Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember him ever playing a game like that. Do you know what game it was?

WCE have backed in their development system when it comes to rucks now. They're not after big names or sought after players. More give us someone we can work with and well extract something out of them. It's the complete opposite to the longer method.
There's been a couple, the one that comes to mind is our opening game a few years ago against Port. He had over 50 hit-outs and 20+ touches.

Edit: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6178

There was another in 2016: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6314

Yeap alot of the 19 behinds were rushed or sprayed type kicks too.

Was the most one sided game I've seen in a while. To our credit we've never put out a performance like that.
Did anyone see any of the WA Derby?
Freo: seriously? 2 goals and 19 behinds? Really?

StJHD

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
FMD just saw Cunnington hit on Gresham. I didnt see game but defended Ziebell from abuse because seemed he just hit within rules. Hit to hurt, no problem, I want my players to do the same. Cunnington was metres from the footy, no reason to engage, punch in the belly. Apparently is 3rd time without a suspension? I was there when BHall floored Goose in the guts 150 metres from the ball, completely changed that prelim. If AFL are serious about stamping hits off the ball out it is minimum 1 week for every act like this, Hall should have got 2. If Cunnington / Ablett hits are now allowed, where is the disincentive? Bring back Lazar and Carl!

StJHD

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
FMD just saw Cunnington hit on Gresham. I didnt see game but defended Ziebell from abuse because seemed he just hit within rules. Hit to hurt, no problem, I want my players to do the same. Cunnington was metres from the footy, no reason to engage, punch in the belly. Apparently is 3rd time without a suspension? I was there when BHall floored Goose in the guts 150 metres from the ball, completely changed that prelim. If AFL are serious about stamping hits off the ball out it is minimum 1 week for every act like this, Hall should have got 2. If Cunnington / Ablett hits are now allowed, where is the disincentive? Bring back Lazar and Carl!
Proud of Clark, Gresh and any others who didn't flinch. Think it was Lenny who got poleaxed in his first game...he didnt win brownlow votes that day but he was rarely bossed in a physical confrontation in hundreds of games after that.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Haha how did it change the prelim? Happened in the first quarter and we were leading at 3/4 time before an almighty choke in the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Hughy does well.
Felt sorry for him (and for us) how it turned out at the Saints.
He was considered as a potential number one at one stage, he was a big 'slider' when we got him.

Our “bookends” certainly struck out.
Hope he does well.

Our “bookends” certainly struck out.
Hope he does well.
Yes.
354902.jpg

Goes to show you just never know whats around the corner and how things will pan out.

Hi Sainters.

Pardon the intrusion from a Doggie. As you probably know (sick of hearing?!) we're celebrating the Club's survival since fighting the AFL in 1989 this week.

Just wanted to say that I've never forgotten the older Saints woman crossing Barkly St heading toward the WO for the fightback rally. She had her Saints scarf on & my dad was so surprised to see her and thanked her for her support. She said "If we don't stop this, we'll be next!".

So thanks and god bless her wherever she is now - the Saints are always part of my fightback memories because of her.

We do appear to be kicking the ball from a mile away.
Very little in that 9M-15m mark.
Most teams are similar funnily enough.

We do however take a lot of shots on either pocket - making our angle a lot more difficult and probably resulting in why we miss so many - which is also most likely a product of our game plan, we tend to go wide a hell of a lot.

We do however take a lot of shots on either pocket - making our angle a lot more difficult and probably resulting in why we miss so many - which is also most likely a product of our game plan, we tend to go wide a hell of a lot.
I've got no idea why we are allergic to using the corridor.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda

It’s absolutely part of the gameplan to go long to the pocket - watch the majority of our forward entries, especially any that target Acres. He ignores the space and runs direct to the pocket on a lead. Total madness

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Yes.
354902.jpg

Goes to show you just never know whats around the corner and how things will pan out.
Cursed selections - Paddy likely not to play again.

Hugh Goddard gets another chance today against Sydney - 2 nd qtr - stray elbow to the head - off to hospital for scans for a possible fractured cheekbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back