Not open for further replies.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Anyone watching the Suns/Dogs game on atm? Doggies looking very behind the ball everywhere. Gold Coast definitely out with something to prove I reckon. Could be an interesting rd1

Anyone watching the Suns/Dogs game on atm? Doggies looking very behind the ball everywhere. Gold Coast definitely out with something to prove I reckon. Could be an interesting rd1

Beat up on Brisbane too.

some interesting outcomes from the JLT so far. neale gave a decent sly whack at freo and fyfe

my boy baker did well 2 goals

walsh a bonafide star in the making. bailey smith struggling.

dom sheed dominating

weller seems to have done well for richmond

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
some interesting outcomes from the JLT so far. neale gave a decent sly whack at freo and fyfe

my boy baker did well 2 goals

walsh a bonafide star in the making. bailey smith struggling.

dom sheed dominating

weller seems to have done well for richmond

“Selfless group”
“No egos in there”

Massive Fyfe whack

Well all my stuffing around checking out if we can find a free way to watch the footy might just have paid off . I gave up on the Global TV app and started checking out IPTV which is basically free tv channels streamed over the internet.

I’ve found one IPTV player which lets you input your own m3U playlists which is basically the list of channels available for whatever country you want . After messing around with US and UK lists I had a great idea . Why not see if there is an Australian m3U list . A quick search on google found a couple . The first one I used has the free to air channels and listed there amongst them is Fox Footy channel. I clicked on it but there was nothing on right at the moment. Hopefully when the next preseason game is on it will have them to watch . I’m on my iPad at the moment, but when I get back on my computer later I will get the name of the program which you download for free from the Microsoft store or Apple store . It’s only a very small program size wise . Fingers crossed that it works .

Don’t Panic !!

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
If pre-season form is anything to go by, Essendon don't look very good at all. And in a JLT2 game as well, where teams usually are playing their near best 22.
Pre-season form means nothing until it does.

Scorelines are generally not the best benchmark when talking pre-season. Its effective game plan and execution that really needs to be kept an eye on as theres always a bit of experimentation going on even in the late games.

That said, if a team looks lost (like we did last year) then its probably a bit indicative of issues that havent been resolved.

Pre-season form means nothing until it does.

Scorelines are generally not the best benchmark when talking pre-season. Its effective game plan and execution that really needs to be kept an eye on as theres always a bit of experimentation going on even in the late games.

That said, if a team looks lost (like we did last year) then its probably a bit indicative of issues that havent been resolved.
I'm just speaking on it given how our pre-season form translated into the season proper last year.

Obviously could be wrong, but as I said - IF it's anything to go by - they look very poor. They have near a full strength side out there.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
I'm just speaking on it given how our pre-season form translated into the season proper last year.

Obviously could be wrong, but as I said - IF it's anything to go by - they look very poor. They have near a full strength side out there.
I only caught the last minute of it before half time but they didnt look great against the blues either. I really doubt they are gonna plumb the depths of the bottom 4 though.. but then again I thought we would be finalists last year so what do I know lol.

I only caught the last minute of it before half time but they didnt look great against the blues either. I really doubt they are gonna plumb the depths of the bottom 4 though.. but then again I thought we would be finalists last year so what do I know lol.
Could easily see both of them (Geelong & Essendon) missing the eight. You don't need much to go wrong to miss out, and the Bombers look pretty ordinary and the Cats I reckon are in a bit of a little rebuild phase. They've got stars, sure, but they've also blooded a lot of youth and after their performance in last years finals series I can see them slipping.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Essendon definitely arent playing good football. What the christ is Daniher doing in the ruck when Bellchambers is also playing?

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well all my stuffing around checking out if we can find a free way to watch the footy might just have paid off . I gave up on the Global TV app and started checking out IPTV which is basically free tv channels streamed over the internet.

I’ve found one IPTV player which lets you input your own m3U playlists which is basically the list of channels available for whatever country you want . After messing around with US and UK lists I had a great idea . Why not see if there is an Australian m3U list . A quick search on google found a couple . The first one I used has the free to air channels and listed there amongst them is Fox Footy channel. I clicked on it but there was nothing on right at the moment. Hopefully when the next preseason game is on it will have them to watch . I’m on my iPad at the moment, but when I get back on my computer later I will get the name of the program which you download for free from the Microsoft store or Apple store . It’s only a very small program size wise . Fingers crossed that it works .

Don’t Panic !!
I wonder if that’s because they often put their games on a different channel (550?). Most likely not as this game is on the normal 504, but ...

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
The Dons strike me as having a lot of plodders in their starting 22. Interesting to see how they start the year, especially seeing as we play them in Rd2.

On paper their side looks as goos as any, it must be psychological damage from their drug cheating.

Human Person

Custom title
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Caught the end of Giants vs crows, Bonar is still a Loooong way off. Wondering how long it will be until he shows some signs. 13 Disposals and 0 tackles despite spending most of the game in the guts.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I caught the second in the Crows v GWS game last night.
The Crows owned that quarter.
Did anyone catch the wing positioning at centre bounces?
Both wings set up on the Adelaide defensive side of the square - at the either corner.
I can understand why Adelaide did that: to own their defensive half, set up their attacks and create space in their own forward half.
But I'm not sure why GWS manned them, given it just compressed the space in their forward half.
Presumably GWS were well aware of these Adelaide tactics.

Anyone got any thoughts on GWS's response?

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I caught the second in the Crows v GWS game last night.
The Crows owned that quarter.
Did anyone catch the wing positioning at centre bounces?
Both wings set up on the Adelaide defensive side of the square - at the either corner.
I can understand why Adelaide did that: to own their defensive half, set up their attacks and create space in their own forward half.
But I'm not sure why GWS manned them, given it just compressed the space in their forward half.
Presumably GWS were well aware of these Adelaide tactics.

Anyone got any thoughts on GWS's response?

The only reason GWS made a mini comeback was due to increased intensity. One thing noticeable was how slick & skilled the Crows were at distributing under pressure. Just kept hitting targets & always had short leads around the flanks/wings. On the other hand the Giants continued to try & go thru the middle & ended up having to bomb to a contest. Big call, but ive got the Crows as early flag favourites. They just looked super organised & well drilled & suited to combatting manic pressure teams such as the Pies & Tigers, who’ll be the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back