Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see lots of “looks promising” and “potential” in your list of names. What exactly is “very high potential”?

All could refer to both Clark and Coffield ( based on what we saw of him last year) as well.

Stephenson the only proven one so far and we couldn’t have got him anyway.

Means they have shown more than others to suggest they will be stars.

I wanna say, lot of commentary about the below the knees frees and what constitutes going in for the ball and wafting through just so you can trip on someones face, but;

The amount of blokes who feel a bit of physical contact and s**t their shorty shorts then just drop the ball and act shot is disgusting and should remain in soccer.

Last edited:
Are the international channels in HD where the channel broadcasts in HD?
Similar props I’ve tried are mostly sd although exodus live was HD here broadcast that way and as quite good.

Yes they are listed as HD , bit hard to tell on my ipad or computer but they look awesome and the channels are listed as HD soi assume they are . If you are interested best do a trial for one day to make sure .

Don’t Panic !!

As a couple of people have said....Coffield is a baby. He was nearly the youngest in his draft year. It should mean he has plenty left to develop. He has fallen behind by the sound of it in terms of fitness and maybe his defensive work. He'll get there I'm sure. He is not demanding to be picked yet. Let's wait for that to occur, then we can agitate for his inclusion.

At the end of the day he's a top 10 player not even playing well in the VFL. Pick 1 Rayner looks a gun, 2 Brayshaw looks very promising, 3 Dow very high potential, 4 Davis -Uniake looks a gun, 5 Adam Cerra looks a gun, 6 Stephenson superstar potential,7 Clark potential, 8 Coffield struggling, 9 Aaron Naughton superstar potential, 10 Lauchie O'Brien promising.

So out of a really strong top 10 we seem to have the only guy struggling to not only get a game but struggling to make any impact at VFL level. I'm glad you are so chilled that you don't care but remember we won this trade by delaying our pick form the year before to get that pick. It has to be a win or it's just another disastrous piece of drafting and trade work.

It just sucks that with the pick after us the Dogs look to have the Bontempelli like steal again.
Jeez you're easily distracted by shiny objects.

So our Top 10 Picks only have "potential" or are "struggling" yet

Cam Rayner's a "gun" despite averaging 9 possessions a game this season and 12 for his career

LDU "looks a gun" despite averaging less than Hunter Clark

Stephenson has "superstar potential" (after a great first year) but jeez he's hardly killing it this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=6485&pid2=6645&fid1=S&fid2=S

Jeez you're easily distracted by shiny objects.

So our Top 10 Picks only have "potential" or are "struggling" yet

Cam Rayner's a "gun" despite averaging 9 possessions a game this season and 12 for his career

LDU "looks a gun" despite averaging less than Hunter Clark

Stephenson has "superstar potential" (after a great first year) but jeez he's hardly killing it this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=6485&pid2=6645&fid1=S&fid2=S

Don't look at stats, go watch Rayner play. Yesterday he statistically wasn't great but he just does stuff that looks elite. A few marks running with the flight into space in a sprint, getting through traffic like Dusty etc. He is like Gresham, he doesn't need much ball to punish teams. You can just tell he'll be a pretty special player. He's no Petracca, he looks blue chip. LDU this year looks very composed and plays like a 100 game player. Both are improving because they are getting senior footy and a growing because of it.

If you don't think Stephenson will be elite then you are watching a different player to me. He might be a bit off this year but you would back him to be a superstar off the back of last year. He nearly single handedly changed the whole mind set of the side. He's probably close to the most dominant first year kid to play in a side since Judd at WCE.

I'm not saying Coffield is not going to make it, I'm saying it's a concern that the club doesn't give him games and that he's stagnating at VFL level.

Don't look at stats, go watch Rayner play. Yesterday he statistically wasn't great but he just does stuff that looks elite. A few marks running with the flight into space in a sprint, getting through traffic like Dusty etc. He is like Gresham, he doesn't need much ball to punish teams. You can just tell he'll be a pretty special player. He's no Petracca, he looks blue chip. LDU this year looks very composed and plays like a 100 game player. Both are improving because they are getting senior footy and a growing because of it.

