Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm a pessimist but I distinctly remember saying that I bet Sydney get the better Mc Cartin for pick 60 or what ever he was. I know I'm a miserable pessimist but why does the universe not prove me wrong in all things Saints related.

I know I'm a pessimist but I distinctly remember saying that I bet Sydney get the better Mc Cartin for pick 60 or what ever he was. I know I'm a miserable pessimist but why does the universe not prove me wrong in all things Saints related.
Good for Sydney. I don't think he would be getting a game in front of any of our key position players so it doesn't really matter.

Just unfortunate that Paddy will never get an opportunity to show his talent.

Good for Sydney. I don't think he would be getting a game in front of any of our key position players so it doesn't really matter.

Just unfortunate that Paddy will never get an opportunity to show his talent.

I don't think he has to be a KPF though, he's not a Paddy clone, he's quite mobile.

I don't think he has to be a KPF though, he's not a Paddy clone, he's quite mobile.
He is a great athlete more than a natural footballer. Done some work in defence this year as well but I'm more than happy with our options down the back as well. He went before our pick in that range so it's not like we passed on him for someone else.

Are Melbourne tanking again?

At least in our annus horribilis last year, I thought we showed more fight with a less talented team.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I was about to say the same thing. They are awful, it’s a complete 180 from last year. How can such a talented team drop off so horribly?

We should look at Melbourne for a trade. They are over stocked for inside mids and surely they must be worried about their slow one dimensional list. A very young Sydney side is embarrassing a prelim finalist from 12 months ago.

Apart from Oliver their inside mids look cooked. Viney, Lewis & Jones look like they are all ready for retirement. They all remind me of Armo.

Petracca on the phone to his mum asking her to warm.up the lasagna...
Maybe not his mum

2vjwshu.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Goodwin is under the pump next year.

What is it with freckled coaches?

They re-signed him early this season didn’t they..two more years to go!

Last edited:
Are the Dees in 2019 the most disappointing team of this century? I mean when you take our 2018 and look how bad it was, this side was a top 4 team and tipped by many to go better and they sit second last, only saved from the spoon by the Suns.

What an absolute debacle of a season. Can anyone remember anything worse?

I think they should sack Goodwin immediately.

Apart from Oliver their inside mids look cooked. Viney, Lewis & Jones look like they are all ready for retirement. They all remind me of Armo.

Lewis and Jones are cooked for sure, Viney should get back next year, he's still pretty young. Brayshaw is best as an inside mid too. Neale -Bullen plays forward but was drafted as an inside bull.

I was about to say the same thing. They are awful, it’s a complete 180 from last year. How can such a talented team drop off so horribly?

Entirely mental.

There's a lot to be said about a positive mind set and even in their "good year" the majority were more focused on ribbing others then celebrating their success', so when you suddenly have to work for it, or try harder, step above, expand and etc your first focus is primarily "too hard, don't want to" so despite the fact that you can, you can't because you think you can't or don't want it.

Also doesn't help when you score at 15% conversion to also kill confidence in anything worth a damn.

The most complimentary thing I can say about Melbourne is that they are true masters of the impossible.

Every player seems to possess this supersonic ability to always take the worst option in every situation. Its as if they've been naturally blessed with some uncanny knack to always turn the ball over. Quite a feat.

I know for certain where Melbourne's first round pick this year should go - the AFL should make it the GCS's priority pick - no team can be that s*** unintentionally.

Escape criticism? On The Couch talks about them for about 10-15 minutes every week. Plenty of criticism.

The criticism seems to be more evenly spread to the team & coach. Compare Pyke & RTB who have had their teams competing for finals yet have copped far more criticism than Goodwin. Goody has had it very easy however next year if his team doesn’t improve he will cop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back