No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine if...(insert name of player who never played for us here) it’s about as relevant.

Borderline obsession.

not really, two players we could easily have had (had still)wether people like it or not
regardless some links to the club

but you will get 20 likes for that :p

Why worpel? other clubs passed on him to not exclusive to us like Dunkley was.

Because he was exactly what we needed at the end of 2017 (and desperately need now!) and we took THREE players before him.

Just because the Dunkley mistake was purely ours to make, doesn't make the Worpel non-selection any better a mistake.

Because he was exactly what we needed at the end of 2017 (and desperately need now!) and we took THREE players before him.

Just because the Dunkley mistake was purely ours to make, doesn't make the Worpel non-selection any better a mistake.

if you were in the team meetings and they ignored you then sure

They did ignore me. And they did it again last year with ******* Sydney Stack.

So did 16 other clubs in both cases. Just because we overlook someone doesn't mean we would've got the same player as development has different outcomes between clubs due to circumstances that most wouldn't even think of. Stack might not of settled in Sydney like he did at Richmond and Worpel might only now be getting a game with us.

We might not of put the amount of effort into Stack that Richmond did to help him settle and he could be back in Perth already and Worpel is benefiting from Tom Mitchell breaking his leg and missing the year. What is to say he would've got the amount of gametime in the guts with us that he has at Hawthorn?

Its easy to say clubs miss players or stuff up the draft but you miss the point that the same player at a different club under a different system might struggle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did 16 other clubs in both cases. Just because we overlook someone doesn't mean we would've got the same player as development has different outcomes between clubs due to circumstances that most wouldn't even think of. Stack might not of settled in Sydney like he did at Richmond and Worpel might only now be getting a game with us.

We might not of put the amount of effort into Stack that Richmond did to help him settle and he could be back in Perth already and Worpel is benefiting from Tom Mitchell breaking his leg and missing the year. What is to say he would've got the amount of gametime in the guts with us that he has at Hawthorn?

Its easy to say clubs miss players or stuff up the draft but you miss the point that the same player at a different club under a different system might struggle

Still a mistake. It's a mistake every club made, and one we definitely made. Worpel had all the makings of a gun throughout his entire U18s, and he fell right in the year where our midfield started to show it was on the decline. I just don't think our radar was right at all.

I’m actually kind of sad that Roughy has retired, one of the good guys in footy.

Every other club bar Hawthorn f’ed that one. The boy from Winch can play!

I wish I could credit Hawthorn's recruiting staff's brilliance on that one, but any club silly enough to get themselves into the draft at number 45, and come away with the best player of the lot is not brilliant. They're just ******* lucky!

I wish I could credit Hawthorn's recruiting staff's brilliance on that one, but any club silly enough to get themselves into the draft at number 45, and come away with the best player of the lot is not brilliant. They're just ******* lucky!

hes not the best of the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back