Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
337b91977384d35678ab6dc49cdc9631.jpg

Somebody snapped Dean Solomon working on his Freo Dockers coaching application.

All agents test for illicit drugs on match day. It can be used as a masking agent.
what im saying is it shouldn't be illicit anymore than alcohol, caffeine, paracetamol or hayfever tablets should be. And just because he had it in his urine doesn't mean he had it on the day, he could have smoked a joint before bed, the same way dickson has a glass of red, it can still show up. It's reflective of a draconian societal attitude that has criminalised innocent people going back to the 50s or whenever it became a thing

what im saying is it shouldn't be illicit anymore than alcohol, caffeine, paracetamol or hayfever tablets should be. And just because he had it in his urine doesn't mean he had it on the day, he could have smoked a joint before bed, the same way dickson has a glass of red, it can still show up. It's reflective of a draconian societal attitude that has criminalised innocent people going back to the 50s or whenever it became a thing
That maybe true but some could say coke is ok or speed. Apparently it can mask other drugs that why wada have it on the list. Anyway all players know so he is stupid

That maybe true but some could say coke is ok or speed. Apparently it can mask other drugs that why wada have it on the list. Anyway all players know so he is stupid

It also insinuates that he had a reason to try and avoid the urine test earlier in the year.

Like you said, just stupid to even mess about with any recreational drug when you could be tested any time. Agree with it or not, they are the rules.

Sampi is my favourite

I saw the Moorcroft mark live. Was insane.

I also saw the Andrew Walker mark live. That was almost as good.

Best of the last 20 years is this though -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah so Asada should pave the way for legalizing it?
one of the dumbest things i've heard.
It is very simply not Asada's role to determine which illicit drugs should be legalized.

Yeah so Asada should pave the way for legalizing it?
one of the dumbest things i've heard.
It is very simply not Asada's role to determine which illicit drugs should be legalized.

Probably not the dumbest thing you ever heard because he's not saying that, at all.

Shaun Grigg moving to Geelong Cats as a dev coach. Good get for them. Hope Batch is providing us with similar IP.

Care to outline.com it?

It's about how his mother who abandoned him when he was 10 months old, he was raised by his gran till the age of 10. His gran died when he was 10 and then he was wondering on streets with no proper guidance. He was looking after his nephew at the age of 10, changing diapers, feeding him when his brother and his wife were clubbing. His biological mother is still alive but she has no interest in him.

Then he met a lady called Jane, who he calls his mom now, she looked after him and brought him to Victoria.

There are three parts to the story but I have only read the first part. I don't have a paid version of Herald Sun.

20191006_181534.jpg

Last edited:
Went out yesterday here in Melbourne with a guy who I was at Primary School with. Best mates then, we recently caught up after 50 years! We used to go and watch the Saints through the 60’s, and at Moorabbin we would get there about quarter time in the reserves. We’d nab our spot in the outer forward pocket at the Southern End.

He still goes for the Saints, but laughs every time they are mentioned. Like it’s just not worth worrying too much. It irritated me to start with, but I now see it as a very good way to keep your mental health. I care too much (as do many on here) and probably more than is good for me.

When you follow a team for nearly 60 years and they don’t come through too often it does get difficult. You’ve seen it all before.

Might try his laughing trick. Can’t do me any harm.

Went out yesterday here in Melbourne with a guy who I was at Primary School with. Best mates then, we recently caught up after 50 years! We used to go and watch the Saints through the 60’s, and at Moorabbin we would get there about quarter time in the reserves. We’d nab our spot in the outer forward pocket at the Southern End.

That's fantastic to hear Verdun66.

Great to hear that you and him still keep the faith after all these years.

Let's face it....there has been so much heartache and despair since 1966.

It's a long long time ago.

I would have been standing in the opposite pocket during the early 70's until the new stand was built.

I truly believe also that the "have a laugh at it all" factor helps big time keeping your sanity if you have a healthy emotional imput with the Saints.

Basically everyone I know uses that tactic.

It can be very trying hanging in year after year.

Some say to us "it's only a game"...true but several of my group are heavily emotionally tied to the team...sad but true.

I keep thinking.....how good will it be when we eventually do salute !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back