No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bigfooty classic 'where is club X at' threads have popped up in recent weeks but none related to Sydney. Guess a lot of people know we are rebuilding I guess. Even the team admits it.
The Round 10 limit helped in fairness, we’ve been better from being 1-6.

EDIT: it also helps we were so ordinary in 2018 despite playing finals. It’s not really like a Melbourne situation.

Last edited:
Goodwin should get the boot imo
Won’t happen given he already got a 3 year deal before the season started. In any case it’d be like sacking Hardwick after that 2016 season (I.e. probably gets another chance but with a different team)

Gawn was enormous today though, just about BOG
Yeah, if there’s one Melbourne player that should be free of criticism it’s big Maxy.

I thought Petracca was good too but he and Gawn really were pretty much the only ones. Weideman played his part I guess.

Gawn was enormous today though, just about BOG
It wasn’t a criticism of Gawn? ....pretty sure I referred to the kick as the kick was symbolic of the rubbish skill execution of the team throughout the game where no pressure existed.....

not goodwins fault imo, said pre season dees a fragile club, will take ages to fix that culture

I'm also wondering how much facilities come into it, we have struggled and we barely had a training oval, dees facilities crap too arent they?

Danger giving Rohan a major rap on talking footy. Also how the cats learnt from our forward set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

david king making excuses for west coast apparently

media get obsessed with the losers

west coast defending flag would be happy overall this year, but surely weekend is more about us as winners than them

I remember Fremantle were 14-0 or something? North 10-0 neither team did anything.
Both were 9-0.

Thing with North was that their draw in the first half of the season was pretty easy and their second half draw very difficult. For Geelong it's arguably the other way around. And Freo won a heap of games by narrow margins, which Geelong aren't doing. They could still choke a final I guess but I'll be pretty surprised if they're not in the last week of September.

Both were 9-0.

Thing with North was that their draw in the first half of the season was pretty easy and their second half draw very difficult. For Geelong it's arguably the other way around. And Freo won a heap of games by narrow margins, which Geelong aren't doing. They could still choke a final I guess but I'll be pretty surprised if they're not in the last week of September.

Fremantle were pretty dominant in 2015 they were 16-2 just before round 20 where they lost 3 out of their last 4 games.

Geelong has a awful finals record will be interesting how they go.

david king making excuses for west coast apparently

Not really, it was part of segment on the big losers from the weekend out of the Lions, Giants and Eagles and where they sit. Just stated he expected them to drop a couple of games in the first half of the season out of nowhere while most expected them to pick up where they left off as premiers and the bye comes at the right time for them as they get their players right for the push for finals. Didn't dismiss us or say we won because the Eagles had injuries.

media get obsessed with the losers

west coast defending flag would be happy overall this year, but surely weekend is more about us as winners than them

The segment was seeing where 3 teams in the Top 8 who lost on the weekend sit. Our game wasn't discussed as it will be later in the week.

Not really, it was part of segment on the big losers from the weekend out of the Lions, Giants and Eagles and where they sit. Just stated he expected them to drop a couple of games in the first half of the season out of nowhere while most expected them to pick up where they left off as premiers and the bye comes at the right time for them as they get their players right for the push for finals. Didn't dismiss us or say we won because the Eagles had injuries.

The segment was seeing where 3 teams in the Top 8 who lost on the weekend sit. Our game wasn't discussed as it will be later in the week.

was talking about the media as a whole in general

i didnt watch king, just said apparently he was

Have to agree with D.King this time considering the stakes of outright 2nd place 4th placed team should not lose to a bottom 4 side especially with no bench!

Fremantle were pretty dominant in 2015 they were 16-2 just before round 20 where they lost 3 out of their last 4 games.

Geelong has a awful finals record will be interesting how they go.
Percentage matters too though. Fremantle's percantage was 118%, which while good is not that imposing. West Coast and Hawthorn's by comparison were around 150%.

This year Geelong are going at over 150%, the next best two are Collingwood and GWS with around 130%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back