No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
If Clarkson hasn't won a final since 2015(?) why is he better than other coaches? Bought in some talent that we can't afford, lots of premiership heroes still playing. Odd. Game plan not that exciting, ie boring.

If Clarkson hasn't won a final since 2015(?) why is he better than other coaches? Bought in some talent that we can't afford, lots of premiership heroes still playing. Odd. Game plan not that exciting, ie boring.

Hes won 4 premierships

not many have done that

we took his best player and he won another 2 flags

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Mitchell, O'Meara, Scully. Can't have them all.

Because of his past record.

but past records shouldn't matter

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Hes won 4 premierships

not many have done that

we took his best player and he won another 2 flags
Whats he done in the last 4 though, game plan has changed,that's why Horse is old news, what has Clarkson done, ******* nothing while bringing in a grade players to replace a grade players. Clarkson playing the same game plan he did 5 years ago. WCE play our game plan from years ago, two talls, two rucks, Jetta is Mal, etc etc. Brisbane play the same but they are young. It's a winning plan with the right players at the right time in their development.

Whats he done in the last 4 though, game plan has changed,that's why Horse is old news, what has Clarkson done, ******* nothing while bringing in a grade players to replace a grade players. Clarkson playing the same game plan he did 5 years ago. WCE play our game plan from years ago, two talls, two rucks, Jetta is Mal, etc etc. Brisbane play the same but they are young. It's a winning plan with the right players at the right time in their development.

well ok only count 4 years? yep clarko has only finished higher than horse 2 of those 4 years coming off his three peat

but horse is better because reasons or some rubbish about gameplans? horse hasnt tinkered with the game style ever

he would be playing the same 22 if they didnt breakdown

if you think Clarkson isnt as good as horse thats your opinion

i think it sounds like swans coach best coach is the arguement

id trade horse for clarko in a heartbeat , horse would probably agree with that

i guess we will see how horse tracks the first four years after a threepeat then compare

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
cola was out in 2017

Roos built the list, longmire inherited it

who was on tne hawks list when clarko took over, ill give you crawford, give me the rest of the good players

im just suggestion there are currently 4 coaches better than him right now

he did finish lower than all of them so not sure why its unreasonable
Hodge, Sewell and Mitchell isn't a bad way to start along with newly drafted Roughead Franklin and Lewis.

2008 premiership players Ladson Brown William's Campbell Croad Osbourne and Bateman.

that was the list he inherited

With regards to cola, we were given a trade ban from 2014 when it was phased out, so he's had the same cap as everyone else for recruitment since October 2014, and at the same time not being able to recruit anyone until October 2016.

Out of curiosity do you think that Roos was lucky to inherit the list Rodney Eade left him?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Because of his past record.

but past records shouldn't matter
Horse hasn't missed a final as head coach till this year, from an inter state club, playing away half the year, against a team playing on their home ground in the grannie. 2014 GF inexcusable, 2016 we weren't winning no matter what. 3 gf appearances this decade alone, that's ******* unbelievable, not to mention, trade ban etc etc,blah blah blah but Horse is somehow a s**t coach. Every time you ask the pro s**t coach posters to point out his tactical deficiencies they can't, they throw it back and ask what should he have done and never actually talk tactics. Anywho, apparently till Horse goes we're ****ed, we're going to play the same game plan, and ? keep losing like we've always done.

Hodge, Sewell and Mitchell isn't a bad way to start along with newly drafted Roughead Franklin and Lewis.

2008 premiership players Ladson Brown William's Campbell Croad Osbourne and Bateman.

that was the list he inherited

With regards to cola, we were given a trade ban from 2014 when it was phased out, so he's had the same cap as everyone else for recruitment since October 2014, and at the same time not being able to recruit anyone until October 2016.

Out of curiosity do you think that Roos was lucky to inherit the list Rodney Eade left him?

he inherited a bunch of kids had they played 50 games yet

roos pissed off a lot of old players when he started, Dunkley and kelly for a start, i remember fixter and okeefe getting games finally, schwass lockett goimg too in that first year mid season, what did he inherit

longmire took over a team that missed finals once under the last coach in what 8 years including a flag, hows that the same as what Roos got or clarko got

Horse hasn't missed a final as head coach till this year, from an inter state club, playing away half the year, against a team playing on their home ground in the grannie. 2014 GF inexcusable, 2016 we weren't winning no matter what. 3 gf appearances this decade alone, that's ******* unbelievable, not to mention, trade ban etc etc,blah blah blah but Horse is somehow a s**t coach. Every time you ask the pro s**t coach posters to point out his tactical deficiencies they can't, they throw it back and ask what should he have done and never actually talk tactics. Anywho, apparently till Horse goes we're f’ed, we're going to play the same game plan, and ? keep losing like we've always done.

Won't get any arguments from me. I am far from Horse's biggest fan but there is some moving of the goalposts here re why Horse is not a good coach.

