Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You may as well start engraving Walsh's name as the Rising Star. 26 disposals, 92% efficiency and a goal. Can't remember a guy being this good in his first year since Joel Selwood.
Looks ready made.

This is a fantastic result for the blues. Their goal kicking and scoring woes put behind them with the ton - first time in 59 rounds apparently.

My household very happy this weekend with both our teams winning. Happy Easter everyone!!!

What's happened to the dogs last couple of years?
Their fans were satisfied with winning one premiership, their players thought their job was done.

A lesson for us. One fluke win will not be enough. Great, yes. I'll celebrate as much as anyone. But it won't mean much without backing it up, at least with consistent finals presence over a number of years.

Put it this way: id much prefer to have won one of those '09-'10 GFs, but which era do you consider to be the strongest, Saints '08-'11 or Dogs '15-'18?

And the blues break their drought with a win.
There's daisy celebrating with his daughter on the field.
There's Cripps hugging his son on the field.... No wait, that's their coach, my bad.
Blues currently holding pick 4 next year. Adelaide Pick 5!

Their fans were satisfied with winning one premiership, their players thought their job was done.

A lesson for us. One fluke win will not be enough. Great, yes. I'll celebrate as much as anyone. But it won't mean much without backing it up, at least with consistent finals presence over a number of years.

Put it this way: id much prefer to have won one of those '09-'10 GFs, but which era do you consider to be the strongest, Saints '08-'11 or Dogs '15-'18?
Couldn’t disagree anymore. Winning a flag would be beyond great. Couldn’t care if we were relegated after that Close is very good. Winning a gf is everything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t disagree anymore. Winning a flag would be beyond great. Couldn’t care if we were relegated after that Close is very good. Winning a gf is everything
Yeah I’m the same. I don’t want a dynasty. I just want one.

Will probably change my mind after that. But until then just give me one.

Please. :(

Yep I don't understand any other opinion than this.

In 30 years no one will remember that we had a great 3 years in 08-10. Nor will they remember the dogs doing * all in the years surrounding 2016.

They will remember who won the flag in 2016 though.

Watching the way Adelaide are playing - we really should win against them next week. We seem to be really good at putting the pressure on and the way they choke the ball up. We need to capitalise.

Yep I don't understand any other opinion than this.

In 30 years no one will remember that we had a great 3 years in 08-10. Nor will they remember the dogs doing **** all in the years surrounding 2016.

They will remember who won the flag in 2016 though.

Dynasty.

I don't want just 1, I want to see Brissie, see the Pies, see the Hawks, scoff at their "runs" of GF wins and absolytely bend over AFL pundits in the process.

Then in 30 years people won't give a damn about what happened 150 years ago.

Anyway, Stewie Dew obviously ate the gameplan, GCS a rudderless ship due to appetite.

I predicted the Melbourne fade out against us and now your response to my post to perfection, I'm thinking of getting into the stock market.

Dynasty.

I don't want just 1, I want to see Brissie, see the Pies, see the Hawks, scoff at their "runs" of GF wins and absolytely bend over AFL pundits in the process.

Anyway, Stewie Dew obviously ate the gameplan, GCS a rudderless ship due to appetite.

Well yeah I'd prefer that. But 1 flag at a time.

Dynasty.

Lets play this game its not realistic but lets pretend. Would you take a guaranteed flag and then failure or a maybe dynasty. Im taking the flag every single time. One in 150 years suggests I cant be arrogant enough to want more.

Last edited:
All the doggies' 2016 premiership will be in the annals of history, is a blip, a glitch, an asterisk. Like Leicester city's recent league win. At least in the years around 1966, St Kilda was a decent team.

I recognise it's a divisive issue though, and that's fine. I just made the point that the success starved Dogs fans wouldn't care either if the dogs are s**t for a generation, and that satisfaction apparently rubbed off on the players/club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back