No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil's dream granny is almost a formality now. I cant see the cats or giants getting up missing crucial personnel against rested home teams with crowd and umps fully behind them. Even if Toby gets off, losing Whitfield is a massive blow.
Wouldn't his dream granny have GWS winning it and the Pies or Richmond fans filling the stands? It won't happen now with Ward, Greene, Whitfield and probably Coniglio out. Pretty much an AA midfield absent.

None, and it was a farce of a decision by the AFL.

On the flip side, how many other clubs have benefited from the bidding process on academy players as much as us? We got Heeney for a ridiculously low pick. We totally manipulated the bidding system which was changed as a result of that to get Blakey and then get back in to the first round. That we even had the option to take the son of a 350 gamer from another club as an academy prospect at all was quite understandably frustrating to people from other clubs.

Swings and roundabouts.

I'm not saying that the AFL is always an impartial and fair organisation. It isn't. Much of the decision making that goes on at the top level appears to be knee-jerk over reactions without much consideration of longer term consequences (which in turn leads to more knee-jerk over reactions, etc. etc.). They are a reactive organisation that can't seem to stop incessantly meddling with its systems and rules. It is a breeding ground for inconsistency,

Every club will have examples of where the AFL was harsh on them, every club will have examples where they got away with something. That inconsistency is frustrating to all, but it is a sign not of a concious and concerted effort to target our club but rather the incompetence of those making the decisions.

You are generally better served assuming incompetence over malice when it comes to human errors. That is particularly the case when it comes to umpiring.

No, we got Heeney from another code after investing millions of dollars and years of hundreds of volunteers building AFL across this rugby league state, benefitting not only the Swans but also the game, the AFL, sponsorship and ultimately other clubs.
We got Blakey after he grew up with our club and participated in our academy and even then might have gone to another club simply because his father played elsewhere decades ago, a compromise in the draft that has favoured the powerful Victorian clubs for decades past and to come.
Every time we build a swing, the AFL smashes it with a roundabout for Victorians.
You are not saying that the AFL is impartial or fair because no one in their wildest imagination could make such an absurd suggestion.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love the spin on this article, Tigers have won their last 10 due to players returning from injury and form.

Which may very well be the case. But playing the last 7 matches on the G had no part at all?

I love the spin on this article, Tigers have won their last 10 due to players returning from injury and form.

Which may very well be the case. But playing the last 7 matches on the G had no part at all?
It’s called equalization Tick. Pump their tyres in the media about the winning streak due to the return of players but don’t mention the ground they played at...everyone knows that one cancels the other and boom...equal!

saw norfs greatest players ever

blight 6 wtf? bit low
What was the list? Off the top of my head the only three that might be better are Carey, Cable and Greig.

EDIT: Nevermind found it. Don't get Harvey over Blight. Aylett perhaps too but I don't know enough about him to say for sure. Cable wasn't even Top 10 which seems crazy to me.

What was the list? Off the top of my head the only three that might be better are Carey, Cable and Greig.

EDIT: Nevermind found it. Don't get Harvey over Blight. Aylett perhaps too but I don't know enough about him to say for sure. Cable wasn't even Top 10 which seems crazy to me.

Didn’t see them play including blight but based on history accolades stories standing etc

How’s Harvey above blight

Harvey has longevity that’s about it

Wouldn’t put him top 10 north in my lifetime

Didn’t see them play including blight but based on history accolades stories standing etc

How’s Harvey above blight

Harvey has longevity that’s about it

Wouldn’t put him top 10 north in my lifetime
Yeah Harvey's the only one I remember watching of that list, so I'm mostly going off how other people rated them.

Greene's appeal is underway.

I firmly believe the case should be thrown out but other than that, Greene getting off will make the atmosphere at this game even more electric. Plus without Whitfield GWS need Greene to have a shot. I think even without Whitfield they can beat Collingwood too but they need Greene in the side.

Greene was unable to satisfy the raking of his hand across face
It's official - Toby Greene will NOT play in Saturday's preliminary final. The AFL Appeals Board has rejected his last-ditch bid to free his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blows my mind that people are defending Greene. He raked Neale's eyes, plain as day.

The decision is absolutely spot on. It was last week's which was ridiculous.
Bullshit! I don’t like the Greene personality at the best of times but the game is making up rules to rub him out. I didn’t see any hand raking and I’ll believe Lachie Neale any day over ‘what you saw’!

Blows my mind that people are defending Greene. He raked Neale's eyes, plain as day.

The decision is absolutely spot on. It was last week's which was ridiculous.
Shocking decision trying to write a wrong from the previous week isn’t the job of the tribunal. You must have evidence that differs from the victims statement.

Bulls**t! I don’t like the Greene personality at the best of times but the game is making up rules to rub him out. I didn’t see any hand raking and I’ll believe Lachie Neale any day over ‘what you saw’!
Shocking decision trying to write a wrong from the previous week isn’t the job of the tribunal. You must have evidence that differs from the victims statement.

Let's get real now.

I thing about Harvey is that when there was state of origin games , he stood out always for the BIG V
We're talking about the Norf Harvey, not the Aints one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back