Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was such a great player, he had it all.

Brave too.

I remember him playing through injury and willing the Swans over the line against the Hawks on one leg in the Granny. I remember thinking at the time only the very, very best could do what he did that day.

I reckon he got lost up in Sydney, you don't win 2 brownlows easily.

Fair old choke there by Adelaide

Yes, but the Bombers looked pretty good. Fast ball movement and very good games from quite a few players.

Usually sat morn is mehhh at work, extra day, cant be stuffed once u get here etc..

Unless..
The crows kick 3 goal 5 after half time blowing a 30 point lead to the injectors at home after being all cockahoot all week about playing finals and how ****ed port are.
Wonder if the two blokes about to walk in the door got the early train home laat night

Bahahahahahahahahahahah

Sad to see Essendon being very competitive after their drug saga years, yet we have been flopping along for a few years now. I hope whoever is new coach can bring some life back to playing group.
Sad that the drugs scandal gave them a big leg up. Got the number one draft pick and no doubt they used the settlements to some of their best players to pay them outside the salary cap to give them more space to bring in the Shiel's, Stringers, Smiths of the world.

Sad that the drugs scandal gave them a big leg up. Got the number one draft pick and no doubt they used the settlements to some of their best players to pay them outside the salary cap to give them more space to bring in the Shiel's, Stringers, Smiths of the world.

This the one thing that still really grinds my gears...
Yes, they were punished by missing out on finals, but to get a wooden spoon due to the suspension of their players and then still get pick #1 when all their players were returning was an absolutely ludicrous outcome.

The players were punished with a year out, the club who was ultimately responsible for cheating and shocking governance, was slapped over the hand with a wet lettuce leaf.

It still defies belief after all these years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, they came out of it with every benefit the AFL could find them. Guys like Mitch Brown they got to keep from top up lists. The AFL gave them prime matches to help financially too.

I hope the have nothing but heart ache fo years. If they win a flag before us I will hate them more than any side in history.

Yep, they came out of it with every benefit the AFL could find them. Guys like Mitch Brown they got to keep from top up lists. The AFL gave them prime matches to help financially too.

I hope the have nothing but heart ache fo years. If they win a flag before us I will hate them more than any side in history.
My least-liked opposition club

They’re up & about the last few weeks. Next on the agenda is to extend Woosha by another three years & get smashed by 100 in the elimination final.

So p1ssed that they won last night.

One consoling thing is that they still haven't won a final in 15 years.

An amazing stat when you think about it.

They’re up & about the last few weeks. Next on the agenda is to extend Woosha by another three years & get smashed by 100 in the elimination final.
Spot on! Can see this def happening!

Make no mistake they are still pretenders! They just happen to be a bit better than some of the other pretenders!

Still concur with other comments about how galling it is to see those filthy cheating scumbags doing as well
As they are at the minute courtesy of some disgraceful leg ups by their sugar daddy the AFL!

If anybody really believes this is an equalised competition they are kidding themselves!
With the way the AFL continuously turn a blind eye to the bigger and wealthier clubs shenanigans over the years is despicable. It's not
Likely to change either! Essendon as a club have always made me sick. Ever since i can ever remember they have been the
Biggest flaunters of any supposed uniformed laws in place within the game, whether it be by salary cap cheating, favourable treatment
By headquarters...Umpiring bias or just plain Steroid taking scandals they have never been held to account!

And to top it off, they have the most brainless bogan dumbarse supporters who actually have the nerve to be constantly
Sooking about how hard they get it!
F#ck i despise them..... I will forever fart in their general direction!

Spot on! Can see this def happening!

Make no mistake they are still pretenders! They just happen to be a bit better than some of the other pretenders!

Still concur with other comments about how galling it is to see those filthy cheating scumbags doing as well
As they are at the minute courtesy of some disgraceful leg ups by their sugar daddy the AFL!

If anybody really believes this is an equalised competition they are kidding themselves!
With the way the AFL continuously turn a blind eye to the bigger and wealthier clubs shenanigans over the years is despicable. It's not
Likely to change either! Essendon as a club have always made me sick. Ever since i can ever remember they have been the
Biggest flaunters of any supposed uniformed laws in place within the game, whether it be by salary cap cheating, favourable treatment
By headquarters...Umpiring bias or just plain Steroid taking scandals they have never been held to account!

And to top it off, they have the most brainless bogan dumbarse supporters who actually have the nerve to be constantly
Sooking about how hard they get it!
F#ck i despise them..... I will forever fart in their general direction!
Saluted.

This the one thing that still really grinds my gears...
Yes, they were punished by missing out on finals, but to get a wooden spoon due to the suspension of their players and then still get pick #1 when all their players were returning was an absolutely ludicrous outcome.

The players were punished with a year out, the club who was ultimately responsible for cheating and shocking governance, was slapped over the hand with a wet lettuce leaf.

It still defies belief after all these years.

The AFL totally messed it up.
The media were impatient, so instead of waiting for ASADA , the AFL jumped the guns and took draft picks from Essendon.
Then ASADA suspended the players.
If the AFL had waited , they could have taken the draft picks that year.
But they'd already imposed the punishment and couldn't do it again. To busy trying to please the people that don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back