Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
What’s Sidebottom paying for the Brownlow? Looks like he’s playing his best ever football.

If he’s greater than 15:1 odds I reckon he’d be a good get; pies will win heaps of games and he’s a goal kicking mid.

Nick Riewoldt just went down the slide, geez he looks like he could get a game next week, hasn't let himself go at all.

He looks like he could perform in front of 72,000 at Wembley next week if he wanted to.

Bloody good effort that

The poor old umpires having a winge about supporter abuse.
Just watch the pitiful decision against Jeremy Howe's Mark in the 1st qtr and you will know why abuse is a weekly occurence.
Disgraceful Decision
Pigeons that just need to do their job and realise they are not part of the game

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Watching this game makes me feel a little better about where we are at. Collingwood are clearly in the best 3 - 4 sides in the comp and imo there's a fair way to 5 - 8; but some of their skills have been fairly comical, especially shots at goal on the run under little pressure. Treloar is quite the turnover merchant at times as well.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
The poor old umpires having a winge about supporter abuse.
Just watch the pitiful decision against Jeremy Howe's Mark in the 1st qtr and you will know why abuse is a weekly occurence.
Disgraceful Decision
No - the abuse comes from people who simply don't know the rules.

Howe lead with his studs - free kick - simple.

Boy oh boy Stephenson...

Why don't ours look like that!
Because if he was with us he would be at Sandy working on some deficiency instead of playing to his strengths
If he was at Stkilda no way he plays every game last year

Because if he was with us he would be at Sandy working on some deficiency instead of playing to his strengths

Then after playing 4 games in 4 years we'd delist him because he didn't come back like an ironman in the off season.

And then we would blame the coach and never the player. And that same player never gets picked up by another club suggesting our hope that he was good was wrong again
Or would other clubs assume he was s**t so would overlook him.

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Someone please explain that last free kick to Gawn for me. I had the sound off - it seriously wasn't holding the ball was it?

I thought the saints had the bye this week - turned on the TV and have been watching them play the Pies.

They have lost 9, we lost 6, despite their team full of early picks.
I'm not giving you a like, our lot have heart.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sadly true.
I hate this about our player management.

Talent is talent.
Work with people's strengths Saints.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Sadly true.
I hate this about our player management.

Talent is talent.
Work with people's strengths Saints.

aren't we counting Gresh and Billings and Dunstan. Even Clark played 15 last year. Paddy basically was picked everytime he was a available. Constable Myers didnt play a game at Geelong last year.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree.
Scrappy crap and painful to watch.
Tempted to scratch my own eyes out every week.

So much emphasis on fitness & structures that the players have become robotic athletes instead of natural footballers.

The Swans ruined footy in the mid noughties & as much as we all hate the Cats they were the games saviour.

Not many teams play an exciting brand of footy. I think I’m gonna jump on the Giants bandwagon come finals time.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
So much emphasis on fitness & structures that the players have become robotic athletes instead of natural footballers.

The Swans ruined footy in the mid noughties & as much as we all hate the Cats they were the games saviour.

Not many teams play an exciting brand of footy. I think I’m gonna jump on the Giants bandwagon come finals time.

Why not us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back