If you don't think Stephenson will be elite then you are watching a different player to me. He might be a bit off this year but you would back him to be a superstar off the back of last year. He nearly single handedly changed the whole mind set of the side. He's probably close to the most dominant first year kid to play in a side since Judd at WCE.

I'm not saying Coffield is not going to make it, I'm saying it's a concern that the club doesn't give him games and that he's stagnating at VFL level.
Don't disagree with any of that - other than the fact that you could say exactly the same things about Clark and Coffield.

Smooth movers class written all over both of them - both will be long term quality players for the Saints.

Don't disagree with any of that - other than the fact that you could say exactly the same things about Clark and Coffield.

Smooth movers class written all over both of them - both will be long term quality players for the Saints.

I'm not as worried about Hunter, he's playing and developing. I worry about the fact Coff is struggling at VFL level and with players holding positions he plays in, he's going to struggle to get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm scared folks! Help me! :oops:
Just find myself agreeing with Purple wholeheartedly re Dangerfield off the ball incident
Saying certain rules for some and others for the stars!

I saw that segment last night.....I was shocked someone actually came out and said it....and quite forcibly too.

I was equally shocked that Judd said that was ok re "2 sets of rules".

At the end of the day he's a top 10 player not even playing well in the VFL. Pick 1 Rayner looks a gun, 2 Brayshaw looks very promising, 3 Dow very high potential, 4 Davis -Uniake looks a gun, 5 Adam Cerra looks a gun, 6 Stephenson superstar potential,7 Clark potential, 8 Coffield struggling, 9 Aaron Naughton superstar potential, 10 Lauchie O'Brien promising.

So out of a really strong top 10 we seem to have the only guy struggling to not only get a game but struggling to make any impact at VFL level. I'm glad you are so chilled that you don't care but remember we won this trade by delaying our pick form the year before to get that pick. It has to be a win or it's just another disastrous piece of drafting and trade work.

It just sucks that with the pick after us the Dogs look to have the Bontempelli like steal again.

Also by comparison. Aiden Bonar just had 15 touches in the NEAFL. Lachie O'brien looks like a seagull and a poor man's Billings, only getting 10.5 touches in his two games with Carlton this year. Darcy Fogarty played the same number of AFL games as Coffield last year and is yet to be seen at AFL level this year. Brander has played just 2 AFL games and not done much. The rest is a mixed bag with Higgins being the only real standout.

Which is not to say that we should be happy with where Coffield is at, more just to say that it is all unpredictable and too early to tell. You might be right, he could be a lemon.

But remember: Tom Doedee waited until he was 21 before making his AFL debut last year and looked like a gun for Adelaide. He was taken at pick 17.

Coffield is still only 19 years old and change. Plenty of time. I'm worried, but not despairing.

I think this is a bible verse that all saints supporters should take to heart: "We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed"

Are carlton still cooked long term? 4 players over 30, two 29yos and a 28yo all took the field in the loss to GC. Just thinking about how much we slumped when the experience was gone. They have quality youth but they will need to replace that 3rd of the 22 in the next few years

"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed"

Not quite sure about the "not driven to despair" bit, but the rest is bloody close :oops:

Are carlton still cooked long term? 4 players over 30, two 29yos and a 28yo all took the field in the loss to GC. Just thinking about how much we slumped when the experience was gone. They have quality youth but they will need to replace that 3rd of the 22 in the next few years

One poster....it may have been you "taken" posted late last year that IHO.....Carlton have yet to bottom out......what a scary thought that would be.

He listed their top 10 from their 2018 B& F....and said that 7 of that 10 won't be there in 2 years time.

One poster....it may have been you "taken" posted late last year that IHO.....Carlton have yet to bottom out......what a scary thought that would be.

He listed their top 10 from their 2018 B& F....and said that 7 of that 10 won't be there in 2 years time.

It can turn around pretty fast as we have seen. Brisbane too. I would think they are getting drafting right lately and that is always a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back