective ,as they are in synch.

Whilst I have a personal preference for a slightly stronger D , they need a better than average O to get it done.
D restricts scores but you need a competent O to take advantage of that and puts enough point up there to win.

I am going to piss LicoriceAllsorts off here but his saviour Elway "just doesn't get this" as the Donkeys D has been amazing over the last seven years..... yet with out Payton they haven't fired a shot.
And Manning help hide a lot of O line cracks.
Quite ironic that Elway an elite QB cant identify or draft one for s**t.

No question its a balanced list and an equally in tuned coaching group thats always the point of difference.

But hey isn't that one of the quirk and nuances of team sports... whats that saying " A championship team will always beat a team of champions" it may be and old saying but its just as apt and relevant today as it ever was.
I completely agree. I never understood why Elway didn't just sign the best QB (Rodgers) after Manning retired. Made no sense to me. Like dude. Just fckn sign Rodgers already

Colts signed EDGE Justin Houston, formerly of the Chiefs, to a two-year, $24 million contract.
The Colts easily had the most cap space available, and they are using some of it to fill one of their top offseason needs. Houston has struggled a bit with injuries in recent years, but he recorded nine sacks in 719 snaps last year and has 18.5 over the last two years. Even if just in a rotational role, Houston should be a big upgrade to Indy's pass rush.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 22, 2019, 6:57 AM

Love it Ballard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gruden loved Mike Glennon in his QB Camp show.
If Manziel was available, he'd sign him up too.
Gruden loved Peterman in the pre-draft process, and despite all his woes at the Bills, signed him because he liked him.
Gruden will think he can perhaps get the most out of those he liked, because he has to be right, he would say to himself, about his initial evaluations.

You realize the football gods are setting it all up so that I end up looking like a genius?

I've been tooting Glennon's horn for years, and hating on Carr. Saying the Raiders should trade Carr and sign Glennon.

And now, Gruden has listened to GG (one half of that anyway), and there might come a time this season when Carr is injured or playing poorly, and Glennon steps in and takes over the team. Or Carr gets traded for a 1st, so they can draft more necessary D players, and Glennon becomes the starter.

So there'll come a time in 2019 when Glennon outperforms Carr, or, Glennon is the new starting QB, and everyone in the entire world will have to eat crow and say, "I'm sorry for ever doubting and deriding you, GG, you were truly right all along, a genius in fact, and actually should be a GM in the NFL."

Glennon was horrible in Arizona and Chicago, but he was very good in Tampa as a rookie. They just sacked the HC who just drafted him, and the new HC bought in on Winston. That set Glennon down a path from being the focus of development, to being rejected, which is not nice, quite harmful.

Glennon could also not even make it out of camp and all my dreams of internet glory could go up in smoke.

Fate can be a cruel mistress. It setting me up just to do that is also possible :'( but I have :praying:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back