No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is booing so controversial all of a sudden? Are AFL people so insular that they don't realise that it happens in every sport and there's really nothing wrong with it? WTF? I should feel sorry for some millionaire religious fanatic because he can't handle a few boos from the crowd??? Get real
My guess - it's the AFL learning the wrong lessons of the Goodes booing, thinking it was about general abuse because they didn't like him when it was vastly more complex than that. Accordingly they're overcompensating.

Though Ablett seems to be handling it well.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Last year Melbourne were the best team to watch, now they just make footy look really really hard

Great to see Rioli involved, I may have got a bit emotional when Brad Green and his kids came out
They were great to watch if on their terms, they were terrible otherwise.

The new rules have not helped them as they loved playing 1 or 2 extra in defense at centre bounces to create that run they do well.

Melbourne have been terrible, but I haven't thought that much of the Pies either tbh... I'm thinking the pies aren't as good as i thought they were, just a bit better than all the rest in a poor year.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
The holding the ball/illegal disposal rule and how it's umpired is a joke, changes from game to game in the same round and changes from round to round.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
The Bigfooty classic 'where is club X at' threads have popped up in recent weeks but none related to Sydney. Guess a lot of people know we are rebuilding I guess. Even the team admits it.

The holding the ball/illegal disposal rule and how it's umpired is a joke, changes from game to game in the same round and changes from round to round.
Changes contest to contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back