No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

That puts to bed any argument on who are the most entitled supporters in the AFL.
If that was Port Adelaide or Brisbane, the Vic media would be all over it & how much these clubs are costing the competition.

Remove the pokie revenue & Tas government money & you have a basket case club with fickle supporters, very much like the interstate clubs that the Vic media have lambasted in the past for the very same reasons.

It shows every teams fans are as “fickle” as the next

Pretty much even Collingwood are

I think the afl is more responsible for crowds than the clubs

I’m less likely to go as neutral to footy these days , feel like the league treats fans with contempt

The media reporting on crowds is very skewed against the northern sides

I’m less likely to go as neutral to footy these days , feel like the league treats fans with contempt

More likely to go if the teams play attacking footy regardless of who that team is. Also don’t like night games

More likely to go if the teams play attacking footy regardless of who that team is. Also don’t like night games

All I want is fair reporting

If Sydney’s crowd Friday is cause for media questions

Then the hawks what? Should move from the mcg to where? Or just open one stand?

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

Its also expensive. The Lions/Swans game at the Gabba starting prices were around $40, then $56, then $65. General admission had sold out. Add a couple of drinks, $20 for a burger, chips and drink it all adds up, $170 to watch a game of footy for two adults and that didn't include accomodation in Brissie for the night.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-14/boring-hawks-happy-to-grind-out-dull-wins-omeara

"HAWTHORN star Jaeger O'Meara wouldn't say the Hawks are playing boring footy, but even if they are he'd much prefer to be a dull winner than an exciting loser. A disappointing crowd of 14,636 – a season-low for any game at the MCG this year – turned out on Sunday to watch a defensively-disciplined Hawthorn grind out an upset win over GWS.
AFL great and Seven Network commentator Wayne Carey was less-than-impressed by the low-scoring affair, declaring the Hawks "are now the most boring team in the competition that no one wants to watch".
Boring or not, the win was important for Hawthorn, which improved to ninth on the ladder with a 4-4 record.

"I'm not too sure about that ... I think at the weekend we played with a lot of spirit and energy," O'Meara said of the unflattering label.

"I'm not too sure about boring but if we did look boring on the weekend then I'm happy to be boring because we had a really good win."

Yep!

Attention AFL fans!
We have been had!

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-14/boring-hawks-happy-to-grind-out-dull-wins-omeara

"HAWTHORN star Jaeger O'Meara wouldn't say the Hawks are playing boring footy, but even if they are he'd much prefer to be a dull winner than an exciting loser. A disappointing crowd of 14,636 – a season-low for any game at the MCG this year – turned out on Sunday to watch a defensively-disciplined Hawthorn grind out an upset win over GWS.
AFL great and Seven Network commentator Wayne Carey was less-than-impressed by the low-scoring affair, declaring the Hawks "are now the most boring team in the competition that no one wants to watch".
Boring or not, the win was important for Hawthorn, which improved to ninth on the ladder with a 4-4 record.

"I'm not too sure about that ... I think at the weekend we played with a lot of spirit and energy," O'Meara said of the unflattering label.

"I'm not too sure about boring but if we did look boring on the weekend then I'm happy to be boring because we had a really good win."

Yep!

Attention AFL fans!
We have been had!

Hawthorn look more entertaining now than a few years ago. They were at their most boring when they were flogging teams by 80 points and winning premierships. Great team and all, but **** me I never understood why Bruce & Dennis creamed their jeans over this team. They played the most boring brand I've seen in my lifetime, even if it did work.

Hawks have had lousy crowds the last few years, don't think mother's day had anything to do with it.

Mother's Day would have made it worse though.

It should be better next week.

Still better than a few sides at least. Crowds always drop when there is a form slump

Still pathetic IMO particularly from that club. Plenty of blokes running around out there that contributed to a three-peat that should warrant sustained interest from the supporters.

Still pathetic IMO particularly from that club. Plenty of blokes running around out there that contributed to a three-peat that should warrant sustained interest from the supporters.

On a Sunday against GWS though, and in that timeslot, I'm surprised it got that many in the first place

Our crowds are terrible , but who would want to watch boring footy when your fickle to start with.
That's just offensive bedders. I'm pretty over you guys who don't have to go out there is freezing cold, on wet and windy nights, calling us fickle! How many night games were there in Melbourne in the 70s? How many of those did you go and take your family to?

I hate to break it to you, but Sydney crowds mostly wouldn't know boring if they fell over it! They just like to win!

That's just offensive bedders. I'm pretty over you guys who don't have to go out there is freezing cold, on wet and windy nights, calling us fickle! How many night games were there in Melbourne in the 70s? How many of those did you go and take your family to?

I hate to break it to you, but Sydney crowds mostly wouldn't know boring if they fell over it! They just like to win!

He should probably improve his grammar if he is going to troll Sydney supporters.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

Offensive ! I find that comment offensive . Night games in Melbourne , we had plenty on a Tuesday night with the night series played at the Lake Oval. Wet days at the Lake , days at Vic Park , Windy Hill etc you wouldn't cope . My Grandmother , Mother went to every South game , no matter where it was.
Why do we brag about so many members when they don't go and by the way Aussie Rules is a Winter sport !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back