Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw in the AGE online...…"Eleni Glouftsis ….the lastest AFL umpire to be dropped for a poor performance"

IMHO....it was a very poor performance.

The article stated that she was dropped due to a string of poor decisions which included 2 crucial errors which awarded free kicks for the Eagles that resulted in goals.

Bit late now !!!!!!!

2 decisions she made on the city side of the ground in front of us were also howlers.

One of the few times where I've been agreived by some of the umpiring and said umpire/s have been axed the next week.

A rare but very good feeling when you've been vindiacted.

Tom Boyd just retired. Geez I really hope the kid is okay and has some strong support.

He cant be in a good place to make this call mid season (at just 23) following some serious mental health challenges.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-16/bulldogs-flag-hero-boyd-announces-shock-retirement-at-just-23

Bigger things than football ...
Jeez. Boyd, Paddy, to a slightly lesser extent Paton.
Big forwards going at #1 doesn't seem to be going that well. Lucky for Winx he did his knee and avoided the curse.
And lucky for us we had pick #3 that year instead of pick 1.

Just saw in the AGE online...…"Eleni Glouftsis ….the lastest AFL umpire to be dropped for a poor performance"

The article stated that she was dropped due to a string of poor decisions which included 2 crucial errors which awarded free kicks for the Eagles that resulted in goals.

Bit late now !!!!!!!

2 decisions she made on the city side of the ground in front of us were also howlers.

One of the few times where I've been agreived by some of the umpiring and said umpire/s have been axed the next week.

Too true Watto!

Sadly though it doesn't help us with the 4 points!
BTW Does anyone know if we have brought up the little issue of being screwed by the maggots on a weekly basis
With the AFL? From the club that is! Pretty much Any other club would have been screaming blue murder weeks ago!

Sheedy would have got NASA involved somehow by now!

Bit late now !!!!!!!

She was appalling... and remember she was equally appalling against the Eagles last year as well.

Like you said, the frustrating thing is, yeah sure, they are at least admitting how bad the umpiring was but it is too late now. The 4 points are already lost.

She goes into my umpiring hall of shame along with this disgrace:
Stephens-e1397107329269.jpg

and this one:
456e10c888dd295d77ba1b5216bcdbe4

I can handle the odd bad game from an umpire but Eleni and the two above have shown a consistent level of poor performance when officiating against us. They are either:
a) Incompetent
b) biased
c) All of the above

She was appalling... and remember she was equally appalling against the Eagles last year as well.

Like you said, the frustrating thing is, yeah sure, they are at least admitting how bad the umpiring was but it is too late now. The 4 points are already lost.

She goes into my umpiring hall of shame along with this disgrace:
Stephens-e1397107329269.jpg

and this one:
456e10c888dd295d77ba1b5216bcdbe4

I can handle the odd bad game from an umpire but Eleni and the two above have shown a consistent level of poor performance when officiating against us. They are either:
a) Incompetent
b) biased
c) All of the above

Or corrupt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back