2019 - * the byes!

Remove this Banner Ad

[IMG='width:258px;']https://dw8stlw9qt0iz.cloudfront.net/8helUHVPvP20LeKbM_SlMzQnfMw=/2000x2000/filters:format(jpeg):quality(75)/curiosity-data.s3.amazonaws.com/images/content/thumbnail/standard/0cea5417-e0f8-405c-f3f1-08216346cbe7.png[/IMG]

Nothing to worry about. 3 trades a week, only 18 players needed, as long as you make good rookie decisions up until the byes, you'll be fine

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Kadog owns this thread...

ganstas.gif

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Round 12 byes

Ess, Freo, Haw, Port, St.K, Wbd

Duursma
Fyfe, Libba
Sweet
Marshall, Worpel, Drew, Parker

Round 13 byes

Bri, Coll, Gee, Mel, Syd, WCE

Lloyd, Moore, Clark, Hore, Lockhart
Neale, Brayshaw, Constable
Grundy, Gawn
Danger, Kelly

Round 14 byes

Ade, Car, GC, GWS, Nor, Tig

Whitfield, Smith
Cripps, Crouch, Walsh, Setters, Stack, Ross
Fisher, Nutting

So that is 8/12/10

I'll be looking to get rid of some of the rookies i have with a round 12 bye given im looking at only fielding 16 players maximum (As Sweet & Nutting wont play). I might look at keeping Stack &/or Ross if they look like getting games over the byes. Overall i feel like i don't have the best structure for the byes at the moment but so much can and will change so with a little consideration ill hopefully get through them relatively unscathed.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Round 12 byes

Ess, Freo, Haw, Port, St.K, Wbd

Duursma
Fyfe, Libba
Sweet
Marshall, Worpel, Drew, Parker

Round 13 byes

Bri, Coll, Gee, Mel, Syd, WCE

Lloyd, Moore, Clark, Hore, Lockhart
Neale, Brayshaw, Constable
Grundy, Gawn
Danger, Kelly

Round 14 byes

Ade, Car, GC, GWS, Nor, Tig

Whitfield, Smith
Cripps, Crouch, Walsh, Setters, Stack, Ross
Fisher, Nutting

So that is 8/12/10

I'll be looking to get rid of some of the rookies i have with a round 12 bye given im looking at only fielding 16 players maximum (As Sweet & Nutting wont play). I might look at keeping Stack &/or Ross if they look like getting games over the byes. Overall i feel like i don't have the best structure for the byes at the moment but so much can and will change so with a little consideration ill hopefully get through them relatively unscathed.

To add to this, i think i'll make the likes of Sicily, Macrae and Boak as the highest priority upgrade targets given they have that round 12 bye. I was looking at Macrae and Boak regardless of their bye rounds anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
My thoughts on the byes

DEF: pretty balanced actually, most balanced line I'd say, it favours R13-14 byes, but I feel it's best to have late byes rather than early byes as we can trade our way out of trouble/hold rookies/midpricers with late byes

R12: Sicily, Ryan, Duursma, Rozee and Scrimshaw, maybe Saad at a pinch. I think Sicily is worth bringing in early based on this, if not then straight after his bye, will be needed in R13-14

R13: Stewart, Clark, Rich, Witherden, Hurn, Sheppard, Rotham, Lloyd, Hore, Lockhart, Salem, Crisp, probably target Stewart and Hurn later on, probably after their bye, good for rookies and PODs this week

R14: Whitfield, Newman, Laird, Smith, Houli, Williams, Simmo (Lel), Hanley, probably most premium/subpremium options this week, but not as many rookies, only really Burgess and Collins

Forwards and rucks, lel basically all R12 + 13. O'Brien, Setterfield, Baker and Burgess are R14 rookies but there's bugger all premos that week, maybe PODs in Jack Martin or Jeremy Cameron? Goldy and Nank are miles behind Grawndy.

Mids are a mixed bag but feel it leans towards Rounds 12 + 14. Macrae, Fyfe, Libba, Bont, Rocky, Zerrett, Steele for R12, Walsh, Cripps, Sloane, Mrouch, Brouch, Jelly, Cogs, Taranto, Cunnington for R14. No real big dogs in R13 as yet aside from Neale and Treloar. Constable could still be in our sides for the first bye round but would imagine we upgrade him on his bye. Oliver and Brayshaw are just run of the mill 100-105 types, not worthy of a priority trade in as an owner of both, JPK and Gaff could be solid I guess though. Some might still have Sheed though too.

Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should just have a week off competition wide, would make life so much easier for us Supercoaches. **** the AFL, **** channel 7 and Foxtel. Think of us.
I love the byes.
9 trades in 3 weeks.
Shoot up the rankings and leave all the little chol bois behind.
* the byes indeed. :moustache:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Moore > Sicily round 13

Menegola could be a good cheapie for round 14 depending on how he goes next month or so.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Nothing to worry about. 3 trades a week, only 18 players needed, as long as you make good rookie decisions up until the byes, you'll be fine
so much this.
in past years i've attempted to plan for the byes and all it does is mess up my already poor selections even more for very little benefit.

i guess i'll start to pay attention maybe 2 weeks out but until then * 'em

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I don't plan too much for the byes, you're better off just picking the best possible players and then just trade during the byes if you're short of players.

So much changes from week to week that even if you pick players now with the byes in mind it can all turn to s**t anyway by the time the byes arrive.

I got screwed by over thinking the byes last year.
No use picking up a player to make a full 18 if he only get 40s.
May go short one week to get the other two weeks right

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I got screwed by over thinking the byes last year.
No use picking up a player to make a full 18 if he only get 40s.
May go short one week to get the other two weeks right
There is definitely a healthy balance that you need to achieve. This far out from the byes i reckon the only time that you should be thinking about them is when you are 50/50 on who to bring in or trade out. Use the byes as a tie-breaker in that case but other than that they probably arent worth thinking about yet. Later, it may be beneficial to target certain players to help bye structure but even then the byes should not be the main consideration. Personally ive added some players to my watchlist that have a favourable bye round but im only going to target them if i thought they'd make my team regardless of their bye. For me, that is players like Macrae/Boak/Sicily who i wanted in my team anyway, the fact they have a favourable bye is just icing on the cake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back