Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this a joke ? On the AFL site at the moment.
Rioli from West Coast
KICKS
ABOVE AVG

GOALS
ABOVE AVG

GOAL ASSISTS
ELITE

CLEARANCES
ABOVE AVG

ONE PERCENTERS
ELITE

SCORE LAUNCHES
ELITE

Surely those elite and and above average marks are wrong . How can someone have 1 goal assist and be rated Elite ? 1.9 one percenters Elite and 1.1 score launches Elite ? kicks 8.6 Above Average , and Goals 18 above average ?

Surely someone is playing a joke , is it April Fools day or something ?

I believe it is based on position, so his numbers are compared to other small forwards.

Makes clear sense to me. Having a go at richo for not resigning after 2018. I’d be looking at the people who extended him but alas some still can’t let go. Or even better still forgetting about it. You are probably still upset with Sheldon sacking

I think it's fair to say Richo resigned to avoid the inevitable axing that was coming. A mutually agreeable "exit" process was negotiated and it was well done by both sides. Nothing to do with generosity, nor so called integrity. All sides involved acted in their best self interest.

As Keating famously said, (via his mentor Jack Lang)"In a race, always back self interest. At least you know it will be trying."

It has ever been thus and always will be.

I think it's fair to say Richo resigned to avoid the inevitable axing that was coming. A mutually agreeable "exit" process was negotiated and it was well done by both sides. Nothing to do with generosity, nor so called integrity. All sides involved acted in their best self interest.

As Keating famously said, (via his mentor Jack Lang)"In a race, always back self interest. At least you know it will be trying."

Nah you are just cynical. ( and so was Keating, and who the hell says "Thus " )

Why should he be generous. He didn’t appoint himself. He isn’t a saints man previously. He didn’t extend himself.

Nah you are just cynical. ( and so was Keating, and who the hell says "Thus " )

FYI, Kyle Sandilands, Lara Bingle, Waleed Aly, Richard Wilkins, Sonia Kruger, David Campbell, Grant Denyer and Andrew O'Keeffe. If you can find a finer bunch of highly intelligent and accomplished minds, then I challenge you to name them.

And thus is a perfectly crommulent word that embiggens even the smallest man. Thus, I used it to add weight to my statement.

FYI, Kyle Sandilands, Lara Bingle, Waleed Aly, Richard Wilkins, Sonia Kruger, David Campbell, Grant Denyer and Andrew O'Keeffe. If you can find a finer bunch of highly intelligent and accomplished minds, then I challenge you to name them.

And thus is a perfectly crommulent word that embiggens even the smallest man. Thus, I used it to add weight to my statement.

That's not the generally accepted spelling of "cromulent" but since it's not in itself cromulent you could be correct.
That's truly a hebetudinous group.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:nothing funnier than being in the office today surrounded by the melts of WCE fans ...
its amazing how many employees at my work are actual experts on the practices of ASADA and are experts in the field of drug testing , urine sampling and the legal process of provisional suspensions due to a testing breach ...
who knew Judy from accounting was such a full bottle on this stuf
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:nothing funnier than being in the office today surrounded by the melts of WCE fans ...
its amazing how many employees at my work are actual experts on the practices of ASADA and are experts in the field of drug testing , urine sampling and the legal process of provisional suspensions due to a testing breach ...

Tell them, that you know they aren't a professional urine tester, so they must do it as a hobby.

Then you can confuse them by telling them you're only taking the piss.

i've heard it all. "sounds like he drank too much water and it diluted the test to where it was marked as invalid"

like FMD!!!!

Calm down Judy.

It’s an example of how little the players know about asada testing. He obviously had a big night in the previous 2 nights. Little did he know asada don’t care about those type of drugs. Silly man. Maybe 4 years down the drain instead of no interest at all. They don’t even test for coke or ice or speed. Dumb

It’s an example of how little the players know about asada testing. He obviously had a big night in the previous 2 nights. Little did he know asada don’t care about those type of drugs. Silly man. Maybe 4 years down the drain instead of no interest at all. They don’t even test for coke or ice or speed. Dumb

Some suggestion that his miraculous fast heeling stress fractures might have been helped along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some suggestion that his miraculous fast heeling stress fractures might have been helped along.

he went from this chubby, struggling to run out a game, bloke toiling away in the WAFL and not doing alot. to a slim, defencive pressure small fwd. its like he flicked a switch and got AFL fitness.

it's suspect as all *.

he went from this chubby, struggling to run out a game, bloke toiling away in the WAFL and not doing alot. to a slim, defencive pressure small fwd. its like he flicked a switch and got AFL fitness.

it's suspect as all fu**.

We invoke Ockam's razor. In the absence of overwhelmingly convincing evidence to the contrary, the simplest and most obvious answer is the correct one.

it's suspect as all fu**.

I remember wanting him but being very unsure that he'd ever slim down enough. He was a like a post-footy Joey Montagna. He was so fat he could have tripped over and rolled back over onto his feet.

Why should he be generous. He didn’t appoint himself. He isn’t a saints man previously. He didn’t extend himself.

I don't blame him for hanging in, Pluggs. I would've done exactly the same, seeing I'd been extended on around $600-700 pa. St.KiLda was to Richo what Alan Bond was to Kerry Packer. You only get one in a lifetime. Take it where you can.

What I won't believe is that either side was acting purely out of altruism and integrity. Self interest writ large all over it. For the admin. it was a chance to save face and put in place the man they really wanted.

For Richo a chance to exit with some dignity, while pocketing a handsome redundancy payout and quickly step into a job he is imminently more suited to.

For once our admin got it right. A mistake has been turned into a positive for all to concerned. How very Un-St.Kilda. Yabbie would approve, laddies.

Another reason to be cheerful. Bring (Bing) on 2020.

WOW Storm absolutely screwed by the refs

Ling (actually one of the better callers) is complaining about umpires warning GWS players for targeting the injured arm of Charlie Cameron. Thinks that under the rules GWS players are allowed to do it. Wasn't he captain in the game when Stevie Baker got a suspension (12 weeks in total, down to 9 for the guilty plea) for doing the exact same thing to the hand of Steve Johnson? It was always a trumped up charge (retrospective rule change), but it is so telling that the captain from that very game is still not aware that the rule exists. And it was noted later that Johnson had broken his hand on Baker's face earlier in the game and later smashed an elbow through his face but only received a 3 match suspension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back