No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is nuts when you think about it as Beatson has been targetting fast players with good foot skills in the draft for the last 4 or 5 years. Why are they not filtering through?

Without a real top selection (top 5) the players we get whilst they are talented aren’t as highly rated as these innthe top 5. What I’d give to get a Tarranto in our midfield or a Kelly. Both are top 2 picks.

What would you give? Anyone actually worth a top 2 pick?

That's why I was a fan of upgrading rather than downgrading our first rounder, it's something I hope we do this year. Say we have pick 8 (just a guess), lets bundle our 2020 with our 2019 to get that real top level talent. Now whether that could fetch us a top 3 pick I'm not sure but that's the top line talent we need. A speedy inside/outside mid (or plural) is what we lack.

Damian Barrett the absolute sloth of a journalist has done it again. Come out and said the games superstars like Fyfe and Martin should be getting between $8m-$10m because they are why he goes to the footy.

I dunno about anyone else but I go to the footy to see my team win, and they can’t do that if they only have one player because the rest have gone on strike!

He’s one of the dumbest humans honestly

Damian Barrett the absolute sloth of a journalist has done it again. Come out and said the games superstars like Fyfe and Martin should be getting between $8m-$10m because they are why he goes to the footy.

I dunno about anyone else but I go to the footy to see my team win, and they can’t do that if they only have one player because the rest have gone on strike!

He’s one of the dumbest humans honestly
He must be talking from a Freo perspective, coz Fyfe is all those poor souls have got to enjoy at the footy!

But you're right, he is an absolute numpty.

I'd have floated Parker up to be honest, as much as I love the bloke. See if GC would have bitten with 3 top 6 picks.
Just out of interest would you do Lukosious AND Rankine (both) for Parker?
Im not real sure.

Would I do Parker for Kelly or Taranto? For sure.

So I guess in theory - for me anyway - Taranto and Kelly are actually individually probably worth two top 5 picks.
At their current age anyway. Right here and right now.

Im not real sure.

So I guess in theory - for me anyway - Taranto and Kelly are actually individually probably worth two top 5 picks.

Yes to Kelly and Taranto as they are proven. No to Lukosius and Rankine as they are not.

Im not real sure.

For two of those players, absolutely I would, not even a question. Two A grade, potentially elite talents. That is a personal view and not everyone will agree, and that's fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His drinking problems go back to Melbourne.

They wanted to trade him in 2017 as well

Yes and Freo still took him in when they had their hands full with a bunch of others who can't stop drinking. They've also just handled this entirely wrong IMO. They can't seem to decide whether he's missing a game because of an alcohol-related suspension (which they refuse to admit), or because of mental health leave (then why air the dirty laundry of his weekend antics?) Nothing about it makes sense.

Can't say I'm surprised to hear that Hogan has an issue with anxiety - although I'm not entirely sure what clinical anxiety is (has he received an anxiety disorder diagnosis? Or is it a sub-diagnostic form of anxiety?).

I've always thought he plays like someone who is in his own head and worrying. Like if you can get on top of him early in a game you can keep him down because it seems like he reverts into his shell.

A peculiar situation and Freo haven't handled it all too well.

Can't say I'm surprised to hear that Hogan has an issue with anxiety - although I'm not entirely sure what clinical anxiety is (has he received an anxiety disorder diagnosis? Or is it a sub-diagnostic form of anxiety?).

I've always thought he plays like someone who is in his own head and worrying. Like if you can get on top of him early in a game you can keep him down because it seems like he reverts into his shell.

A peculiar situation and Freo haven't handled it all too well.

In fairness, Freo are probably too pre-occupied tidying up all their other alcohol-related issues with players who will most definitely be taking to the field this weekend.

I agree on most of the points that Mason Cox has raised:
  • No to night grand final - but money will win
  • "Tailgating" fans roll up to the game hours before, set up their barbecues, cook up a storm and enjoy a range of live entrainment before kick-off. Not sure about that one - my first Sydney game everyone turns up less than 10 mins. before the game starts (being a Melbourne girl born and bred watching the reserves game beforehand)
  • Game day attire - the red carpet AFLX - nope
  • On-field attire - yep - love the boots and our Indigenous jumpers
  • Names on jumpers - yes - I do not watch many of the other AFL games so would help me

Mason Cox looks at the push to make the AFL more American

I agree on most of the points that Mason Cox has raised:
  • No to night grand final - but money will win
  • "Tailgating" fans roll up to the game hours before, set up their barbecues, cook up a storm and enjoy a range of live entrainment before kick-off. Not sure about that one - my first Sydney game everyone turns up less than 10 mins. before the game starts (being a Melbourne girl born and bred watching the reserves game beforehand)
  • Game day attire - the red carpet AFLX - nope
  • On-field attire - yep - love the boots and our Indigenous jumpers
  • Names on jumpers - yes - I do not watch many of the other AFL games so would help me

Mason Cox looks at the push to make the AFL more American

If I were the AFL I wouldn’t listen to anything Mason Cox has to offer. He’ll be delisted in 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back