Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without scrolling back a few pages, which opposition player are we melting about this week because didn't draft him?

Wait for a loss, you're getting ahead of yourself. There is plenty of time for smug indignation later. ;)

Free kick count in todays game between the Pies & Blues
Collingwood:24
Carlton: 8

Yeah, well they need money for s**t. Have to fix games good for their pay.

I wish we got to play them at the MCG.

Gee that really pisses me off....they couldn't miss in the first 1/4 last weekend as they slammed on 8 goals.

That's the 3rd time this season that a club "can't miss" against us and the very next week they can't buy a goal.

Only us !!!!!!!!

Gee that really pisses me off....they couldn't miss in the first 1/4 last weekend as they slammed on 8 goals.

That's the 3rd time this season that a club "can't miss" against us and the very next week they can't buy a goal.

Only us !!!!!!!!
This year is showing time and time again that its all about "catching teams when they are down". We have done it with Essendon and Melbourne, just been a bit unfortunate that no truly good teams have had a mare of a day against us.

Anyone else get these weird notifications on here that "Someone" which is apparently the user name Liked some random totally irrelevant post?

Someone liked your post from Anthony Morabito, knee injury

Someone like your post from 2013 ladder predictor

But Someone isn't an actual user, and now my avvie is showing up next to Someone's name, where is used to be a blank head.

It's weird af been going on for a while.

Is this some sort of glitch in the apps Chief or am I in the Matrix right now and Someone is my digital doppleganger

And if Someone likes this post, I may sllip a bit, mentally

Anyone else get these weird notifications on here that "Someone" which is apparently the user name Liked some random totally irrelevant post?

Someone liked your post from Anthony Morabito, knee injury

Someone like your post from 2013 ladder predictor

But Someone isn't an actual user, and now my avvie is showing up next to Someone's name, where is used to be a blank head.

It's weird af been going on for a while.

Is this some sort of glitch in the apps Chief or am I in the Matrix right now and Someone is my digital doppleganger

And if Someone likes this post, I may sllip a bit, mentally

You can't be Quixote, i was just talking to Quixote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have wondered why they don't do that rugby lift to sit a player up higher before as well. I assume there is no rule to say you can't lift a player up to get a hand to the ball.

I reckon the Brisbane Bears tried it one day. Don't know if it was before the rule was brought in or not.

I’m surprised that cheer leader stack hasn’t been tried. That’s fantastic.

R7 1988, Bears vs Footscray.

Simon Beasley had a set shot next to the behind post for his eighth goal and the win, but missed the shot. Brisbane's Mike Richardson sat on the shoulders of the man of the mark Matthew Campbell, which caused the league to change the rules to allow only one man on the mark. Beasley was also harassed by Brisbane Bears fans who ran onto the field after the siren, with some alleged to have thrown dirt and beer at him, drawing criticism of crowd control at Carrara Stadium. (from Wikipedia)

You can make out Richardson getting on the shoulders of Campbell in the video before they cut to the crowd on the ground.

In this most bizarre of seasons with some results....Umpiring...AFL confusion...Tribunal elitism.....rule confusion....Match fixing rumours...Betting anomolies

Something about that Haw v GWS game stinks to high heaven to me! My Malaka senses are tingling! :think:
Don't want to believe what i am thinking! But it ties into plenty of concerns to do with outside influence/Narrative on results
Whether it be by the officials or just plain inconsistent footy by pretty much every team this year outside of Geelong!

Or do i just need to start taking my medication again? :oops:

In this most bizarre of seasons with some results....Umpiring...AFL confusion...Tribunal elitism.....rule confusion....Match fixing rumours...Betting anomolies

Something about that Haw v GWS game stinks to high heaven to me! My Malaka senses are tingling! :think:
Don't want to believe what i am thinking! But it ties into plenty of concerns to do with outside influence/Narrative on results
Whether it be by the officials or just plain inconsistent footy by pretty much every team this year outside of Geelong!

Or do i just need to start taking my medication again? :oops:

No it's weird season. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some match fixing going on at all. Michael Christian is like putting a child in charge of a toy shop, pretty sure he's had one too many head knocks and can't remember what he's even there for.

I'm also convinced the AFL is hellbent on having a Coll v West Coast Grand final rematch this year!

And that we didn't go to the moon....Aaaand we should all regulate our blinking, cause that's when they get you! :unamused:

I'm also convinced the AFL is hellbent on having a Coll v West Coast Grand final rematch this year!

And that we didn't go to the moon....Aaaand we should all regulate our blinking, cause that's when they get you! :unamused:
I agree with all that except the moon. It’s never looked the same since they started bringing bits of it back with them..

Had quite a chuckle at Jeff Kennett's comments this morning.....having a big whinge about the Hawks being fixtured 8 times on a Sunday arvo this season and how that impacts revenue.

Well Jeffrey mate.....welcome to our world.

One eye popping stat from the weekend was the Hawks home crowd on Sunday....granted it was Mothers day but 14,600 !!!!!

Their lowest MCG crowd since 2004.

Had quite a chuckle at Jeff Kennett's comments this morning.....having a big whinge about the Hawks being fixtured 8 times on a Sunday arvo this season and how that impacts revenue.

One eye popping stat from the weekend was the Hawks home crowd on Sunday....granted it was Mothers day but 14,600 !!!!!

And upon that number, and the eight Sundays, rests the $135million white elephant that is Dingley.
No wonder Jeffrey is getting verbal.
Some business case numbers are quite clearly under pressure.

And upon that number, and the eight Sundays, rests the $135million white elephant that is Dingley.

They might have to learn a lesson about resilience from we Sainters. I see their numbers dropping off.

Would give my right arm for Clarko though. Happy to keep my left as I need that one.

Jeff's never been a numbers man, not sure he could read that business case. I suspect he's just whinging because that's what he does.

Not surprised one bit....They have always been a fickle and spoilt lot....That's why the nearly went under within 5 yrs of winning a flag in 91
All the success in the world....But no heart and soul whatsoever within their supporter base!

How pathetic to get a crowd like that after winning 3 in a row just 3 years ago!
That's the Dawks for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back