Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roos: when I depart I'll be handing over a list ready to win a premiership...

Goodwin: When I come in, I will run it into the ground...

Bachar Houli is a very well spoken person, great interview with Holmes.

Melbourne are a rabble at the moment. The effort was there in the first quarter, then it seemed to fade as the game went on. They have literally nothing up forward. Weiderman did nothing and McDonald was back in defence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brereton said last weekend that they were down hill skiers - reckon he is spot on.

They don't run hard enough defensively, they expect someone else to do it for them. There's no talk - countless times I saw them all running for the ball carrier instead of some of them dropping back so there wasn't any overlap if they didn't win the ball. We smashed them in that area last week. They all went to whoever one of us had the ball and we'd just cut them open with the switch and just the general attacking nature of our play from the back half.

Viney beaten by an 18 year old kid. Five youngest players on the ground were all Richmond.

It was an embarrassing effort tonight on such a big occasion. Probably worse than their performance against us last weekend.

Melbourne's board is exactly like ours was last year. Already got the sack the coach thread and started talking about the draft.

Fair call from Grace.

They are all so out of form. Gawn still stacks up as one of the better ruckman going around but gee he’s lacking intensity. Suddenly Lewis, Jones & Viney look old, slow & banger up! No structure, no passion. Lifeless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre-season Dees were touted as premiership favourites based on last year.
They made finals having defeated very few teams in the top 8 from what I remember.
They did play two very good finals but were thumped in the prelim.
A case of being completely overrated by the media and the believing of their publicity I think.

Bachar Houli is a very well spoken person, great interview with Holmes.

Melbourne are a rabble at the moment. The effort was there in the first quarter, then it seemed to fade as the game went on. They have literally nothing up forward. Weiderman did nothing and McDonald was back in defence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houli is a very good player. Norm Smith for me in their premiership year.

Melbourne's board is exactly like ours was last year. Already got the sack the coach thread and started talking about the draft.

Fair call from Grace.

Haven’t they just re-signed Goodwin for another couple?

Fox Footy showing EXACTLY what I just wrote about - absolutely stupid to have half a dozen players attacking the ball and leaving opposition players in open space.

They are all so out of form. Gawn still stacks up as one of the better ruckman going around but gee he’s lacking intensity. Suddenly Lewis, Jones & Viney look old, slow & banger up! No structure, no passion. Lifeless.
I can't get over how bad their defence is. It's almost as though they don't have a plan at all.

Apparently 16 players had surgery and interrupted preseasons. They look like it has killed their run and intensity. They look bottom 4 tonight, I reckon we did to them what North did to us last year. We just stuck a nail in their hearts. I prefer my Dees mates to my Tigers mates still, I actually feel sorry for them, they have sucked so bad so long and as much as the thought of them being better than us was awful, I only wanted them to suck a bit worse than us, not s**t the bed.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-28-at-11.51.23-am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back