Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont accept being mediocre. Something we should do as well.
It's true sadly!
Our history of failure has slowly seeped it's way through to the supporter base
Over the years not surprisingly, and to the media in general to do with expectation!

In the case of the fans the years of disappointment and frustration appear to have
Conditioned us to deal with it all in almost cynical acceptance of the status quo!
But still the character and passion for the club remains like no ordinary sporting club
And we the loyal army will be up and about strutting around like glorious peacocks
Given just a hint of some success!

The worst and most damning acceptance of our fate year in year out has come from
The club itself traditionally! But i'm sniffing a changing in the winds with what's coming
Out of the joint just in the last 12 months or so and i am still ever hopeful we can find the
Fire and ruthless pursuit of excellence required for us to finally scale this huge f###ing mountain!

Still remains to be seen, but my special Malaka senses are telling me we are building the right foundations
methodically putting the right people in place for us to be equipped with being able to deal with hopefully
The inevitable success that comes our way should all the recruiting dominoes fall into place, and this next group
Both on and off the field will have the unflinching desire needed to achieve what we all crave!

Just had some info that maybe Jack Lonie is in a little bit of trouble from the end of year celebrations , iv got my hounds onto the story , more to follow or maybe not
Apparently got into a punch up and came off second best

And yes im back by the way . Ive over all the other stuff and just needed a few weeks break to get back to normal . It has been a long season i guess lol. Now we look forward to the draft and trade periods , always the best time of year to be on this site , wasnt going to miss out this year lol.

Just had some info that maybe Jack Lonie is in a little bit of trouble from the end of year celebrations , iv got my hounds onto the story , more to follow or maybe not

ouch

It's true sadly!
Our history of failure has slowly seeped it's way through to the supporter base
Over the years not surprisingly, and to the media in general to do with expectation!

In the case of the fans the years of disappointment and frustration appear to have
Conditioned us to deal with it all in almost cynical acceptance of the status quo!
But still the character and passion for the club remains like no ordinary sporting club
And we the loyal army will be up and about strutting around like glorious peacocks
Given just a hint of some success!

The worst and most damning acceptance of our fate year in year out has come from
The club itself traditionally! But i'm sniffing a changing in the winds with what's coming
Out of the joint just in the last 12 months or so and i am still ever hopeful we can find the
Fire and ruthless pursuit of excellence required for us to finally scale this huge f###ing mountain!

Still remains to be seen, but my special Malaka senses are telling me we are building the right foundations
methodically putting the right people in place for us to be equipped with being able to deal with hopefully
The inevitable success that comes our way should all the recruiting dominoes fall into place, and this next group
Both on and off the field will have the unflinching desire needed to achieve what we all crave!

Yep, it's conditioning. We are so used to losing so replace it with getting excited by a new batch of lemons that we bring in every year that we start jigging when they play more than 20 games before de-listing them. We celebrate our terrible administrators who * things up like they are the elite players they fail to draft.

Last year was better than the ones before but we have to keep drafting. I think we will come to the realisation next year that we are 5 years behind where we thought we were. I reckon we are a bottom 4 list and will go backwards in the short term. The good news is we have 4 or 5 good players to build on which is a better base to work off. We should realise next year that we are going to have to draft our guns and in 2021 we should start to see a few mids drafted in. At that point we have a chance at building for a premiership instead of keeping our head above water.

Well the shin bones can be quite hard - the little fella probably broke both hands :eek:

Yep, it's conditioning. We are so used to losing so replace it with getting excited by a new batch of lemons that we bring in every year that we start jigging when they play more than 20 games before de-listing them. We celebrate our terrible administrators who fu** things up like they are the elite players they fail to draft.

Last year was better than the ones before but we have to keep drafting. I think we will come to the realisation next year that we are 5 years behind where we thought we were. I reckon we are a bottom 4 list and will go backwards in the short term. The good news is we have 4 or 5 good players to build on which is a better base to work off. We should realise next year that we are going to have to draft our guns and in 2021 we should start to see a few mids drafted in. At that point we have a chance at building for a premiership instead of keeping our head above water.
Hear what your saying man, and philosophically you are on the right course!
But as we stand, we are sort of caught between a rock and a hard place
Don't agree that we are a bottom 4 list or that we are 5 years behind where we need to be!

Personally think we are not that far off it with the right ins and outs! As to what and who they are is open to conjecture!
Your absolutely right that we unfortunately have a sh!t hand in this years draft, so we have to do something left field to get
Maximum value for our buck. Sadly it appears we will have to give up a player or two of value to get what we need in!
But that's the price we pay for sitting on our hands for too long!

This off season will prove defining either way for where we are tracking for the next decade. We must get it right!
If this season's draft is as weak as some suggest, maybe this is the year for us to take some big risks!
If it were me i would not be trading Bruce unless we get a ridiculous offer. Stuv is probably gone so we need to get
Highest value we can for him, if Geelong want him that bad then they can give us a 1st rounder or Constable plus
A second or third back. Starting to come around to trading Snake IF we can get a suitable suitor prepared to offer
Substantial reward in return.

Know you won't like this man, but i would be entertaining offloading Ross in order to get in all the names we need
To take the next step. This is where Gubby will need to work some magic and justify his hype!
Short term losses and pain= Stuv, Carlisle and Ross with some additional shopping around of the likes of
Sinclair, Lonie and the free agency compo for Newnes suddenly gives some bargaining power!

The all important Ins will shape our side for the next decade to go with some very promising youngsters already
Within our midst!
If we can pull of these ins we will be in a strong position to make an assault and quite quickly imo!

They are.....Ben King, Hill, Constable, Ah Chee or Tucker and Ryder on the cheap plus still being able to draft in
A decent mid with our highest pick left, would improve our list profile significantly and give Ratten and co
Plenty to work with for our rise up the ladder!
Big No's for me are Crouch, Tomlinson ( i know he is a FA but will take away compo for Newnes ) Jones and the wrong Kelly!

Just my 2 cents worth! Either way we must act now or forever be mired in mediocrity!
Keep the faith Gringo!

Hear what your saying man, and philosophically you are on the right course!
But as we stand, we are sort of caught between a rock and a hard place
Don't agree that we are a bottom 4 list or that we are 5 years behind where we need to be!

Personally think we are not that far off it with the right ins and outs! As to what and who they are is open to conjecture!
Your absolutely right that we unfortunately have a sh!t hand in this years draft, so we have to do something left field to get
Maximum value for our buck. Sadly it appears we will have to give up a player or two of value to get what we need in!
But that's the price we pay for sitting on our hands for too long!

This off season will prove defining either way for where we are tracking for the next decade. We must get it right!
If this season's draft is as weak as some suggest, maybe this is the year for us to take some big risks!
If it were me i would not be trading Bruce unless we get a ridiculous offer. Stuv is probably gone so we need to get
Highest value we can for him, if Geelong want him that bad then they can give us a 1st rounder or Constable plus
A second or third back. Starting to come around to trading Snake IF we can get a suitable suitor prepared to offer
Substantial reward in return.

Know you won't like this man, but i would be entertaining offloading Ross in order to get in all the names we need
To take the next step. This is where Gubby will need to work some magic and justify his hype!
Short term losses and pain= Stuv, Carlisle and Ross with some additional shopping around of the likes of
Sinclair, Lonie and the free agency compo for Newnes suddenly gives some bargaining power!

The all important Ins will shape our side for the next decade to go with some very promising youngsters already
Within our midst!
If we can pull of these ins we will be in a strong position to make an assault and quite quickly imo!

They are.....Ben King, Hill, Constable, Ah Chee or Tucker and Ryder on the cheap plus still being able to draft in
A decent mid with our highest pick left, would improve our list profile significantly and give Ratten and co
Plenty to work with for our rise up the ladder!
Big No's for me are Crouch, Tomlinson ( i know he is a FA but will take away compo for Newnes ) Jones and the wrong Kelly!

Just my 2 cents worth! Either way we must act now or forever be mired in mediocrity!
Keep the faith Gringo!

I think we could have good year and scrape into finals but we are a long way off being a threat.

I reckon the opposite with trade outs for similar players. It's totally counter productive unless it's for significant upgrades. I still don't think we have any plan in place. We are part rebuilding, part going for finals next year. We are trading out players based on players who aren't even at the club yet etc. I just wish the AFL had got us some experienced footy operations people instead of Lethers and co. We have the poo squad who are all outcasts, Brisbane got serious operators in their bloodless coup.

And yes im back by the way . Ive over all the other stuff and just needed a few weeks break to get back to normal . It has been a long season i guess lol. Now we look forward to the draft and trade periods , always the best time of year to be on this site , wasnt going to miss out this year lol.

Great to see you back BT.

Often wondered during the season where you were until I read your post saying that you needed a break form the "goings on" in here.

Sounds like Lonie literally every time the other team gave away a free in our forward 50....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive just done my report on each of the players this season in the players board . Just my opinion of course , each one is pretty short . Would like some views about your favorite Saints players seasons so i can see if anyone agrees with me lol, probably not hahaha .

Anyone know if Plugger66 is ok.
I heard that he's out in the park feeding and arguing with the ducks in the pond.

P: You do know that Ryder has to be on the field at some stage? Which player would you have on the bench while Ryder's rucking?

D: quack

P: yeah, but which Jack?

D: quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack

P: put me on ignore if you don't like it.

Caught on film 😱

f5aczt.jpg

On the AFL site , the review of the Saints season , im pretty sure they gave us a D or D- , but Freo won the same amount of games as us and got a C , WTF ?
Freo beat a fair few top 8 teams this year, had some stinkers but certainly showed what they are capable of, whilst we beat 1 top 8 side (Essendon) and lost to every side bar CG. D was generous imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back