Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that’s not the big issue with umpiring. I umpired vfl seniors up until 3 years ago am still involved with regional umpiring panels coaching. There are no real black and white decisions. There is a check list to a holding. The ball that the umpire sometimes has 1 second to process. I will find the chart and post it on here

Watch it closely where is stephensons prior he had none play on correct call.

I think he had an arm pinned and they seemed to pay that earlier in the game.

Not how I remember it. I’ll have to watch it again. Commentators all said holding the ball as well

I was watching on 7 and commentators didn't seem to highlight it much but to my naked eye and wanting the Pies to win thought it should have ben a free for HTB or incorrect disposal.

The in the back seconds later 100% correct would be angry if it wasn’t paid

It was there too but there should have been a free before it got to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest issue is the afl tinkers with the rule and changes the interpretation every year. So trying to get every umpire officiating the game the same is next to impossible because of the grey areas. Case in point last week in our game against the demons when razor told frost he should reverse it and doesn’t.

For what it’s worth in love what razor did but it was incorrect if he thinks it should of been reversed it should have

I didn't mind that one too much but thought the Bombers were hard done by 3 or 4 times in the last 10 minutes of the quarter - IMO most of the 50-50s went the other way.

Gotta say they are consistent the “ Injectors “

They Boo the umpires

They Boo opposition good players

They Boo their own players & coach when they lose.

Must say when I watch the Injectors play the Filth my only wish is “ injuries “ to all concerned.

It really is an amazing year of football & despite all the whinging about low scoring I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

What has me so engaged is the evenness of the competition with every team looking vulnerable. The Pies looked unbeatable against the Tigers but have fell short against the Eagles & the Cats. The Cats have also looked beatable losing at their home fortress to the Giants. Giants losing a few including a drubbing in the West. We saw what happened with the Eagles at their home deck last weekend.

It really is an open year & any number of about 10 teams could win it. Similar to 2016 where the Dogs elevated themselves for a month of footy to snag a flag from seventh. Same situation with the Tigers in 2017. The Eagles had a number of weaknesses last year however were fantastic at home & matched up perfectly against the Pies.

I really believe that this year it could be fairytale time for one club if the cards fall correct....Port...Freo... who knows...

I dont think we stuffed up at all. A tall taking 5 years to get his body right is far from being unheard of and the results from his last pre-season absolutely show the professionalism and determinism that elite sportsman need. Unfortunately no one can really predict how bad concussion was going to effect him. In retrospect DeGoey was the best choice possible but no one could predict that.
Oh I forgot Paddy has been a matchwinner for us in the 80 games he played.

So he took 4 years to get into some semblence of fitness, real professional.

Jesus, Jack Newnes has kicked bigger bags than McCartin.

Dont worry I wanted Petracca who is as big a spud.

They should just throw the priority rule out the window. Have the rule as simple as “if you do not dispose of the ball properly, then it is holding the ball.”

It gets rid of two problems. No more stoppages, other than out of bounds. Equalling less congestion. And makes the game more free flowing because players will prefer to tap it on rather than take possession.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh I forgot Paddy has been a matchwinner for us in the 80 games he played.

So he took 4 years to get into some semblence of fitness, real professional.

Jesus, Jack Newnes has kicked bigger bags than McCartin.

Dont worry I wanted Petracca who is as big a spud.
I wonder sometimes why I even engage with you. Its never anything more then a petty sarcastic response devoid of any sort of actual attempt to discuss things properly.

How much of McCartin's development has been crushed by concussion issues huh. A ******* huge amount. We didn't make any sort of mistake taking him over Petracca when our needs at the time were evident as day and Petracca has proven again and again why he was never a real consideration at pick 1.

I wonder sometimes why I even engage with you. Its never anything more then a petty sarcastic response devoid of any sort of actual attempt to discuss things properly.

How much of McCartin's development has been crushed by concussion issues huh. A ******* huge amount. We didn't make any sort of mistake taking him over Petracca when our needs at the time were evident as day and Petracca has proven again and again why he was never a real consideration at pick 1.
Do yourself a favour and dont

He has said the same thing as what you just did for the last couple of years about Paddy and now comes up with that, its laughable

Do yourself a favour and dont

He has said the same thing as what you just did for the last couple of years about Paddy and now comes up with that, its laughable

Yeah, I presume this refers to Joffaboy because I didn't see the OP. He's the only poster I have on ignore and it makes the forum about 10% more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back