No Opposition Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Chaisa

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Why is booing so controversial all of a sudden? Are AFL people so insular that they don't realise that it happens in every sport and there's really nothing wrong with it? WTF? I should feel sorry for some millionaire religious fanatic because he can't handle a few boos from the crowd??? Get real
My guess - it's the AFL learning the wrong lessons of the Goodes booing, thinking it was about general abuse because they didn't like him when it was vastly more complex than that. Accordingly they're overcompensating.

Though Ablett seems to be handling it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Last year Melbourne were the best team to watch, now they just make footy look really really hard

Great to see Rioli involved, I may have got a bit emotional when Brad Green and his kids came out

AFL Club
Sydney
Last year Melbourne were the best team to watch, now they just make footy look really really hard

Great to see Rioli involved, I may have got a bit emotional when Brad Green and his kids came out
They were great to watch if on their terms, they were terrible otherwise.

The new rules have not helped them as they loved playing 1 or 2 extra in defense at centre bounces to create that run they do well.

Kirkswan

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Melbourne have been terrible, but I haven't thought that much of the Pies either tbh... I'm thinking the pies aren't as good as i thought they were, just a bit better than all the rest in a poor year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chaisa

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
The Bigfooty classic 'where is club X at' threads have popped up in recent weeks but none related to Sydney. Guess a lot of people know we are rebuilding I guess. Even the team admits it.
The Round 10 limit helped in fairness, we’ve been better from being 1-6.

EDIT: it also helps we were so ordinary in 2018 despite playing finals. It’s not really like a Melbourne situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom