Preview 2019 Game Previews

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know about you, but when I go to the cinema I make sure that I get there early. I get my choc top, find my seat, navigate my way through whatever madness Val Morgan tries to show me. Thanks Val, but I’m not interested. Then the previews begin…

Man, I love the film previews! They entice. They thrill. They get you ready for the cinema experience. And if the film’s no good then the two-minute summary saves you wasting a couple of hours where you could be online discussing your favourite footy team’s chances in their next game. Which is a great segue into the reason for this thread: Game Previews.

In 2017 & 2018 we as a group have provided some champagne previewing, including such efforts as "Derby Preview Melt", “The Kersten Cup” and “The Magpie”. And to keep the tradition going I’m officially calling for nominations for people to provide us with previews of Fremantle games for the 2019 season. The criteria (known henceforth as The Four Commandments) as decreed by Righteo during his time as Preview Convener is as follows:
  • Use this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early;
  • There is no criteria to sign up apart from being a Freo board poster, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me, or one of the friendly mods (Allikat Tayl0r ) know and they will probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement. I'll take the bulk of the responsibility for this venture so hassle me before the others if possible;
  • Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either;
  • This isn't IS might be is DEFINITELY a competition, so previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet) will receive a shiny badge. Gotta incentivise it somehow and there's no incentive quite like a barely visible badge under your username. Hit up previous winner Arcassius to check it out.

The fixture according to my novelty-sized membership fridge magnet is:

Round 1 vs North Melbourne @ home cardamon

Round 2 vs Gold Coast @ away Yeti

Round 3 vs St Kilda @ home dockerfemme

Round 4 vs WCE @ away tonygeeks

Round 5 vs GWS @ away BeinPurplenGreen

Round 6 vs Western Bulldogs @ home Unique Name

Round 7 vs Adelaide @ away theGav56

Round 8 vs Richmond @ home dockshark

Round 9 vs Essendon @ away Allikat

Round 10 vs Brisbane @ home Tonga Bob

Round 11 vs Collingwood @ away TheInjuryFactory

Round 12 BYE im_a_lazy_sod

Round 13 vs Port Adelaide @ home go_the_dockers

Round 14 vs Melbourne @ away vidwhal

Round 15 vs Carlton @ home kingswood71

Round 16 vs WCE @ home cardamon

Round 17 vs Hawthorn @ away stax on the mull

Round 18 vs Sydney @ home XXRL

Round 19 vs Western Bulldogs @ away yyou

Round 20 vs Geelong @ home Square Peg

Round 21 vs St Kilda @ away Righteo

Round 22 vs Essendon @ home BeinPurplenGreen

Round 23 vs Port Adelaide @ away Wally Walpamur

Best of luck, and have fun!

Last edited:

Round 20, ******* Geelong, I hope someone flattens Selwood. See, this stuff writes itself

Bombers - Rd 22

*Is it ok to write it now ?

Bye Bye Rosco , thanks for the mamaries

Never liked you much myself even when we were winning , it Defo made me look silly in the first few years but I stuck fat to my convictions and I always knew deep down it was a matter of time till you ' Saintered ' us

Please don't go into the media after this ..... your pressers were bad enough

You did a decent job with the rebuild WAY better than I thought you would but I suppose you had to give us something considering you were one of the highest paid coaches in the game

You have undoubtedly had a profound influence on the game , without you I seriously doubt we would have AFL-X and the obligatory 14 rule changes per year since you decided to go all anti-football on the games ass

I expect the boys to dig in this week as a show of respect

Bombers by 57 pts

*Calm down I'm just messing around , game previews are optimist territory !!! So I'll leave the RD 22 preview " Back where we belong TOP 5 PICK BABY " to someone more suited to the task

Couple of minor tweaks and that's Rd 22 sorted

Knew this would come in handy

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port - Rd 23

*Is it ok to write it now ?

Bye Bye Rosco , thanks for the mamaries

Never liked you much myself even when we were winning , it Defo made me look silly in the first few years but I stuck fat to my convictions and I always knew deep down it was a matter of time till you ' Saintered ' us

Please don't go into the media after this ..... your pressers were bad enough

You did a decent job with the rebuild WAY better than I thought you would but I suppose you had to give us something considering you were one of the highest paid coaches in the game

You have undoubtedly had a profound influence on the game , without you I seriously doubt we would have AFL-X and the obligatory 14 rule changes per year since you decided to go all anti-football on the games ass

I expect the boys to dig in this week as a show of respect

Port by 57 pts

*Calm down I'm just messing around , game previews are optimist territory !!! So I'll leave the RD 23 preview " Back where we belong FINALS TIME BABY " to someone more suited to the task

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
ok so it's early and I haven't had my first cup of thinking juice yet but if you do want round 23 then please shout out otherwise I'll consider this a pre-preview

This is DEFINITELY a competition btw. Thanks for putting this together Tonga Bob . I'll take round 9
then I've DEFINITELY fixed the OP for you! and you've got round 9

running this back up the flagpole to see if anyone else salutes. we have 9 games remaining, shout out if you want a shot at literary glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back