Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North have kicked 1.8 and they're still not the lowest scoring team tonight.

Mind boggling isn't it..........these type of events or should I say weekends are pretty rare.....GWS kicked their lowest score ever last night.

Tonight takes me back to the early 90's I think it was when Carlton had no goals at the Western Oval near the final siren....then they kicked one just before full time.

Bombers now 103 points down.

How on earth do you explain/make any sense of that.

Absolutely incredible.....and I thought last night was a mind blowing result.

What is truly amazing is that we're nearly 10 mins into the last 1/4 and both Roos and Dons have only kicked one goal.

I'll say it again......absolutely incredible.
Isn't it fantastic?

Mind boggling isn't it..........these type of events or should I say weekends are pretty rare.....GWS kicked their lowest score ever last night.

Tonight takes me back to the early 90's I think it was when Carlton had no goals at the Western Oval near the final siren....then they kicked one just before full time.
Kicked by a player who went on to be a star for us. Mark Arceri 😂!

Couldn’t help it, had to pop over to the Roos board for a quick look.
( Didn’t say anything because there are bans happening) but couldn’t resist this pearler from one of their posters....

“Can't wait for the clip of all our goal.”
🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt, pluggs, the Death Star will do everything to keep its bastard children alive. Much like the swines. Neither will be relocated, merged or folded.

Just as we were forced to endure 5 premierships between Brisbane and the swines, flags that were, in the main, obtained through unfair assistance from the league I get the feeling that Gill the dill, and whoever succeeds him, will move heaven and earth to ensure the dream is fulfilled.

I wonder how long it will be before we see the COLA introduced for both entities, as well as further PPs and Academy gifts? I would be happy to enter an agreement with HQ that ensured we were given exactly the same conditions, going forward, that they do.
Not a hope of that happening. We are one of the least important sides and unlike many here I see the importance of those sides surviving for us to survive. I think Gold Coast should have cola. The thing is it is hard for us to feel like it isn’t fair because for over a hundred years with 12 sides or less we won one flag. Our best era has been with the afl apart from that one flag. We have hurt ourselves as must as expansion has. If the choice is surviving and being terrible or merging or folding I’m going with being crap for the rest of my life. You lose it hurts for a day. You don’t play anymore it hurts everyday

Speaking of the Suns; Does anyone think we will ever get the real story about why they let Jarryd Lyons go.

******* bizzare list management call on him. Had to be something seriously wrong with his relationship with someone high up at the club.

He wanted to leave to play with his brother. They were happy for him to leave. Nothing sinister. Stupid but nothing sinister.

Not a hope of that happening. We are one of the least important sides and unlike many here I see the importance of those sides surviving for us to survive. I think Gold Coast should have cola. The thing is it is hard for us to feel like it isn’t fair because for over a hundred years with 12 sides or less we won one flag. Our best era has been with the afl apart from that one flag. We have hurt ourselves as must as expansion has. If the choice is surviving and being terrible or merging or folding I’m going with being crap for the rest of my life. You lose it hurts for a day. You don’t play anymore it hurts everyday

Genuinely the best post I've ever read on here. 100% true in every way.

“Can't wait for the clip of all our goal.”

Maybe the AFLhighlights package will show all their points kicked.

If I was a North supporter....I'd be absolutely shattered with that result.

Mind you....I remember all too well when we kicked a grand total of 3 goals against them in Tassie back in 2014.

It's amazing how everything can go to s1it so very very quickly.

2 weeks ago when Shaw was announced as head coach.....trumpets were sounding......it was all systems go at Arden st.

Then tonight.......ummmm.

Last edited:
Maybe the AFLhighlights package will show all their points kicked.

If I was a North supporter....I'd be absolutely shattered with that result.

Mind you....I remember all too well when we kicked a grand total of 3 goals against them in Tassie back in 2014.

It's amazing how everything can go to s1it so very very quickly.

2 weeks ago when Shaw was announced as head coach.....trumpets were sounding......it was all systems go at Arden st.

Since then....ummmm.
The Nth loss was bad , but we knew they didn't have much of a chance in Geelong , but getting beaten by the Dogs by 100 points is just soul destroying.
For a team that was being talked about being a big mover this year with all the big named players they have grabbed over the past few years and the put in that effort.

Call the cops, Gold Coast are being absolutely molested by the the Lions

Never mind that. How about the murder at Marvel?

He wanted to leave to play with his brother. They were happy for him to leave. Nothing sinister. Stupid but nothing sinister.

Surely if that's all there was too it then the Sun's go to Brisbane and ask to trade for little bro?

He would have cost next to nothing!

If my team was in the finals I would be praying the Dogs don’t make it. They’ll do some damage if they do IMO. What a midfield.

Speaking of the Suns; Does anyone think we will ever get the real story about why they let Jarryd Lyons go.

******* bizzare list management call on him. Had to be something seriously wrong with his relationship with someone high up at the club.

They sold off a heap of good players all at once. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Some real spankings handing out this weekend: GWS, Gold Coat, Essendon and North all on the receiving end of heavy defeats.

Is North's 14 points the lowest in AFL history? Incredible, it's actually an achievement to be that bad 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back