Horse hasn't missed a final as head coach till this year, from an inter state club, playing away half the year, against a team playing on their home ground in the grannie. 2014 GF inexcusable, 2016 we weren't winning no matter what. 3 gf appearances this decade alone, that's ******* unbelievable, not to mention, trade ban etc etc,blah blah blah but Horse is somehow a s**t coach. Every time you ask the pro s**t coach posters to point out his tactical deficiencies they can't, they throw it back and ask what should he have done and never actually talk tactics. Anywho, apparently till Horse goes we're f’ed, we're going to play the same game plan, and ? keep losing like we've always done.

lol throwing the toys out of the cot because horse isnt the best
your breakdown of clarkos tactics is below but you thinm others dont break horse down to your satisfaction

"what has Clarkson done, ******* nothing while bringing in a grade players to replace a grade players. Clarkson playing the same game plan he did 5 years ago."

ok horse hasnt done s**t, changed nothing same as 5 years ago

that better

Won't get any arguments from me. I am far from Horse's biggest fan but there is some moving of the goalposts here re why Horse is not a good coach.

who said he was s**t

its only me saying anything

i said currently imo he is the 5th best coach in the comp

is he higher?

all that happens here is you dare suggest horse has a deficiency or some other clubs coach is better and we here how tough horse has it like the monty python sketch where they lived in a shoebox in poverty and that you must be saying he is s**t

he is a good coach, just theres no clear cut absolute that he is the best, its not unreasonable to suggest he isnt the best

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
well ok only count 4 years? yep clarko has only finished higher than horse 2 of those 4 years coming off his three peat

but horse is better because reasons or some rubbish about gameplans? horse hasnt tinkered with the game style ever

he would be playing the same 22 if they didnt breakdown

if you think Clarkson isnt as good as horse thats your opinion

i think it sounds like swans coach best coach is the arguement

id trade horse for clarko in a heartbeat , horse would probably agree with that

i guess we will see how horse tracks the first four years after a threepeat then compare
Replace Horse with anyone,I don't care. FFS, missed finals this year in how many? In a non AFL state! No cola to negioate guys moving north, trade ban. After the non success of our team for so long over its history, and given the restrictions placed on our club I find it extradionary we have done as well as we have.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
he inherited a bunch of kids had they played 50 games yet

roos pi**ed off a lot of old players when he started, Dunkley and kelly for a start, i remember fixter and okeefe getting games finally, schwass lockett goimg too in that first year mid season, what did he inherit

longmire took over a team that missed finals once under the last coach in what 8 years including a flag, hows that the same as what Roos got or clarko got
Roos inherited a team that missed finals twice in 7 years including the year he took over as care taker, that team included
Barry Fosdike Bolton LRT Goodes Hall O'loughlin Schneider Matthew's Kirk

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
your breakdown of clarkos tactics is below but you thinm others dont break horse down to your satisfaction

"what has Clarkson done, ******* nothing while bringing in a grade players to replace a grade players. Clarkson playing the same game plan he did 5 years ago."

that better
Ha, seriously, watch some games, tactics wise. If you want to debate anything strayegically I'd love to. I seriously would.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

that better
For instance, why was Mcinerney running around all game as a sweeper when after 2 quarters we weren't going to win so why not change tact? Was it an instruction from Horse because we are thinking about next year or was it just bad coaching by Laidler. Horse and Blakey were there, what's going on?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Whats your thoughts on Horse as a coach, tactically?

Michaelg

Team Captain
May 18, 2003
Near Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney, The Mighty Bloods
Well far be it from me to have an opinion. There's nothing wrong with having pride in our great country and admiring the best POTUS in over half a century and who was democratically elected.

You're in the wrong place. The Hypocracy of the Left thread is in the Politics section.

What is hypocracy? Government by hypocrites?

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
They don't need an away strip those 2 have played each other for over 100 years and it's never been a problem and that's why one team wears white shorts.
It was alright back then when Tv's were black and white. But now we have color TV's and I have no idea where I am going with this. Just pointing out that you are old

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I found miggs post over at the Dogs. LOL. They hate the truth.

It’s a shame the umpires couldn’t carry you to a win today. They tried their hardest and couldn’t get it done. You’ll always have your fluke premiership though. Now back to irrelevance for the next 30 years where your club belongs
I can't believe they banned him for that :tearsofjoy:

We need a congratulations thread for Miggs when he comes back so everyone can show their appreciation of his efforts.

Last edited:
I can't believe they banned him for that :tearsofjoy:

We need a congratulations thread for Miggs when he comes back so everyone can show their appreciation of his efforts.

I also copped a ban. Simply offered commiserations to the fans, their Club and the 25 players who played.

I found miggs post over at the Dogs. LOL. They hate the truth.

It’s a shame the umpires couldn’t carry you to a win today. They tried their hardest and couldn’t get it done. You’ll always have your fluke premiership though. Now back to irrelevance for the next 30 years where your club belongs
I also copped a ban. Simply offered commiserations to the fans, their Club and the 25 players who played.
Very thin skinned the old doggies fans, or is it more that the truth hurts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back