Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
He is one of the best ever and still a superstar in his very last year, but he retired in 2015. How can he be the best of the decade if he retired half way through it?
Oh, so you have to play 10 years? What about the best of all time arguments...isn’t the criteria the same, or do the have a lifespan too?

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Walking to my car I only looked at Collingwood supporter's faces as I couldn't face any happy people from either team.
I'm home safe now listening to some talk back on SEN for the lols.
Thank you Collingwood supporters.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
He is one of the best ever and still a superstar in his very last year, but he retired in 2015. How can he be the best of the decade if he retired half way through it?
How can you be one of the best ever if you don’t play any more then? Your logic is skewed, I could play for 9 years and win 9 Brownlows but because I didn’t play the 10th I’m irrelevant?

How can you be one of the best ever if you don’t play any more then? Your logic is skewed, I could play for 9 years and win 9 Brownlows but because I didn’t play the 10th I’m irrelevant?
Goodes vs Selwood this decade (since that was what started this debate)

2011 - Goodes All Australian and B&F, Selwood premiership player
2012 - Selwood AFLPA most courageous player, 14 Brownlow votes to Goodes' 2, Goodes premiership player
2013 - Selwood All Australian captain, AFLPA most courageous player, B&F winner, AFLPA best captain
2014 - Selwood All Australian captain, AFLPA most courageous player, B&F winner
2015 - Selwood had 13 Brownlow votes to Goodes' 1
2016 - Selwood All Australian captain, Goodes not even playing
2017 - Selwood All Australian, Goodes not even playing
2018 - Selwood averaged 27 disposals and had 14 Brownlow votes, Goodes not even playing
2019 - Selwood, Goodes not even playing
2020 - Selwood unless he spends the entire year injured

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Goodes vs Selwood this decade (since that was what started this debate)

2011 - Goodes All Australian and B&F, Selwood premiership player
2012 - Selwood AFLPA most courageous player, 14 Brownlow votes to Goodes' 2, Goodes premiership player
2013 - Selwood All Australian captain, AFLPA most courageous player, B&F winner, AFLPA best captain
2014 - Selwood All Australian captain, AFLPA most courageous player, B&F winner
2015 - Selwood had 13 Brownlow votes to Goodes' 1
2016 - Selwood All Australian captain, Goodes not even playing
2017 - Selwood All Australian, Goodes not even playing
2018 - Selwood averaged 27 disposals and had 14 Brownlow votes, Goodes not even playing
2019 - Selwood, Goodes not even playing
2020 - Selwood unless he spends the entire year injured
Not a pissing contest to judge who’s better though is it? The relevance here is that Goodes is part of the decade.

Not a pissing contest to judge who’s better though is it? The relevance here is that Goodes is part of the decade.

not even Mrs goodes would nominate him for player of the decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back