No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you maybe. Richmond were s**t for almost half the decade. We were s**t last year. I never understood your Horse hate but I don't need to.

Who hates horse? I don’t know him

New decade is starting now

Do you take 1 flag and miss finals 1 time

Or 2 flags and miss finals even every other year

I’ll take the 2 flags thanks

That’s why we play

If rating Richmond ahead is horse hate then you are nuts

Let’s be real we were rubbish 2018 and poor in finals 2011 2013 2015 2017

2 flags your are remembered for every day of the week before making up numbers

Yep look at the 2000s lions get team of the decade and they were rubbish by the end

That’s why we play

It's all about flags, not participation medals.

I think we'll be in the wilderness a few seasons but by 2023 we'll have his young talent in their peak career age and Buddy off the books. Could have a very good run after that.

Just piggy-backing onto the above debate, I think Horse officially lost his ‘second-best coach of the decade’ title on the 28th of September 2019, when Hardwick won one more flag than him.

Third is still impressive for Horse but let’s not kid ourselves, flags > everything else.

It's all about flags, not participation medals.

I think we'll be in the wilderness a few seasons but by 2023 we'll have his young talent in their peak career age and Buddy off the books. Could have a very good run after that.

And if we are s**t for four years then win 2 flags at the tail end of the decade that would be a great period

Just piggy-backing onto the above debate, I think Horse officially lost his ‘second-best coach of the decade’ title on the 28th of September 2019, when Hardwick won one more flag than him.

Third is still impressive for Horse but let’s not kid ourselves, flags > everything else.

This

He is still up in the top few of the decade

But it’s flags first

What's interesting in this article below is despite the young lad being way down the draft pecking order...neither he nor his parents were keen to go outside of Vic.

This is the reality we have to deal with and why we need more players chosen from NSW & Qld

Yet Hardwick was a laughing stock for a long period of time which Horse never was. It shows how much has to go right to win a flag.

Maybe so, but will history remember Hardwick as the laughing stock that he was for several years or as a coach who oversaw a potential dynasty? Methinks it will be the latter.

What's interesting in this article below is despite the young lad being way down the draft pecking order...neither he nor his parents were keen to go outside of Vic.

This is the reality we have to deal with and why we need more players chosen from NSW & Qld

I don't think people outside NSW & Qld realise how much it undermines the draft system if players aren't keen to leave their home state.

If you enter the draft, you have to be willing to play anywhere IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s why we play

Probably got to do with your constant criticism (which you are perfectly entitled to) of Horse and your amazing ability to take a discussion about "best team of the decade" and throw in a "longmires fan club" jab and then an unsupported claim about him "s**t(ing) the bed so often".

... Probably. But that's juts my guess.

Probably got to do with your constant criticism (which you are perfectly entitled to) of Horse and your amazing ability to take a discussion about "best team of the decade" and throw in a "longmires fan club" jab and then an unsupported claim about him "s**t(ing) the bed so often".

... Probably. But that's juts my guess.

It’s a well supported opinion outside of the blind witnesses here

If we haven’t s**t the bed with the talent we had under horse then I’ll go hey

I’ll wait til 2024 or whenever our next coach comes and everyone else comes around

But if criticism is hatred then ok I hate him

If we haven’t s**t the bed with the talent we had under horse then I’ll go hey

I’ll wait til 2024 or whenever our next coach comes and everyone else comes around

But if criticism is hatred then ok I hate him
You're saying it, not me. I'm just pointing out why some may feel like going on the defensive &/or think you have an agenda.

I do not care one way or the other who you like/don't like or the reasons why. It honestly doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

What support have you, at any point, given to that opinion?

You say the game plan is s**t but you can't describe it and duck and dive whenever you're asked to. You say he played too defensive in games but can't provide examples of it. You repeat the same points about players being misused and stop posting whenever someone provides a counterpoint. You constantly spam negative one-liners across endless threads and don't back up any of it. Put up or stop ******* sooking about people being blind because only one perspective has been supported with anything other than opinions.

Last edited:
What support have you, at any point, given to that opinion?

You say the game plan is s**t but you can't describe it and duck and dive whenever you're asked to. You say he played too defensive in games but can't provide examples of it. You repeat the same points about players being misused and stop posting whenever someone provides a counterpoint. You constantly spam negative one-liners across endless threads and don't back up any of it. Put up or stop ******* sooking about people being blind because only one perspective has been supported with anything other than opinions.
He can give his own opinion the same as you can !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back