Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbane are a good scoring/attacking team but right now, they lack any defence around the ground. They will still win a decent amount of games, especially at the Gabba, but any of the top teams who they actually need to defend and stop their run, they will struggle.

Next year is the year I expect them to be a genuine finals team.

Looking at the crowd outside marvel stadium today we are no chance of getting Good Friday back.

I will say, did like seeing the Dons immediately drawing financial sanctions by bringing Daniher back due to no forward planning in naming a side.

They might draw a bigger crowd, but I'm content that we at least didn't #$%%^ up in our lead ins with such pinpoint accuracy where it just had to be them and it had to be something they failed at administration wise for the lols.

Geez North are hot trash at the moment.
Davis-Uniake isn’t ready for it
Zieball isn’t right
Their million dollar recruits are flat footed and receiving handballs immediately under the pump.
Ben Brown is taking the get out kick at the half back line and their forward structure is non existent.
This is going to get ugly.
North are in for a long year going of this.

Geez North are hot trash at the moment.
Davis-Uniake isn’t ready for it
Zieball isn’t right
Their million dollar recruits are flat footed and receiving handballs immediately under the pump.
Ben Brown is taking the get out kick at the half back line and their forward structure is non existent.
This is going to get ugly.
North are in for a long year going of this.

It's funny hw too many new recruits from other clubs seems to have an unsettling effect a lot of the time.

The injectors have looked really good since half time in our game, they had a poor second quarter vs the Dees but look like they are back on track. Makes our performance stand up pretty well also.

Nice seeing the Roos humiliated on Good Friday after what happened to us last year and us then getting thrown under the bus for “ruining” the spectacle last year.

Last edited:
The injectors have looked really good since half time in our game, they had a poor second quarter vs the Dees but look like they are back on track. Makes our performance stand up pretty well also.

Nice seeing the Roos humiliated on Good Friday after what happened to us last year and us then getting thrown under he bus for “ruining” the spectacle last year.

They are looking unbelievably good at the moment. Three on the trot since we beat them. I can’t get my head around our win against them. Did we get them at the right time or are we a pretty good side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are looking unbelievably good at the moment. Three on the trot since we beat them. I can’t get my head around our win against them. Did we get them at the right time or are we a pretty good side?

Our pressure game is elite, it sets the tempo in games, I think they were mentally fragile and got hit by a tsunami of pressure.

They were poor in qtr 1, they played well in the last three, but we played well.

4 goals up with 2 minutes to go. Two junk time goals.

We were good

So will there be calls for the AFL to take Good Friday off North after this display?

I mean Saints couldn't play because they were so bad last year.

Norf are appalling

I think they were asking for it for 15 years, they would be stiff to lose it....that said they'll probably give it to two big clubs anyway.

Tippa basically could not get hands on the ball when we played them, was horribly out of form. Shiel was also not great. Both are match winners for them. They also didn’t have Hooker or Daniher.
We did play well and the score flattered them in the end, but I think we did get them at a good time.

I was actually impressed with their second half against us, thought they looked very hard to stop and thought we held up fantastically well. I wasn’t surprised when they came out firing against the Dees the week after.

The first half in our game against them, we just played it to perfection. We knew their confidence was shaky and we tackled and pressured them like madmen and built a match-winning lead. It was beautifully executed.

We’re a decent team now we have some method to our madness. You can never question our work-ethic, even in the dark days last year. Now we have better structures, we are a pretty tricky matchup for most teams in the comp - maybe all teams if we get in a roll.

So will there be calls for the AFL to take Good Friday off North after this display?

I mean Saints couldn't play because they were so bad last year.

Norf are appalling
Karma coming back to bite them in the arse after hanging us out to dry last year.

I’m enjoying it immensely, even if it’s the injectors handing out the karma to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back