No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you think is going on if it isn't Greene dragging his fingers over Neale's eyes?
That’s fingers in the eye area, that’s not gouging. Fingers in the eye area is NOT a reportable offense. Now it’s up to you to prove to me that he gouged, which is what the tribunal is ‘assuming’!

Now again, snicko and hotspot please!

How many games did I say goose , would have played a lot more if they kept SOO

lol you said he stood out always for the big v.... so its based on if they kept it? turn it up caeser

That’s fingers in the eye area, that’s not gouging. Fingers in the eye area is NOT a reportable offense. Now it’s up to you to prove to me that he gouged, which is what the tribunal is ‘assuming’!

Now again, snicko and hotspot please!
I think you ought to read up on the actual charge because "gouge" isn't mentioned so I don't have to prove that at all.

If you want to argue that what Greene did isn't suspension-worthy then we can agree to disagree. I'm of the opinion that there is absolutely no place for it in footy. What you simply cannot do is suggest that the evidence is "inconclusive". He did what he was charged with.

I think you ought to read up on the actual charge because "gouge" isn't mentioned.

If you want to argue that what Greene did isn't suspension-worthy then we can agree to disagree. I'm of the opinion that there is absolutely no place for it in footy. What you simply cannot do is suggest that the evidence is "inconclusive". He did what he was charged with.

I think you need to read up on the rules because what the flog was charged with (he’s undeniably a flog) is not even an offense under AFL rules. And again, show me snicko and hotspot...I too can swing at a ball, doesn’t mean I hit it!

I think you need to read up on the rules because what the flog was charged with (he’s undeniably a flog) is not even an offense under AFL rules. And again, show me snicko and hotspot...I too can swing at a ball, doesn’t mean I hit it!
Now you're just making stuff up.

Laws of Australian Football
21.2.2 Reportable Offences
(a) Intentionally or carelessly
(viii) making unreasonable or uneccessary contact with the eye region of another person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you're just making stuff up.

Laws of Australian Football
21.2.2 Reportable Offences
(a) Intentionally or carelessly
(viii) making unreasonable or uneccessary contact with the eye region of another person
Am I? I’m pretty sure the media, players and advocates have been all over it.

Edit: you’re also assuming he raked and gouged. Any player that has pushed another in the face, aren’t they meeting the criteria of that rule also?

Last edited:
Am I? I’m pretty sure the media, players and advocates have been all over it.

Edit: you’re also assuming he raked and gouged.
I couldn't give a stuff what they're saying. It's right there in black and white in the laws of the game so if you or anyone else says what he was charged with isn't even an offence, you're factually incorrect.

And no I am not assuming he "raked and gouged". I'm acknowledging the evidence which clearly shows he made unnecessary and unreasonable contact.

This is what pisses me off about this situation. So many people going off half cocked not understanding what they're actually talking about.

I couldn't give a stuff what they're saying. It's right there in black and white in the laws of the game so if you or anyone else says what he was charged with isn't even an offence, you're factually incorrect.

And no I am not assuming he "raked and gouged". I'm acknowledging the evidence which clearly shows he made unnecessary and unreasonable contact.

This is what pisses me off about this situation. So many people going off half cocked not understanding what they're actually talking about.
Read my edit. Push in the face, how is it different?

And I’m not going off hard cocked but do you know what you’re talking about? It’s ok, you’re clearly a Greene is a flog, let’s rub him out hopinda guy, that’s ok, I’m a prove it guy. How’s snicko and hotspot going?

Read my edit. Push in the face, how is it different?

And I’m not going off hard cocked but do you know what you’re talking about? It’s ok, you’re clearly a Greene is a flog, let’s rub him out hopinda guy, that’s ok, I’m a prove it guy. How’s snicko and hotspot going?
"There's no evidence!"
Produce video evidence
"That's not a gouge!"
He wasn't charged with gouging
"Yeah but whatever he was charged with isn't even a rule"
Here's the specific paragraph in the Laws of Australian Football
"....yeah but that's not a gouge!"
"....where's the proof!"

Mate I've got nothing else to "prove" here.

"There's no evidence!"
Produce video evidence
"That's not a gouge!"
"Yeah but whatever he was charged with isn't even a rule"
Here's the specific paragraph in the Laws of Australian Football
"....yeah but that's not a gouge!"

Mate I've got nothing else to "prove" here.

Of course you don’t, you’re not on the MRO or tribunal, or appeals committee. But you’re innocent unless proven guilty of any offence and I’m sorry, IMO, he’s not guilty (even for a f’wit). There’s no proof that what he did was any more dangerous than pushing someone in the face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back