Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why could West Coast have started the weekend right and thrashed the Injectors by ~14 goals? They had by my count at least a dozen out of bounds shots too. A very strange game to watch.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Hope this doesn't give Security firms licence to 'profile' employees on "australianess", migrants have to earn a living too.

I suppose it would be weird standing a few feet away from two blokes beating the s**t out of each other and doing nothing. Must be a crazy job really. Not for me, that's for sure.

Hope this doesn't give Security firms licence to 'profile' employees on "australianess", migrants have to earn a living too.

I suppose it would be weird standing a few feet away from two blokes beating the **** out of each other and doing nothing. Must be a crazy job really. Not for me, that's for sure.

Of course they can, that's what a Job interview is.
People spend 15 minutes with you and "profile" you, then wonder if you can do the job.
As long as they aren't weeding out their interviews based on "names" or appearance.

I used to hate it in the 80's that some Greek guy had a Job doing the train announcements at Flinders street. His accent was way worse than Franco Cozzo.
Yes he had the need and rights to get a job. But just as i don't qualify for a job as a Chinese translator, he didn't qualify for that job.
It was actually racist to employ him. As an Austalian, English as a first language speaker, with a few greek friends, i could make out what he was saying.
The Vietnamese guy next to me was simply looking confused.
It was racist against other people who spoke English as a second language, to employ that guy as an announcer.

Essendon self reporting was a bit like.

"We would like to self report, that we have been busted for cheating with drugs, and that because we are totally caught out and all the authorities already know about it, we would like to say we are shocked that we have just discovered that we have done this and we have no idea how it happened , however if you try to punish us in any way we will take you to court "

Bit like being caught with a knife in your hands , with the blade in someones back, surrounded by the swat team saying, "uhhh I'll confess if i get a lighter sentence "

Ekomaira

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
anyone remember a mark, think it was in the 90s, where a player marked it and landed on his neck and like rolled over on his neck

I think it might have been Ang Christou but I'm not sure and it's doing my head in

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel
anyone remember a mark, think it was in the 90s, where a player marked it and landed on his neck and like rolled over on his neck

I think it might have been Ang Christou but I'm not sure and it's doing my head in

Silvagni over Starcevich

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Buddy done with a hamstring - may push his 300th out to our game
Isn’t that 10 weeks away? Strange that the best coach over the last 15 years can’t win with an ordinary side. Still need players however good you are. Changing our coach seems to be to make supporters feel better. Doubt it helps our side unless we get better players.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Isn’t that 10 weeks away? Strange that the best coach over the last 15 years can’t win with an ordinary side. Still need players however good you are. Changing our coach seems to be to make supporters feel better. Doubt it helps our side unless we get better players.
Disingenuous plugger, imo no you can’t win most weeks without the players but you seem to be implying they don’t make any difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Disingenuous plugger, imo no you can’t win most weeks without the players but you seem to be implying they don’t make any difference.

They make a lot less difference than having good players. Clarko is the best coach for many a year yet the hawks are playing like crap with very little injuries compared to us. A good team will be better with a great coach. An ordinary side will still be ordinary with a great coach.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
cheers for the reply mate but I don't think that's the one I remember! still an awesome mark though, and also towards the end of that video how did Andrew Walker not win mark of the year with that over our boy Jakey. crazy

Yeah honestly I think it's one of the best marks I've seen. Up there with moorcroft in terms of height, hang time and style.

Poor snakes been a step ladder a few times. Which is pretty impressive considering he's 200cm himself.

Yeah, that sounds right to me.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah, that sounds right to me.
Nah it was Trout's only other competition for worst recruiter in recent history....SOS with a hanger over Starcevitch!
Then his gangly body enabled him to do a quality Sideshow Bob landing head rolling underneath him!

They still haven't found his brain!

Nah it was Trout's only other competition for worst recruiter in recent history....SOS with a hanger over Starcevitch!
Then his gangly body enabled him to do a quality Sideshow Bob landing head rolling underneath him!

They still haven't found his brain!

I reckon there was one where Christou smashed head first into the ground from a mark too.

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hope we made an offer to Matera in the last few years, was pretty obvious he was capable of way more than what he was showing at Gold Coast. Killing it at Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back