List Mgmt. 2019 Fremantle F.C. Player Numbers (Update: Numbers Issued!)

Does jumper #29 come out of retirement for 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go again. With the delistings of Tom Sheridan, Cam Sutcliffe, Luke Strnadica and Brady Grey we are getting closer to knowing the makeup of the Fremantle squad leading into the draft. (EDIT: Michael Apeness has now also retired)

So far we know the following jumper numbers becoming available due to departures or vacancies:
  • #6 (D. Pearce)
  • #11 (T. Sheridan)
  • #27 (L. Neale)
  • #28 (B. Grey)
  • #29 (on hiatus)
  • #33 (C. Sutcliffe)
  • #34 (L. Spurr)
  • #35 (M. Apeness)
  • #37 (M. Johnson)
  • #45 (L. Strnadica)
Unless we unexpectedly take an interest in a Category B rookie, we'll be rolling with a 44 player squad in 2018, so that means that we'll need to allocate 9 of the above numbers to new players. However, we already have four new arrivals from the trade period, and Peter Bell has suggested that we'll be taking four players in the draft...so one could surmise that another number could be getting freed up shortly...Nads (EDIT: confirmed)? (EDIT2: we will now be taking five players in the draft due to Apeness retiring)

There is also the perennial question as to whether #29 comes out of retirement. Last season 57% of you said that it should stay retired for at least another season. Are we nearing the time to bring it back in though?

Obviously there's the chance that a few players will reshuffle numbers this season: particularly ones like Bailey Banfield (#41) and Ryan Nyhuis (#43) who have high numbers but are starting to get regular games.

Current players needing a number:
  • Reece Conca (gets #6)
  • Jesse Hogan (gets #11)
  • Rory Lobb (gets #37)
  • Travis Colyer (gets #33)
  • Sam Sturt (gets #27)
  • Luke Valente (gets #29)
  • Lachlan Schultz (gets #28)
  • Brett Bewley (gets #34)
  • Tobe Watson (gets #35)
  • Jason Carter (gets #45)
1 Hayden Ballantyne
2 Griffin Logue
3 Brandon Matera
4 Sean Darcy
5 Adam Cerra
6 Reece Conca
7 Nat Fyfe
8 Andrew Brayshaw
9 Bradley Hill
10 Michael Walters
11 Jesse Hogan
12 Mitch Crowden
13 Harley Bennell
14 Nathan Wilson
15 Ethan Hughes
16 David Mundy
17 Hugh Dixon
18 Darcy Tucker
19 Connor Blakely
20 Matt Taberner
21 Joel Hamling
22 Shane Kersten
23 Cam McCarthy
24 Tom North
25 Alex Pearce
26 Ed Langdon
27 Stuart Sturt
28 Lachlan Schultz
29 Luke Valente
30 Lloyd Meek
31 Aaron Sandilands
32 Stephen Hill
33 Travis Colyer
34 Brett Bewley
35 Tobe Watson
36 Brennan Cox
37 Rory Lobb
38 Luke Ryan
39 Sam Switkowski
40 Scott Jones
41 Bailey Banfield
42 Stefan Giro
43 Ryan Nyhuis
44 Taylin Duman
45 Jason Carter

Last edited:
Obviously there's the chance that a few players will reshuffle numbers this season: particularly ones like Bailey Banfield (#41) and Ryan Nyhuis (#43) who have high numbers but are starting to get regular games.
Cox and Ryan could well change numbers as well, relatively high numbers

Hogan for 46, then gets 1 after Ballas is moved on at the end of 2019.
Luke Ryan >> 6
Draft pick 14 >> 11
Conca >> 27
Colyer >> 28
Leave 29
Draft pick 31 >> 33
Draft pick 43 >> 34
Lobb >> 37
Draft pick 65 >> 47 (or 45 if Nads goes)

[If Hogan does prove to be the Messiah, then he can have 29 in 2020.]

Cox and Ryan could well change numbers as well, relatively high numbers

They are thick as thieves those two. They are 36/38 at the moment so pretty much next to each other, i could see one taking 37 but otherwise i think they'll stay as is.

If one of our indigenous lads wants 37 i would prefer we go that direction before giving it to Lobb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wore 11 at Gold Coast and asked Rixx when he came to Freo if he could have 11 but he said no.

Nah, not quite. He was given #4 when he got here, then when Tendai was delisted he grabbed #13 as that was a number that he had worn in juniors, and he and bis brothers wore as a lucky number.

Harley Bennell is also set to change numbers from four to 13.

“It’s a lucky number in my family,” Bennell said. “Me and all of my brothers wore it in their junior footy days, so it’s good to be able to pull that number on again in Freo colours.”
https://thewest.com.au/sport/fremantle-dockers/jumper-numbers-changing-at-the-dockers-ng-ya-123752

I remember when Matty de Boer had #40, he said he was happy with it, and wouldn't be looking to change - he was going to make it his own. Nek minnut... it's a new season and he's wearing #9.

I kind of recall Sonny wanting #11 and him asking for it but was turned down. I’m thinking it was Des.

Back